• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow, Nvidia have banned Hardware Unboxed from receiving review samples...

Permabanned
Yeah, just make wild unsubstantiated claims. That's just fine. I'm not invested in either side of this. If you'd read the sig there's a 3070 in my rig...

That the letter Nvidia sent HU is full of untruths is obvious. With a subtle hint of mafia protection racket.

They don't need your help to clear up their reputation. They're making a perfectly good job of screwing it all up by themselves. I've got no time for fanbois.

What unsubstantiated claim(s)? Where are you getting fanboy from?

Associate
I really have to feel for Hardware Unboxed for this. I enjoy the content they put out, despite not always agreeing with the conclusions they present. I don't consider myself an AMD/Intel/Nvidia fan boy and in general have always thought they provided good, balanced reviews and commentary. Nice bar charts too!

It all comes over very petty and personal from Nvidia. If they had simply not wanted to seed cards to them they should have ghosted them and not addressed it. Instead they create bad PR for themselves. If I recall correctly Hardware Unboxed have been ghosted by manufacturers before. I'm glad to see they don't feel it will have a big impact on the content they produce. It surely will have some effect though. Nvidia FE cards getting their own review release day ahead of AIB's going forward would be a disadvantage for Hardware Unboxed. Reviewers who receive equipment are in a privileged position and of course any manufacturer has the right to choose who they send review units to. You would think that with Nividia facing more competition from AMD they should be trying to build bridges not destroy them. It's pleasing to the see support Hardware Unboxed has received from Linus, Jay, Gamers Nexus, etc.

This shouldn't even be a thing. If it were not for the shortages the RTX3000 series would be receiving near universal praise.

Permabanned
You're calling me out for waving my pitchfork around defending HU, on the basis of clarifying that Nvidia don't play well with the rest of the hardware sector.

The number of people, not just here, and content creators jumping to defend HU is very much a mob culture. I've noticed this since we got close to RDNA2's release. Comments such as RIP Nvidia or Intel down, Nvidia next. This appears to have carried on in to this incident in an attempt to slay the dragon known as Nvidia. I'll admit it's an attractive mob, but common sense has to prevail. Nvidia have simply done the same as any other manufacturer would. HU made some mistakes, sadly.

I'm not seeing any balance in your other replies.

I've said AMD have done a great job with RNDA2. Personaly, I'd prefer to be using AMD kit as I prefer the open standards they premote. I really don't go for brand loyalty. What ever has the best balance of performance/feature set. I'll grab an Ryzen 5900/5950x next when they are available. Great CPUs, while Intels security issues worry me.

Soldato
This shouldn't even be a thing. If it were not for the shortages the RTX3000 series would be receiving near universal praise.

Nail on the head. Nvidia faced with an open shot on goal then shot themselves in the foot by screwing up their own vertically integrated supply and sales channel.

It's within their right to withhold pre-launch supply to the press, but they got cocky with this bellowing from the rooftops stunt and just shot themselves again in the other foot.

Soldato
The number of people, not just here, and content creators jumping to defend HU is very much a mob culture. I've noticed this since we got close to RDNA2's release. Comments such as RIP Nvidia or Intel down, Nvidia next. This appears to have carried on in to this incident in an attempt to slay the dragon known as Nvidia. I'll admit it's an attractive mob, but common sense has to prevail. Nvidia have simply done the same as any other manufacturer would. HU made some mistakes, sadly.

Again, that wasn't me. So don't go saying I'm waving my flaming pitchfork around as part of a Simpsons style mob.

Soldato
I don’t think Nvidia needs your help in defending them. They are fully capable of counter espionage. And also they are fully capable of disinformation also.

All you are doing is self-interest. You pretend not to be a fanboy but you have clearly bought into Nvidia marketing hype and paid substantial amount of money for a piece of hardware for a single game that can’t even run 4K with ultra and RT on at 60fps average. You are just trying to justify to your self your purchase choice while trying to shove your delusion to everyone else.

everyone replied have given you facts and truth. Which you ignored by saying “I can’t be bothered to go through the fact (facts stand for HU’s review history which shows they do not have any bias towards amd or Nvidia )” and therefore consider nvidia behaviour acceptable which it isnt. or by contrasting Nvidia cooperate behaviours with “AMD does this and that” which has nothing to do with the subject matter of this thread. Or performance reviews should be 100% RT based which is hugely biased as many people have pointed out to you that 99% current games do not have RT. And completely ignoring the financial link between CDPR and Nvidia. (It might as well be Nvidia producing the game). You accept that Nvidia bullying HU is ok by saying HU are the bad ones. That is misinformation. Even when that is shown to you to be untrue, you have failed to accept either your ignorance or your mistake and have persisted down this road of trolling everyone else.

