*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Given up on this for now. Runs just about acceptably but it seems to have gotten even jankier following the patch. Now V's arms are stuck out in front of him like a t-rex during every scripted scene and his clothes won't render so I'm walking around like some exhibitionist pervert in a tactical rig. I can overlook the odd NPC bugging out and stuff but it's just aggravating trying to get through the story in its current state.

Soldato
I've got a suped up Overture revolver with a silencer and that's got high damage but low DPS. If you're accurate I'd stick with higher damage, if not DPS will be better.
Thanks, appreciate your reply and will do so. :D Hope I find that revolver you found one day as well ! :p

Edit: Might actually have it already. Is it this one in the spoiler ?

nvTtPCZ.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The city is so pointless :( it just lacks any immersion. Makes me so sad. There is virtually zero point getting out your car between missions, other than to do jobs.

The actual city is dead. Can’t go in any buildings other than the ones they want/need you to go in. Vendors that look like they sell stuff are virtually all pointless and don’t sell anything. The AI couldn’t feel less immersive.

The game is good but the open world bit just feels like a waste of time

Associate
My advice to a lot of you is save often. Hit escape and do a main save every 30m or so, or when significant events happen such as ending quests successfully or before starting new ones. And then use quick-save liberally, that way any serious bugs you do encounter can be worked around with minimal fuss.

Overall in about 30 hours of play I've seen a whole bunch of different bugs but none of them game breaking or very substantial quite frankly, it's a very large and complex game with lots of different interacting mechanics so bugs are somewhat inevitable for release. Bugs always stand out when you encouter them but considering the length of time I already have in the game and the complexity of the game on balance it seems pretty reasonable. I suspect I may have also been lucky so far however.

What bothers me a lot more is they've clearly aimed at making an RPG or lite RPG in the same vein as fallout where missions can be tackled in different ways, you see this a lot in game where you get options that are only open to people who have spec'd deeply into one attribute, such as forcing open a door with high Body attribute, or unlocking locked doors with high Technical ability. But annoyingly despite this the game is so extremely focused on gunplay and killing where as classically in games with RPG elements you'd have more lateral choice, sneaking, charismatic dialgoue options, intelligent ways to subvert etc. Notably the game is well built and well suited for stealth, taking people out sneakily using non lethal force, hiding bodies, planning out your route and doing all that cool stuff. But about 90% of the perks aim at improving the ability to shoot people in the face, even in the Cool attribute there's next to no non-lethal options, it's all about crit damage from stealth which is just another way of shooting people in the face. Same can be said for most of the implants. The only other way to get more interesting stealth abilities is ancillary benefits through hacking.

As for the nature of the open world, it's impressive to start with but you do quickly start to learn such a large and detailed world is kind of shallow in some sense, and it has to be because adding an RPG amount of detail to essentially a GTA style open world would be an impossible ask. The more I play the game the more I realize that it's really more about the story. I started the game just following the main story all the way through act 1 and the interval and those hours were extremely well crafted, tight, extremely enjoyable, polished to a mirror shine and crammed with unique detail. The world was kind of believable, all the bustle of the people was kind of background noise and was serviceable when you're more focused on the plot, the main characters and their dialogue. It wasn't until I restarted the game to re-spec my character and make some different choices did I really start venturing out into the city to do all the side tasks. And while that's fun enough, that's when it starts feeling like an Ubisoft game where you're climbing 200 towers.

I think what I'll do is go back to the primary story line for now and progress with that because that's where the game really seriously shines and quite frankly is in a league of its own. The detail of the characters, the motion capture NPCS, unique and believable dialogue, the complex and twisting story ARE the game for me, and I realised that it's just a lot better than grinding money and components to make my gear a few points higher when it almost doesn't matter.

Soldato
16 hours in couple of graphical bugs that disappear within seconds, no more loading crashes, can't say the patch gave me any more performance, really enjoying this, looks incredible story is great, I can't honestly find any issues people are moaning about.

Getting out my car down a back alley full of cyberpunk degenerates bathed in neon lights and smoke couldn't get more emersive.

Associate
About 12 hours in now - best game in Ive played in a long time.

The bugs/glitches are real - once these get sorted it will be a true masterpiece.

No issues with performance for me - maxxed out @ 1440p - best looking game on PC bar none.

Soldato
This might be of interest to AMD users:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kbsywg/cyberpunk_2077_used_an_intel_c_compiler_which/

I thought this kind of **** ended years ago.

