*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
For me the game has lived up to the hype, when playing on ultrawide dark room the game is 100% immersive as if I could be there . I haven't had that with a game probably ever.

Soldato
What kind of fps are people getting with a 3080 and a 5600x at 1440p

I use quality dlss
Rtx ultra (makes 1 or 2 fps diff for me)
Lowest I have seen is 38 in the market
Usually 55-60 roaming around
Highest is 70 indoors

I've tried changing res to 1080p which makes no difference either. I saw 10900k benchmarks get 120+ on 1080p so wondering if its just poor performance on AMD this time round?

Associate
Well I have the 3090 (so that's meant to be 10-15% faster? if that) and a I9 10900k overclocked to 5.2ghz...and at 1440p with everything Ultra...DLSS Quality its around 70-90FPS....lowest it ever gets is high 60's.

I do notice my CPU usage gets into the 70-80% mark when about in the city....its clearly pretty CPU heavy game.

Soldato
Well I have the 3090 (so that's meant to be 10-15% faster? if that) and a I9 10900k overclocked to 5.2ghz...and at 1440p with everything Ultra...DLSS Quality its around 70-90FPS....lowest it ever gets is high 60's.

I do notice my CPU usage gets into the 70-80% mark when about in the city....its clearly pretty CPU heavy game.

Interesting my cpu usage never goes much over 40%. Gpu can fluctuate from 60 to 95% depends on where I am. I am not totally hooked on it so might wait a year for performance fixes before I give it some serious hours like I did with Witcher

Soldato
What kind of fps are people getting with a 3080 and a 5600x at 1440p

I use quality dlss
Rtx ultra (makes 1 or 2 fps diff for me)
Lowest I have seen is 38 in the market
Usually 55-60 roaming around
Highest is 70 indoors

I've tried changing res to 1080p which makes no difference either. I saw 10900k benchmarks get 120+ on 1080p so wondering if its just poor performance on AMD this time round?

I game at the same settings, with Gsync on, vsync off, and get 60 to 80 fps, but I've only played an hour or so. Certainly not seen dips below 55 unless I turn dlss off. My pc does run pretty clean, and stutter free, and has been super stable.
Ryzen 3800x at stock, after burner showed around 40% usage.
TUF 3080 99% use, holds around 2Ghz on the core. but I'm not on the latest driver.

Associate
Interesting my cpu usage never goes much over 40%. Gpu can fluctuate from 60 to 95% depends on where I am. I am not totally hooked on it so might wait a year for performance fixes before I give it some serious hours like I did with Witcher

Hmm your GPU should be pegged to 99%....not sure I've ever seen my GPU anything less.

Clearly optimisation issues....I assume you have the latest Nvidia drivers?

Soldato
Anyone got a solid LOCKED 60fps on a 2060S, any settings? No matter what I set I seem to still get the odd stutter and drop when driving around or just out in the city

Soldato
One thing I've noticed guys is GPU usage sometimes drops below 100% after changing game settings and never recovers when restarting the game it is back as it was. Anyone else noticed that

Clearly there is plenty more optimisation to do here

Associate
how big is the patch? ive got 50gb spare on the 120gb ssd i installed the game on, its the only thing on there yet GoG patcher says 'not enough free disk space'. >.<

Soldato
Don't think you can do anything other than leave the area to evade their breach or kill them**

Anyone else really liking the photo mode? Can't get enough of it looking around the city and places for street photography scenes or portrait ops

Photo mode is great although I wish the drone view had more freedom instead of just focussing on V. Hopefully they’ll update that.

Soldato
As for the game itself, I think people who are expecting a full on RPG where you can interact with every single possible thing and have 20 minutes of waffling random choice dialogue with every NPC you encounter will be disappointed as it is more of an action/adventure game with RPG elements.