As others pointed out, you have a history of this. So welcome to the ignore list

I did the same earlier today the Amd thread is a lot cleaner now.

Caporegime

Nvidia used Hardware Unboxed DLSS review to market their products and then told him he can't have any more reference review cards because he didn't do enough DLSS content.

You're argument is the same as Nvdia's, utterly ridiculous and tone death.

"Its just a mindless mob" get a grip....

Soldato

I did the same earlier today the Amd thread is a lot cleaner now.
Got no time for trolls. He clearly is just trolling to get a kick out of it. Got zero argument. Doesn’t care for facts. Calling other presenting facts dishing out misinformation where he s happy to manipulate facts to his own end.

when he can’t argue with facts in front of him, resulting in insults and name calling.

Standard troll behaviour.

shameful really.

Permabanned
Nvidia used Hardware Unboxed DLSS review to market their products and then told him he can't have any more reference review cards because he didn't do enough DLSS content.

You're argument is the same as Nvdia's, utterly ridiculous and tone death.

"Its just a mindless mob" get a grip....

It's how business works.

Soldato
Short memories here. Remember when AMD did the same before the Fury Nano launch? They Banned certain sites from getting review samples because they weren't following AMD's review guidelines. AMD said that the Reviews had to be Fair. I think HardOCP and TechPowerUP were two sites that were banned.

Associate
Just like every other AMD fanboy or simply person who hasnt tried it themselves and likes to post their useless opinion on matters they dont have first hand experience on, except they wont stand corrected no matter what.

Now that ‘you’ve seen the light’ in person you can tell how annoying it is to listen to the ‘clueless’ on the other side ******** on what is actually amazing tech because their favorite brand fails at it.
It's funny I was just reading through this thread thinking "Im going to post a thank to everyone for such an interesting read" Then you had to go be that guy didn't you.
Cherry pick and take out of context what you want to further your Green glass agenda. If you bothered to read anything I ever wrote on these forums let alone that post you have bastardised for your own agenda you would clearly see I am nothing of an AMD fan boy in the slightest, or Nvidia they are both tech giants who want to screw as much cash outta my wallet as possible and give zero hoots about me or who I am as a customer.

I owned a RTX20 series as well, not because I love Nvidia or enjoyed the artificially hiked prices with no reason other than Jensen's shareholders, DLSS was used exactly zero in 2 years and RTX I tired once with utterly rubbish performance and truth be told Ampere while now usable is not singing and dancing when using RTX and by the time there are enough games that take advantage of the tech Ampere will be too aged to run them with all the bells and whistles.

As demonstrated it's not me that needs to see the light, or perhaps you already did and why you seem to be preaching like a religious cult?

Associate
AMD have been on the wrong side of fair at times, but nothing like this or what Intel regularly pulls and lets hope they dont drift to the dark side as they may do as they gain the top spot on the table for everything (and its coming)

But Nvidia, wow what a flipping stupid thing to do. Dictate to the tech press what to do? Did they really not think what the consequence's of this would be?
They must be as thick as Intel marketing people.... and we all know how bad they are now.

Associate
It pretty much requires DLSS to be on to get meaningful frame rates. Unless you are buying 3080 or above, performance sucks. It is NOT ready.
Im on a 3090 and I can tell you RTX without DLSS is not an option, it does look amazing granted in Cyberpunk2077 (RTX+DLSS 2.0) that said there are still compromises in visual fidelity if you look really hard for it while playing and i'm not running 144hmz which I do normally and while 80FPS is enough you can tell the slow down from 144, it's just fortunate an RPG with the occasional action moment gets great value from the lower fps.

Again during normal gameplay the visual fidelity drops aren't noticeable but of you stop and really look around you can see it. I stand by what I said earlier im converted it's going to be the future for sure, just another card gen or two before it's real outside spending £1500 on a gpu.

Back
Top Bottom