Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
This launch has really annoyed me. I was fairly sure that CDPR wouldn't let me down. I had faith that they'd deliver at least on the game being amazing, and that it would be a great experience for all of us. I've enjoyed what I've played so far, encountered some amusing bugs in my playtime but nothing game-breaking, but it honestly disappoints me that so many are having so many issues, some of them so basic that it's worrying how QA testing missed them.

I genuinely don't know what they were thinking. You can't release a game to millions in the state that it's in and expect everything to be OK. What made them think that they wouldn't be caught out? Honestly, it runs fine for me on the Series X but I'm away at the moment and have access only to an old 32" LCD TV to play the game on, so I've no idea what it looks and runs like past 1080p, but by all accounts it's not great from what I've read. In all seriousness, how did they think that they'd get away with it? It's so disappointing to see one of my favourite developers fall so far and hard. It's such a shame. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt before launch with them promising two huge patches to fix things, but from what I'm reading and seeing on the Internet, those patches have barely resolved the issues for many. It's shocking. I honestly don't understand how they thought it would all be OK at launch. Its baffling.

Soldato
This launch has really annoyed me. I was fairly sure that CDPR wouldn't let me down. I had faith that they'd deliver at least on the game being amazing, and that it would be a great experience for all of us. I've enjoyed what I've played so far, encountered some amusing bugs in my playtime but nothing game-breaking, but it honestly disappoints me that so many are having so many issues, some of them so basic that it's worrying how QA testing missed them.

I genuinely don't know what they were thinking. You can't release a game to millions in the state that it's in and expect everything to be OK. What made them think that they wouldn't be caught out? Honestly, it runs fine for me on the Series X but I'm away at the moment and have access only to an old 32" LCD TV to play the game on, so I've no idea what it looks and runs like past 1080p, but by all accounts it's not great from what I've read. In all seriousness, how did they think that they'd get away with it? It's so disappointing to see one of my favourite developers fall so far and hard. It's such a shame. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt before launch with them promising two huge patches to fix things, but from what I'm reading and seeing on the Internet, those patches have barely resolved the issues for many. It's shocking. I honestly don't understand how they thought it would all be OK at launch. Its baffling.

They didn't miss the bugs, they just went on the backlog with everything else and they launched a game that is essential still in beta testing.

Take a look at the new 1.04 patch notes, this is fixing tons of stuff in the first few missions, how are they not working on day one?

But they've made tens of millions of dollars due to very questionable business practices and I'd say outright deception as far as base PS4 and One are concerned.

It's hard for people to get refunds, if at all, but I'd be wanting my money back on one of those systems, 15fps is unacceptable. Thankfully I'm playing on Series X which has been pretty good so far, but I don't think my fellow gamers and consumers deserve to be shafted by some company.

This faith in some faceless company people have is beyond me.

Caporegime
OP
Whilst I am absolutely loving the game itself I do agree with people on the fact of CDPR need to be called out on the state of the game for PS4/Xbox one and just the base state of the game (AI wise) I read a good post on Reddit last that talked about the traffic and pedestrians, I’ve just done a few side quests and the main quests but if you look to closely at the city it all just falls apart, there’s nothing there.

There is no depth to the city, I had a gun fight with some people and I turned the corner after killing them and everyone was just crouched on the floor it was quite funny.

Hopefully a lot changes over the course of the next year to really bring the city to life because i do think it’s a wonderful city, I love walking around it and seeing everything, it just needs lots more polish and dev time.

Soldato
More and more games seem to be releasing in various states of Beta test...

Whilst I do agree with that there is also the issue that some gamers are just utter pr*cks which results in the situation we had earlier this year where the devs of this game were sent death threats just because the game got delayed for a few months. Clearly this game should have been delayed for another 6 months or so but if that would have happened the devs would have suffered all manners of abuse.

Caporegime
OP
Whilst I do agree with that there is also the issue that some gamers are just utter pr*cks which results in the situation we had earlier this year where the devs of this game were sent death threats just because the game got delayed for a few months. Clearly this game should have been delayed for another 6 months or so but if that would have happened the devs would have suffered all manners of abuse.

not just that but the reputational damage would have been massive too

Associate
And there is the issue. They had a choice of delaying it or releasing it when it's clearly not finished. Either choice leads to grief from entitled gamer babies.

There are always some people out there who behave awfully (in any walk of life). Completely unacceptable.

