• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow, Nvidia have banned Hardware Unboxed from receiving review samples...

Associate
Either your card was faulty or you were doing something wrong. Been using Ati/AMD almost exclusively for 20 years (8800gtx in between) and that's never been my experience. I game more than anyone I know so would never put up with that kind of experience and would have been on team green a long time ago if that was the case.

In all honesty yeah it would seem that way. But all I'd ever get was try this workaround or turn that feature off and try again next patch etc. When I built or started to build my current pc in January I didn't know I had to do all those things. I was out of the pc building scene for 6/8 years, my last GPU I did own was a Sparkle GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB, and then a laptop that had a 960m in it. I did have ati stuff in my teens but that was over 15 years ago so can't remember the issues I had. If any back in the 00s.

So I may now have trouble selling the 5700XT if it did needed to he sent back before, I will say recent drivers were ok and I could play CP2077 with the latest drivers. I don't know but it left a sour taste in my mouth and I wasn't alone either. Was hundreds of thousands too.

Soldato
Just like in a heard of sheep you get that odd run away.

Listen you can not defend Nvidia here, its out in the wild and you think all these tech guys jumping at Nvidia they would do it for nothing? Why would they risk getting future products if they dont also see how bad this is? You know what i am happy to see Nvidia getting backlash over this! Its been coming for years its just some people see it before others! Take of them tinted green glasses.

Just stick him on ignore, the Amd threads are a lot cleaner, i got 7 or 8 people on ignore since 2005 and 4 have been this year, this year is insane.

Soldato
By all means talk about the downside of DLSS, but if you are talking about artifacts then you also have to talk about artifacts due to SSR using legacy techniques.

Lazy, accidental or intentional, no manufacturer should stand for that BS. Such reviewers need to do a better job.

That is exactly what he says actually "...but of course there are a wealth of issues with screen space reflections too, so compromises are always a part of today's graphics" - 3:30 https://youtu.be/U0Ay8rMdFAg?t=210

Perhaps some posters need to do a better job at getting things straight before criticising. Lazy, accidental or intentional, no forum user should stand for that BS.

Associate
Yeah, AMD's driver package only just installs and works whereas I have to log in to GFE to get access to feature sets...I mean come on AMD get in the game.

Have you experienced any issues with amd software? Because people say amd software is really bad but I haven't experienced any issues yet. Now I am worry if I have done something wrong with installation lol. :D:p

Btw, my last amd card was 7870xt, amd software is much easier to use now and personally I found it better than GFE. Also don't like GFE need login for features.

Permabanned
That is exactly what he says actually "...but of course there are a wealth of issues with screen space reflections too, so compromises are always a part of today's graphics" - 3:30 https://youtu.be/U0Ay8rMdFAg?t=210

Perhaps some posters need to do a better job at getting things straight before criticising. Lazy, accidental or intentional, no forum user should stand for that BS.

That's exactly what he says now. After Nvidia has stepped in. Well done HU?

Also check dates if you are interested in time....

Soldato
“I bought an AMD card and became unpopular with my friends. I now own an Nvidia card and no longer feel the social shame i used to have....” - Nvidia owner

Permabanned
Just like in a heard of sheep you get that odd run away.

Listen you can not defend Nvidia here, its out in the wild and you think all these tech guys jumping at Nvidia they would do it for nothing? Why would they risk getting future products if they dont also see how bad this is? You know what i am happy to see Nvidia getting backlash over this! Its been coming for years its just some people see it before others! Take of them tinted green glasses.

There not so much tech guys, if they were they would be doing another job. They are QVC like sales people.

Soldato
These Youtubers influence purchases. They make money from views. If your not going to represent the product in all of it's capabilites then perhaps you should stick to selling mouse mats. Is that clearer?

It would be if you actually watched these YouTubers. Because you are clearly clueless. Nvidia even quoted Hardware Unboxed for their own marketing needs.

Associate
in their DLSS video, it's bizarre that they've effectively ruled out all other implementations of DLSS other than "quality" mode, which if anything provides a better than native image while "balanced" essentially offers parity and "performance" gives a very reasonable compromise to get framerates up (ultra performance is where it becomes too big a compromise to be worth it). this wouldn't be an issue if the the point they keep repeating is that 20 series cards aren't capable of running CP2077 with RT at decent framerates, which they entirely are using those other options and reducing some of the other game engine settings from ultra to high for an almost negligable difference. it doesn't seem like a fair conclusion at all.

that said, to cut them off and make such a petty and bitchy statement in doing it, along with that mortifyingly embarrassing email is utter PR suicide. how the person who wrote it ever got into the position he did doing his job i'll never know.

Soldato
in their DLSS video, it's bizarre that they've effectively ruled out all other implementations of DLSS other than "quality" mode, which if anything provides a better than native image while "balanced" essentially offers parity and "performance" gives a very reasonable compromise to get framerates up (ultra performance is where it becomes too big a compromise to be worth it). this wouldn't be an issue if the the point they keep repeating is that 20 series cards aren't capable of running CP2077 with RT at decent framerates, which they entirely are using those other options and reducing some of the other game engine settings from ultra to high for an almost negligable difference. it doesn't seem like a fair conclusion at all.

that said, to cut them off and make such a petty and bitchy statement in doing it, along with that mortifyingly embarrassing email is utter PR suicide. how the person who wrote it ever got into the position he did doing his job i'll never know.

Yeah enough with the misinformation, quality mode renders distance stuff better but is softer and blurrier than native, other modes get progressively worse.

bR0bJNW.jpg

Associate
I'm under no illusions Nvidia is nothing short of a Steve Jobs Apple type company, iterate for profit unless forced and control every single aspect to their own devises and bully and control with threats and force, this is the result of zero competition from anyone for the last decade and why it baffles me why anyone supports either team Green or Red for that fact in the zealot fanboy ways we see on the internet.

Just because someone puts on a swanky leather jacket and smiles like the pope on camera, this is the public face marketing want you to see, the reality is a cut throat management team with no morals or care for anything other than bottom line and it surprises me anyone is surprised by Nvidia taking this action they haver done it for years, Hardware unboxed and Linus should be commended for standing up and pushing back.

Im neither Green or Red camp, I got a 3090FE because it's what i could get my hands on, my only regret about the purchase is I sent the signal I support not condone Nvidia and it's business, unfortunately I had a choice... That or no GPU.

*Edit* Cyberpunk 2077 while I find the game lacking in many regards and the Hype train for it was real. Anyone posting still screen shot's and taking issues with DLSS or Raytracing need to get a life. It looks utterly amazing and beautiful while keeping on the 3090 at least 80fps on max all settings, and while playing the game none of the problems people like to post about blurring etc matters or is of consequence.

And this from someone pre 3090 who couldn't give a fig about RTX or DLSS 2.0, I stand corrected its immense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom