*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Quick question, I want to do a non-lethal play through, at some point you get an eye implant which you can attach mods to, one such mod turns all your guns non-lethal does anyone have any idea of how to get this early on?
The place where you pick up your gun after you’ve had your first sleep? Or the streetfight guy near to that? I’ve picked up mods from boxes but I know I also bought some from the streetfight guy. Perhaps the the gun seller has what you want.
I’m trying to think of places you might have got it on the past run through.

Associate
The place where you pick up your gun after you’ve had your first sleep? Or the streetfight guy near to that? I’ve picked up mods from boxes but I know I also bought some from the streetfight guy. Perhaps the the gun seller has what you want.
I’m trying to think of places you might have got it on the past run through.

I'll backtrack and try those, you'd think that the ripperdocs would sell them but none so far I've tried do. I could have sworn that you easily get one somewhere because it aids in having a non leathal play through, which the devs explicitly wanted to allow and confirmed you could do, so it would make sense to give the player this early on, and that's certainly the case for a number of people I've spoken to. But just don't know where you get it, ahh it's so frustrating.

Quickly tested this and the brawler guy sells melee weapons and melee weapon mods, and the gun store owner sells guns and gun mods.

Caporegime
I have been absent from PC gaming for months and months but thankfully, this has got me back playing. Racked up over 24 hours so far and loving this game. Story is fantastic but does take a bit to get going. A few screens from my 3440x1440 play time.

Soldato
Quick question, I want to do a non-lethal play through, at some point you get an eye implant which you can attach mods to, one such mod turns all your guns non-lethal does anyone have any idea of how to get this early on?
You wont be able to do a non-lethal (pacifist) playthrough in its current state. You literally have to kill a bunch of guys very early on in the story, and the AI is just not made for it (unlike in Dues Ex)

Associate
How is everyone playing this? I was using a M and KB for sofa gaming but seeing as it's not really a fast FPS think I'm moving to controller to sit back and relax!

Associate
You wont be able to do a non-lethal (pacifist) playthrough in its current state. You literally have to kill a bunch of guys very early on in the story, and the AI is just not made for it (unlike in Dues Ex)

Yeah I mean my first play through I got all the way through act 1 and through the interval so I do know there is essentially killing that you're forced into and accepted that was inevitable and made my peace with that, but in the missions where I have control I want to sneak and use non lethal which actually works really well although it's hard, for example in the flathead mission where you have to get out the factory and everyone is alerted I managed to get through the entire mission without being spotted, just using non leathal takedowns and hiding bodies which is what I find very fun.

It's just for those moments when you're in cutscenes and the game forces you into combat you have to stand your ground, in which case I need something decent non-leathal. I might just give up on the eye upgrade for now and brawl Dum Dum with fists or something you can do a lot of damage quickly like that, I just hope it doesn't kill him.

Soldato
As for the game itself, I think people who are expecting a full on RPG where you can interact with every single possible thing and have 20 minutes of waffling random choice dialogue with every NPC you encounter will be disappointed as it is more of an action/adventure game with RPG elements.

Yeah, it seems fairly linear to me so far (only on 6.5 hours play) but I think the world is fantastic. I think people were maybe expecting a bit too much in terms of the level of interaction with the world and NPCs, CP2077 is a lot like any other RPG / action/adventure game you've ever played when you get to the heart of it.

EDIT - What type of builds are people doing? I'm just going guns blazing so putting a lot into body and reflexes. Hacking? What's that?

Soldato
I i cant seem to show the fps counter when i launch the actual game.

When i click play on the steam library for the game it shows this screen first that clearly shows the fps counter

But it doesnt show it as soon as i click play and launch and play the game

Associate
I'll backtrack and try those, you'd think that the ripperdocs would sell them but none so far I've tried do. I could have sworn that you easily get one somewhere because it aids in having a non leathal play through, which the devs explicitly wanted to allow and confirmed you could do, so it would make sense to give the player this early on, and that's certainly the case for a number of people I've spoken to. But just don't know where you get it, ahh it's so frustrating.

Quickly tested this and the brawler guy sells melee weapons and melee weapon mods, and the gun store owner sells guns and gun mods.
:(

If I see it I’ll let you know.

Soldato
1080p ULTRA I get 50 to 60fps inside, outside is usually 30 to 40. It seems to dip to 25 for a brief second when loading into large areas but overall it is fine.

Got similar results to you but g sync 1440 still felt fine - I just can't enable all the new fancy options like obviously ray tracing. And I am not fussed about this , this game was the one that might have forced my hand to update my CPU and GPU - guess not, I mean would be nice to play with all the fancy new extras at a rock solid 60fps at 1440p everywhere in the game, but with g sync and my 980ti, I honestly played the game for hours and not once felt like it was unplayable - well there are a few glitches and bugs in the game, but thats not my GPU or CPU - for all the moaning out there on the net, I expected much worse . Came out quite surprised and pleasant experience truth told

Associate
I picked up a mod during the mission to get the girl out the tub. It isn’t the one you are looking for, but if the mod you get is random then that may be where you got it.

Associate
I picked up a mod during the mission to get the girl out the tub. It isn’t the one you are looking for, but if the mod you get is random then that may be where you got it.

I'm starting to think that this might be the case and me and a few friends just randomly happened to get the same mod from in a mission somewhere. I also wonder if it's something that's in your cache in your apartment at the start of the game, but I cba to do another complete restart again and I don't have any saves to go back that far and check.

Associate
Yeah I mean my first play through I got all the way through act 1 and through the interval so I do know there is essentially killing that you're forced into and accepted that was inevitable and made my peace with that, but in the missions where I have control I want to sneak and use non lethal which actually works really well although it's hard, for example in the flathead mission where you have to get out the factory and everyone is alerted I managed to get through the entire mission without being spotted, just using non leathal takedowns and hiding bodies which is what I find very fun.

It's just for those moments when you're in cutscenes and the game forces you into combat you have to stand your ground, in which case I need something decent non-leathal. I might just give up on the eye upgrade for now and brawl Dum Dum with fists or something you can do a lot of damage quickly like that, I just hope it doesn't kill him.
Gun guy sells a mod called Pax - renders your weapon non-lethal allowing you to damage your enemies without killing them. Also increases dmg. Not the eye upgrade I know, but seemed relevant to what you want to do regarding early game.

Back
Top Bottom