The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
I couldn't find complete season 1 for less than about £30 on bluray.

I paid £40 for complete season 1 + 2, and I think the one box is more pleasing than 4 cases/parts or w/e.

I need to sell the parts at some point but should get back most of the £15 they cost me.

Associate
Associate
well so far in the 12 day xmas sale i've ordered the following:

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory: Blu-ray + Audio Dramas Collector's Edition
Planetes - Blu-ray Collector's Edition
Cyber City Oedo 808 - Blu-ray+CD Soundtrack Collector's Edition
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: Part 1 - Blu-ray
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: Part 2 - Blu-ray
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ: Part 1 - Blu-ray
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ: Part 2 - Blu-ray

now just waiting on K: season 1 as just prior to the xmas sale ata reduced k: season 2 and the movie so i also bought both of them then.

plus also the Blu-ray mystery box off AOL(MVM)

Soldato
Good list there, not seen them but I know of them by reputation. I have a rule I try and follow which is to only buy stuff I've enjoyed enough to buy (and is actually available here in the UK).

This is primarily my way of showing support to the creators of my favorite shows I guess.

My collection itself would probably just sit in the boxes but that's fine, I prefer to play from my digital collection on my NAS.

Soldato
Gate sounded interesting but at the same time I understand the actual fighting parts in it are a bit one sided in favour of the current modern day military of Japan.

It's something I may get around to trying but need to check out log horizon before it.

Commissario
OP
I received my MVM mystery bundle a few minutes ago, as usually with MVM there are a couple of titles I've been interested in but not yet got.

Dai Shogun
Devils and realist
The Familiar of Zero season 1 (I've already got this, IIRC from their 2018 summer box).
Land of the Lustrous
Vatican miracle examiner (I've already got this one)
It's a good bundle I think, but unlucky in that I've got two of them.

Associate
I reckon I have spend quite bit between nov30 and yesterday, as i also bought the LOTR and Hobbits 4k steelbooks, but I did manage to get a bargain on the AOL(mvm) blu-ray mystery bundle got it for £29.99 instead of £39.99.

Soldato
Been about a week since my last watching update thing, find these help me order stuff in my head a little better as well.

Finished:
  • Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works - Finished this one, if you like Fate/Zero I'd say this is definitely worth a watch.
Continuing:
  • Kaguya Sama - Seen first 8 episodes of season 2, so 4 left to go. Continues the same level of quality as Season 1 does.
  • Hunter x Hunter - Seen first 50 episodes now. This has definitely picked up some for me in the last 10 episodes, quite enjoying seeing where it goes.
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero - Still enjoying this one, seen first 15 episodes now. Doing roughly an episode a day, may do more as I reach the end.
  • Violet Evergarden - Gearing to start Episode 10 soon. I'm loving the art/animation and the story is quite moving. My only complaint is that it's a bit too much on the soppy side of things.
  • Toradora! - Reddit rewatch is up to episode 8 now. This is a fun show and I'm glad I picked it up. Minorin Kushieda is such a great watch even though she's just a side character.
  • Attack on Titan - I'm slacking not seen ep 1 of season 4 yet. May as well wait until I can see it alongside ep 2 now :p
Planning to watch (short list - roughly in order probably. Bold = starting imminently):
  • Code Geass (I'll probably start this now that I've finished Fate)
  • Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (I'll probably start this when I finish VE)
  • Assassination Classroom
  • A Place Further Than the Universe
  • DARLING in the FRANXX
  • Log Horizon
  • The Future Diary
  • The Irregular at Magic High School
  • Girls' Last Tour
  • Isekai Quartet S1 (need to finish Shield Hero first I'll probably move this higher up when close to finishing)
  • Cautious Hero - The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious
Blurays:

Beyond my previous additions I've bought Death Note collection for £25 as it was a fav of mine from years and years ago, I've also got Gurren Lagann and Cowboy Bebop ordered. I grabbed AOT Season 1 as it was £20, will be on the lookout for the others.

Commissario
OP
just got a notice saying that "Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory: Blu-ray + Audio Dramas Collector's Edition" is on it way.
Awesome, although my order of it probably won't ship for a while as I placed it on day 12.

I've been watching Anonymous Noise on Screen anime and enjoying it (I missed that they'd put it out on blu-ray), the character designs remind me a lot of the original Fruits Basket (and something else, FMA?), but none of the key staff look like they worked on it.

Commissario
OP
Finished Anonymous Noise which was very enjoyable, and received my day 2 order from ATA (which has taken 6 days in the post for a 48 hour delivery).

I'm a bit of a fan of their new (temporary?) fulfilment companies method of packing the items, lots of blubblewrap and if more than a couple of bits put them in a large box with air bags :)
I'm hanging onto the boxes as I'm going to try and redecorate my hobby room in the new year, and they're a good size for holding a bunch of blu-rays :p (and as I'm out of proper storage for them in here at the moment, very handy).

Next up is probably going to be Sword Art Online Alicization, as I got part two of that through the other day, either that or possibly The Devil is a Part Timer which has been sat on the side since MVM did a Manga UK sale.

Back
Top Bottom