• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow, Nvidia have banned Hardware Unboxed from receiving review samples...

Soldato

Make no mistake, this is not just about Hardware Unboxed, they’re unfortunately the sacrificial lamb in NVIDIA’s message to all reviewers: get in line or get left behind. This is likely only the beginning of NVIDIA’s efforts to maintain control of the narrative in the newly competitive graphics market, and I personally fear for what is coming next.
https://adoredtv.com/the-way-its-me...-reviewers-who-stray-away-from-the-narrative/

It could be, I don't/haven't worked in the company so can't say for sure. I do work for a large utility company that everybody/the press hates. I've read so much inaccurate information about them that I've learnt to not judge on what I don't know. Undoubtedly nvidia is full of dedicated employees who enjoy what they do and want to make even better stuff in the future.

I'm expecting an apology from nvidia but the wheels will turn slow in such a large (perhaps old) organisation so lets see.
It cannot get any more toxic then this though. And some will now understand why some are cheering nvidia on and claiming they will continue to buy their products. They, imo, thrive off the drama and toxicity that nvidia brings to the market. Which is by all accounts morbid and myopic.

Last edited:
Soldato
Short memories here. Remember when AMD did the same before the Fury Nano launch? They Banned certain sites from getting review samples because they weren't following AMD's review guidelines. AMD said that the Reviews had to be Fair. I think HardOCP and TechPowerUP were two sites that were banned.

I remember AMD shafting Tech of Tomorrow too..

Associate
Oh come on...it is not like they have 4-5 choices and a lot of people are supporting the biggest villain.
There are two choices and if you like to play some particular games, there is only one choice atm. And the other villain does such a great job that you can't find his cards anywhere to buy them at a decent price.

Ok Nvidia is bad, worse than AMD by far, but enough is enough!

Soldato
Content creators around the globe appear to be uniting on this one. No level defense that will help nvidia actions this time around. That includes but not limited to:
-Blaming AMD
-How much 3000 series have sold
-How much one like RTX
-How slow some think the 6000 series is
-what you believe AMD did in the past
-How much you hate AMD
-How toxic you are that loves Nvidia for doing it
-How much faster you think the 3000 series is
-Etc
Which is all ROFL as it's not about you.
:D

Soldato
How will you know which performs best if reviewers only get test cards for favourable reviews?
It's important that reviews are varied and uninfluenced by the manufacturers.

If you don’t trust reviews and you can’t wait for real world anecdotal evidence to become available then you keep buying cards and sending them back if they don’t fit...just like my missus does with clothes in lockdown now there’s no changing rooms.

Soldato
I hope that HU post the email. As I am very curious as to what was said exactly.
Was it boiler plate response?
Was it crafted in a way that comes off as personal?
Or was it about their most recent review of RTX in CB2077?

Soldato
HEH :D

It was cringeworthy from the very start to see a company in such a good position punishing a reviewer for not sucking them off enough about raytracing.

At least now Nvidia can be downgraded from "literally hitler" to normal corporate evil again ;)

Back
Top Bottom