• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow, Nvidia have banned Hardware Unboxed from receiving review samples...

Caporegime
And people on here have always wondered why I would never buy from this horrible company :rolleyes:

But, But I am an AMD fanboy is what gets said when I bash nvidia. No I just look past the green tinted glasses and dont follow the sheep!

https://twitter.com/HardwareUnboxed/status/1337580282522660864?s=20

Nvidia Marketing: "Hardware Unboxed said DLSS is extremely impressive"

Nvidia to Hardware Unboxed: "you don't put enough emphasis on DLSS so we are taking you off our review sampling list"

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
^^ It’s good Jay’s saying that but he’s still going to be frothing at the mouth to cover the next gen of Nvidia products like all the reviewers will. Not sure how much they can do to really affect Nvidia’s practices.

Yeah he has earned a brownie point but its too little too late, he should have been saying this months/years ago, not jumping behind HUB like a weedy schoolkid that's tough mate is about to do the fighting!

Associate
Jay two cents still currently holds the 2nd top score in pet Royal as far as I'm aware - didn't know GN where competing, GN is a more casual-tech friendly channel
They did a live OC competition and GN won, then Jay got better scores offline. Just like 6800xt got beaten on launch day but now it is ahead the 3080 in Timespy. Fine wine baby! :)

https://twitter.com/ICristianH/status/1337699777534980097

Associate
And people on here have always wondered why I would never buy from this horrible company :rolleyes:

But, But I am an AMD fanboy is what gets said when I bash nvidia. No I just look past the green tinted glasses and dont follow the sheep!

https://twitter.com/HardwareUnboxed/status/1337580282522660864?s=20
People can say whatever they want about Nvidia, but the reality is that nvidia gpu's just WORK, AMD can't even come close to this hassle free experience that nvidia can offer.

Soldato
People can say whatever they want about Nvidia, but the reality is that nvidia gpu's just WORK, AMD can't even come close to this hassle free experience that nvidia can offer.

Yeah, AMD's driver package only just installs and works whereas I have to log in to GFE to get access to feature sets...I mean come on AMD get in the game.

Associate
It's all madness really. I had and still own untill the £1 seller fees pop up, a 5700XT. In my experience in the 11 months I had owed it was sooooo bad. Constant PC lockups, black screens, forced restarts and in games I'd be playing with the few friends I have in my mid 30s. It was embarrassing when I told my mates who all had Nvidia GPU's sorry I can't play as it'll happen again. Also couldn't use discord as the hardware acceleration and overlay wouldn't work either.

I'm only about 20 hours into owning my 3080 and so far so good. It's nice to be able to play multiplayer with the 'boys boys boys' granted I paid over the odds for it. But even the buggy 5700XT resale is mental lol. I shouldn't loose a penny if I can sell it soon.

It's a shame Nvidia have done this to HUB but it won't stop me buying an AiB version on Nvidia. I really do hope that the drivers have sorted out for those of you who have team red products.

(I may of messed this point up as typing I was on phone and Mrs was yapping about Eden project this and that, god help me today lol)

Soldato
It's all madness really. I had and still own untill the £1 seller fees pop up, a 5700XT. In my experience in the 11 months I had owed it was sooooo bad. Constant PC lockups, black screens, forced restarts and in games I'd be playing with the few friends I have in my mid 30s. It was embarrassing when I told my mates who all had Nvidia GPU's sorry I can't play as it'll happen again. Also couldn't use discord as the hardware acceleration and overlay wouldn't work either.

I'm only about 20 hours into owning my 3080 and so far so good. It's nice to be able to play multiplayer with the 'boys boys boys' granted I paid over the odds for it. But even the buggy 5700XT resale is mental lol. I shouldn't loose a penny if I can sell it soon.

It's a shame Nvidia have done this to HUB but it won't stop me buying an AiB version on Nvidia. I really do hope that the drivers have sorted out for those of you who have team red products.

(I may of messed this point up as typing I was on phone and Mrs was yapping about Eden project this and that, god help me today lol)

Either your card was faulty or you were doing something wrong. Been using Ati/AMD almost exclusively for 20 years (8800gtx in between) and that's never been my experience. I game more than anyone I know so would never put up with that kind of experience and would have been on team green a long time ago if that was the case.

Permabanned
With pretty much all the big tech reviewers now saying the same thing about this i don't know how anyone can defend Nvidia with a straight face.

Never thought I would defend Nvidia, but here we are with cards roughly in the same price bracket (6800XT/3080) and an influencer restricting the capabilities of the cards to a level where both cards can be compared. The same influencer that runs a poll on RT knowing that most people don't understand RT and even goes so far as to influence the outcome. By all means talk about the downside of DLSS, but if you are talking about artifacts then you also have to talk about artifacts due to SSR using legacy techniques.

Lazy, accidental or intentional, no manufacturer should stand for that BS. Such reviewers need to do a better job.

Soldato

Yeah sure, and this is my point! Its users like yourself that believe Nvidia just simply work and never "Never" have issues :rolleyes: GPUs software both have their fair share of bugs dont reply to me acting like you never had an issue with a game or nvidia driver!

This reply is a prime example of following the heard wearing green tinted glasses "Everything is perfectly fine"

Permabanned
Not sure what your point is here. Linus is actually quite open with the way finances work for the Linus Media Group. He did a video on it.

Merchandise is pretty important to maintain a revenue stream and continue to pay the wages of your staff. These "youtube beggars" are often not just 1 or 2 people. They are often large teams (unfortunate really, because solo youtubers cant get nearly the same amount of views)

You should really consider everything Linus said in the video regarding Nvidia. Get beyond merchandise and pretty much everything he said is spot on.

These Youtubers influence purchases. They make money from views. If your not going to represent the product in all of it's capabilites then perhaps you should stick to selling mouse mats. Is that clearer?

Soldato
Never thought I would defend Nvidia, but here we are with cards roughly in the same price bracket (6800XT/3080) and an influencer restricting the capabilities of the cards to a level where both cards can be compared. The same influencer that runs a poll on RT knowing that most people don't understand RT and even goes so far as to influence the outcome. By all means talk about the downside of DLSS, but if you are talking about artifacts then you also have to talk about artifacts due to SSR using legacy techniques.

Lazy, accidental or intentional, no manufacturer should stand for that BS. Such reviewers need to do a better job.
You talking a load of BS.

Soldato

Just like in a heard of sheep you get that odd run away.

Listen you can not defend Nvidia here, its out in the wild and you think all these tech guys jumping at Nvidia they would do it for nothing? Why would they risk getting future products if they dont also see how bad this is? You know what i am happy to see Nvidia getting backlash over this! Its been coming for years its just some people see it before others! Take of them tinted green glasses.

Back
Top Bottom