I am ;)

everything maxed out + 2 psycho modes enabled 3440x1440 ultrawide DLSS at balanced - 55-85fps Gsync
game looks and plays butter smooth......

using my 44k oled same settings only change DLSS - Ultra performance as 4k with dlss upscales to 8k - 64-95fps
and may i say the game looks even better on my oled due to the fact i can also enable HDR...

CPU does not even break a sweat sitting around 49c when playing @5.1-5.2 core speeds.
and GPU well its pegged @2000-2100ghz overclocked. :)

^ AMD user is having no problems :)

Soldato
No, it’s when you walking along some have a yellow arrow above them, some have a little box with bullets in them and I saw one today with a box with a red skull in it.

@Andr3w - you were right, it's related to bounties. Don't know if the different icons are related to the crimes they've committed. When you scan the people it tells you they are wanted.

@sirp

Soldato
Got another few hours in today - Think this game is going to take hours to get through :p

It's a difficult one to choose a spot to save and exit :p

Soldato
Anyone managed to complete the Pyscho Killer missions? Have 16/17 done but can't find any more

Are they difficult? Haven’t tried them yet as was put off by the ‘high risk’ warnings.

Got another few hours in today - Think this game is going to take hours to get through :p

It's a difficult one to choose a spot to save and exit :p

Good thing we can save anywhere outside combat.

Associate
My advice to a lot of you is save often. Hit escape and do a main save every 30m or so, or when significant events happen such as ending quests successfully or before starting new ones. And then use quick-save liberally, that way any serious bugs you do encounter can be worked around with minimal fuss.

Overall in about 30 hours of play I've seen a whole bunch of different bugs but none of them game breaking or very substantial quite frankly, it's a very large and complex game with lots of different interacting mechanics so bugs are somewhat inevitable for release. Bugs always stand out when you encouter them but considering the length of time I already have in the game and the complexity of the game on balance it seems pretty reasonable. I suspect I may have also been lucky so far however.

What bothers me a lot more is they've clearly aimed at making an RPG or lite RPG in the same vein as fallout where missions can be tackled in different ways, you see this a lot in game where you get options that are only open to people who have spec'd deeply into one attribute, such as forcing open a door with high Body attribute, or unlocking locked doors with high Technical ability. But annoyingly despite this the game is so extremely focused on gunplay and killing where as classically in games with RPG elements you'd have more lateral choice, sneaking, charismatic dialgoue options, intelligent ways to subvert etc. Notably the game is well built and well suited for stealth, taking people out sneakily using non lethal force, hiding bodies, planning out your route and doing all that cool stuff. But about 90% of the perks aim at improving the ability to shoot people in the face, even in the Cool attribute there's next to no non-lethal options, it's all about crit damage from stealth which is just another way of shooting people in the face. Same can be said for most of the implants. The only other way to get more interesting stealth abilities is ancillary benefits through hacking.

As for the nature of the open world, it's impressive to start with but you do quickly start to learn such a large and detailed world is kind of shallow in some sense, and it has to be because adding an RPG amount of detail to essentially a GTA style open world would be an impossible ask. The more I play the game the more I realize that it's really more about the story. I started the game just following the main story all the way through act 1 and the interval and those hours were extremely well crafted, tight, extremely enjoyable, polished to a mirror shine and crammed with unique detail. The world was kind of believable, all the bustle of the people was kind of background noise and was serviceable when you're more focused on the plot, the main characters and their dialogue. It wasn't until I restarted the game to re-spec my character and make some different choices did I really start venturing out into the city to do all the side tasks. And while that's fun enough, that's when it starts feeling like an Ubisoft game where you're climbing 200 towers.

I think what I'll do is go back to the primary story line for now and progress with that because that's where the game really seriously shines and quite frankly is in a league of its own. The detail of the characters, the motion capture NPCS, unique and believable dialogue, the complex and twisting story ARE the game for me, and I realised that it's just a lot better than grinding money and components to make my gear a few points higher when it almost doesn't matter.

I agree with everything you said.

I thought I'd spend 100's of hours on this game but I think I'll only play the main story a couple of times, do some side missions and forget about exploration, crafting, clearing the map etc.

It's such a shame, really.

Soldato
That's awesome news for amd users.

I'm starting to agree with frosty about the open world missions being pretty generic, which is disappointing.

Soldato
Anyone know how to switch firing mods? Looks like some weapons have a burst fire or full auto mode.

also what do the numbers mean next to the icons on the map? Keep seeing the number 2 pop up next to the icons like loot drop, side missions etc.

Soldato
Was just about to post the HxD post. Took me long enough to find it, I wasn't looking for Hex initially.

In regards to modding, we can extract models so far as well as audio files, which are the .bin format currently (Not the models, they are .mesh)

Back
Top Bottom