CDPR tied themselves up in knots with the release date here. Pretty sure their official Twitter account confirmed the release date at one point, then a delay was announced the next day :D.

Edit - this one :D
https://twitter.com/cyberpunkgame/status/1320829781936640013

Last edited:
Associate
And there is the issue. They had a choice of delaying it or releasing it when it's clearly not finished. Either choice leads to grief from entitled gamer babies.

Too right, what has happened to gamers! Behind all this, there will be devs who are still working their arses off to fix this, imagine their motivation right now.

Associate
Got it for my XBX yesterday. Literally logged in created a character and started it. The textures were appalling, like really bad. They looked so low and soft and fuzzy with lack of detail.
I'm gutted but had to refund it, there is no way I want to experience it this way. It was like playing a game before you set it to it's native resolution in the options on PC. I used my
MS rewards, I was refunded just this morning, within a minute of sending the request. Wondering if many others have done this also.

I will wait for the series X stock to normalise and then see how the game is doing with patches etc in a few months time.

Caporegime
Whilst I am absolutely loving the game itself I do agree with people on the fact of CDPR need to be called out on the state of the game for PS4/Xbox one and just the base state of the game (AI wise) I read a good post on Reddit last that talked about the traffic and pedestrians, I’ve just done a few side quests and the main quests but if you look to closely at the city it all just falls apart, there’s nothing there.

There is no depth to the city, I had a gun fight with some people and I turned the corner after killing them and everyone was just crouched on the floor it was quite funny.

Hopefully a lot changes over the course of the next year to really bring the city to life because i do think it’s a wonderful city, I love walking around it and seeing everything, it just needs lots more polish and dev time.

I think this us what I'm most disappointed about. Bugs can be fixed and just means I can continue to wait before picking the game up.

However I have read a lot about what you describe in terms of the AI and that the city is sort of an empty shell with little to interact with. I've also been disappointed to see how the police work. From one early trailer/gameplay video it showed a hovering police ship/car that they got out off but I guess that must have been a scripted mission. It would appear that instead of having cool vehicles that they arrive in, they literally just spawn a few feet behind you wherever you are in a ridiculous manner.

This stuff, unlike bugs, likely won't get fixed/changed :(

Soldato
Tempted to load up GTA V in FPS mode for a walk round the city just to compare. My dodgy memory makes me think it looked much better than this.

Played a few hours of this last night on my PS5 up to the Brain Dance bits and while there's the bones of a good game there it looks and feels like a PC game from 15 years ago.

Can't decide whether to continue with it and watch it improve with patches as I play or shelve it until the PS5 update. I can look past the graphics of the game is compelling enough.

Soldato

The upside is witcher 3 had its issues as well and they did eventually fix it, I dont think it was this bad, but they are a dev who do after market patches.

Soldato
Tempted to load up GTA V in FPS mode for a walk round the city just to compare. My dodgy memory makes me think it looked much better than this.

Played a few hours of this last night on my PS5 up to the Brain Dance bits and while there's the bones of a good game there it looks and feels like a PC game from 15 years ago.

Can't decide whether to continue with it and watch it improve with patches as I play or shelve it until the PS5 update. I can look past the graphics of the game is compelling enough.

gta5 on max settings is a beauty, especially that park type area with the pond. I dont know how good it can look on the consoles though, but on PC its amazing what they achieved.

gta5 is also helped by the fact it has msaa as well.

Soldato
The upside is witcher 3 had its issues as well and they did eventually fix it, I dont think it was this bad, but they are a dev who do after market patches.

Yep, for sure but I'm not sure how they're going to deal with the fallout from the issues on PS4 and Xbox One S. I understand it's been in development for a long time but seeing what Rockstar achieved with RDR2 makes it inexcusable that it looks and runs as badly as it does on those platforms, regardless of their age. The PC argument is moot because they release required and minimum specs for a PC so you set your expectations based on your hardware. The fact is that you buy the game for consile and it has an Xbox One or a PS4 label and you expect it would run at 30fps and still look pretty decent. Not the blurred messy slideshow that people are getting.

From some posts on Reddit I've also seen that the new patch yesterday hasn't fixed issues people are having on the PS4, and has actually broken the Steam version for many. It's absolutely dire and I don't know how they'll restore themselves after this. It would be a different story if the patch yesterday had sorted things out because they'd missed some major fixes in the launch day patch or they didn't make it through QA in time for launch. That's not the case here though. It's just blow after blow.

Back
Top Bottom