Surely nobody expected this. CDPR make very good games, but not good RPGs. In TW3 for example, Geralt was a pre-made character that never said the dialogue you chose, just something similar(often nothing like it), and had full on conversations with people without any input from the player. As for levelling and progression, CDPR have always been way off. I just left TW3 on auto levelling it was so meaningless after a point. It's hard to get excited when choosing skills on levelling up means you get to choose between 'an extra 0.5% damage at night after using a bomb for 30 seconds' or 'adrenaline incerases an extra 1.4% for 10 minutes if wearing 2 types of a certain armour' (these are obviously made up, I can't think of them off the top of my head but they aren't far off as silly as that!).

I'll be going in to it expecting a very good action game

Associate
how big is the patch? ive got 50gb spare on the 120gb ssd i installed the game on, its the only thing on there yet GoG patcher says 'not enough free disk space'. >.<

yeah it seems to need the whole games worth of space to do the patch.. 59gb free space needed atleast i read... just finished the update myself and it took maybe an hour, it was stuck between 57-59% forever

Soldato
Honestly, how long do people reckon before the game is mostly bug-free and performing well? A few weeks? A month? Longer?

I am happy to wait and finish other games first. This game looks so great I just don't want to spoil it with the inevitable launch bugs that will be fixed in time.

Associate
Well that's an anti-climax - downloaded on Steam on Friday, in anticipation of a weekend of gaming indulgence playing this, applied a patch waiting on Steam this morning and ... the bloody thing can't/won't even get past the CDPR launcher before crashing.

PC is about 18 months old, purchased from this very establishment:

i7 8700K Coffee Lake @ 3.7Ghz
8GB GeForce GTX 1070Ti
16GB DDR4
Gigabyte Aorus Z370 motherboard

Also downloaded the latest GeForce driver this morning.

Error report sent to CDPR contains this, if it means anything:

Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.3217599 P4CL: 4158334 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Assert
Expression: result == archive::LoadingResult::SUCCESSFUL
Message: Failed to load archive D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\basegame_3_nightcity.archive, error 3, try regenerating archives!
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\resource\src\resourcegamedepot.cpp
Line: 499

"uptimeSeconds":1
"stopThreadID":1152
"exceptionCode":0x80000003
"processID":5184
"Engine/CommitFailedErrorCode@1#TID=0":"0"
"Configuration/Name@2#TID=0":"FINAL"
"Configuration/Name2@3#TID=0":"FINAL"
"Game/Patch@7#TID=0":"1.04"
"Engine/OOM@4#TID=0":"false"
"GlobalMode/IsClosing@5#TID=0":"false"
"GlobalMode/IsGame@6#TID=0":"false"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxLatentJobs@8#TID=0":"131072"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxCriticalPathJobs@9#TID=0":"65536"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxImmediateJobs@10#TID=0":"2048"
"Jobs/InitParam/WorkerThreadStackSizeKB@11#TID=0":"1024"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxThreads@12#TID=0":"27"
"Jobs/InitParam/AllJobsCriticalPath@14#TID=0":"false"
"Jobs/InitParam/UseJobDebugger@13#TID=0":"false"
"Jobs/Dispatcher/NumDispatcherThreads@15#TID=0":"11"
"Jobs/Dispatcher/MaxHWConcurrency@16#TID=0":"12"
"##CrashDump##/DumpCrashDataSeconds":"0"​

Hrrrmmph ... guess I'll just have to wait for another patch

Soldato
Surely nobody expected this. CDPR make very good games, but not good RPGs. In TW3 for example, Geralt was a pre-made character that never said the dialogue you chose, just something similar(often nothing like it), and had full on conversations with people without any input from the player. As for levelling and progression, CDPR have always been way off. I just left TW3 on auto levelling it was so meaningless after a point. It's hard to get excited when choosing skills on levelling up means you get to choose between 'an extra 0.5% damage at night after using a bomb for 30 seconds' or 'adrenaline incerases an extra 1.4% for 10 minutes if wearing 2 types of a certain armour' (these are obviously made up, I can't think of them off the top of my head but they aren't far off as silly as that!).

I'll be going in to it expecting a very good action game

I never played TW3 but this feels a bit like The Division in the bullet spongeyness and guided experience where you have to follow a sort of set path and not everything can be interacted with.

Back
Top Bottom