*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Rom

Rom

Associate
I grabbed this on a whim, to showcase my new system I built.

So far, Ive had only 2 issues. An NPC glitched into a bin, and some items I just cant pick up (just junk). Overall, Im enjoying it so far. Still getting to grips with the skill sytem etc.

Performance wise, 1440p, everything maxed (reflections Ultra not Psycho) no DLSS currently. Sit around 75 fps in the city

Associate
I am ;)

everything maxed out + 2 psycho modes enabled 3440x1440 ultrawide DLSS at balanced - 55-85fps Gsync
game looks and plays butter smooth......

using my 44k oled same settings only change DLSS - Ultra performance as 4k with dlss upscales to 8k - 64-95fps
and may i say the game looks even better on my oled due to the fact i can also enable HDR...

CPU does not even break a sweat sitting around 49c when playing @5.1-5.2 core speeds.
and GPU well its pegged @2000-2100ghz overclocked. :)
Thank you :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the same CPU. Currently running the game set to 1440p with DLSS in quality mode( 2080ti). A mix of medium and high settings. RTX reflection on and lighting RTXmedium.

Getting 50-60fps for the most part it seems and it still looks great.

My CPU with the settings above is hitting around 70% in places. Normally it chills around 30% in games at 4k.

Could this be the time to get a new CPU? Will be on the lookout for benchmarks. Thing is most CPU benchmarks do it at 1080p to show the difference.

Would be interesting to see what the CPU load would be if the game was at 4K 60fps.

you can find benchmarks at 1440p, If I see 95% CPU usage on the most demanding places surely its struggling regardless of GPU I know I cant expect high 1440p 60fps+ on 5700xt , for you its fine the GPU is good enough for me its CPU/Board and GPU and with current stock issues and price hikes probably best to let the dust settle

Soldato
Got this damn problem with Dum Dum following me around. Not only that but he's actually contributing to fights which is actually ruining the game rather than just being a distraction. Really contemplating stopping play until this is fixed.

Soldato
I'd like to revise my 9.5/10 after playing all day, the dead world is saddening, 8/10 tops now or 7.5 :(

Edit: Reading the reddits and all the cut or half done/arsed stuff, 5/10 now, seriously no bd's outside of the story and a really poor, dull, lifeless, empty city, it's beauty being skin deep is so true

Last edited:
Associate
This might be of interest to AMD users:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kbsywg/cyberpunk_2077_used_an_intel_c_compiler_which/

I thought this kind of **** ended years ago.

I agree with this poster that the fault actually doesn’t lie with Intel here. Just switched to AMD so please keep that in mind when looking for bias (I feel I’m enslaved to neither intel nor amd).

“It's not as bad as it seems. They essentially implemented a lazy way of checking whether or not their CPUs supported certain features (instruction sets) by looking at the model of the CPU. AMD added support for these instruction sets, but Intel didn't bother to change anything for a number of reasons:

• Back in the day, there were instances where certain non-Intel CPUs would claim to support an instruction but actually implemented it in software (granting compatibility at the cost of speed). These software implementations were so slow that customers complained. Intel rolled their eyes and decided to go with what they have now; only supporting their hardware with their compiler
  • Intel's compiler is hardly the only C++ compiler on the market, so as a developer, it's up to you to decide whether it makes sense or not to use it. If you're making enterprise software that's running on servers with the right hardware, I++ can make sense, but if you're making a game there's plenty of other choices to use
  • There was already an FTC case over this, and they decided that while Intel isn't obligated to fully support AMD products (which comes at a dev and QA cost to Intel to support their competitor), they have to disclose that their compiler produces inferior code for non-Intel chips.
All in all, this really comes down to CDPR's choice of compiler; they could've used a different one.”

From user BurningCactusRage on Reddit.

Soldato
So, having fun in the game, just walking around and doing some side stuff when as where they popping up. Had one earlier, one of those mini bosses kind and when it was all done and I was grabbing all loot I found this one which I could not seem to find a way to. Sneaky of CDPR, unless it glitched there of course. :p

y37Ax4d.jpg

At the same location I almost missed this one, a nice shotgun (although I'm only lvl 9 so can't use it yet) and a nice amount of cash. Was just pure luck considering it's location.

hwe07OK.jpg

On another note, had my one and only 'glitch' yesterday. I was where the quest line are solid, tried to jump up to a roof and ended up at the end of the dotted line ! :D :eek: :p

oS9mjO1.jpg

Somehow I 'jumped' to a place I was not suppose to be at. I walked to where the lights are but once I got there it was an invisible wall in the way so could not get back into the game. I think I somehow ended up in a building which has no access, but only a guess.

7oX17Rr.jpg

==

Got a question as well, to get the best usage out of weapons, should you look at the DPS or the actually 'Damage' ?? Mostly wondering for the gun, since I try to sneak and doing head shoots (still working on getting the perks up to full though, so there is that too). So, of the two below, which one would be best ?

LoSAPAO.jpg

For assault rifle and submachines I take it is the DPS that is the important number ? Just guessing though. :confused:

Associate
I got an extra 10 to 15 fps with this. Thank you! 3080 and 5600x
This mirrors what the poster on Reddit said. Not too shabby at all. Another mentioned a decent increase in minimums.

Edit - patching as described in the Reddit posts above may cause a performance drop if your CPU has 2 CCXs. Something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
Associate
Everytime I find an hour or two between the wife, work and kids to actually play this game it is guaranteed to crash.
Yes I can work around the resume last checkpoint crashes by loading a later save but I just can't be bothered so just end up turning my PC off. Really putting me off playing it.
Glad I only paid £20 or I'd be refunding right about now.

Back
Top Bottom