• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I ordered from ShopTo on 3rd December, but the order has vanished from my account overnight and the payment for it is just sitting in the 'account balance' field. I've opened a ticket with them, but I guess they've cancelled my preorder? Only console I've ever bought from them before was a PS4, so it's just weird that this order vanished :(

see my post a handful of pages back, same thing for me. They’ve cancelled it and charged me £20. They are still holding all my money. Horrible company. No way to contact them unless you raise a ticket which they ignore.

Associate
see my post a handful of pages back, same thing for me. They’ve cancelled it and charged me £20. They are still holding all my money. Horrible company. No way to contact them unless you raise a ticket which they ignore.
Hmm...not had any email from them at all apart from initial order confirmation. My page 404’d when making payment, wonder if that’s what they are using to justify cancelling order, but that’s deeply anti-consumer if so. They’re impossible to get hold of as well, and I don’t understand why they refund to an account balance rather than payment card (well, I do understand - they want to hold on to the cash). Just weird I’ve had no contact at all.

Soldato
Hmm...not had any email from them at all apart from initial order confirmation. My page 404’d when making payment, wonder if that’s what they are using to justify cancelling order, but that’s deeply anti-consumer if so. They’re impossible to get hold of as well, and I don’t understand why they refund to an account balance rather than payment card (well, I do understand - they want to hold on to the cash). Just weird I’ve had no contact at all.

I got a confirmation email, followed by order has reached the warehouse. Followed by a cancellation email from the accounts department saying I’ve ordered multiple. I hope they don’t refund to account. I have a dispute with PayPal. Just extra hassle now and 560 quid I didn’t need tied up at Christmas.

Associate
Sounds like I’m a couple of steps behind you in their ‘process’ then. I’ll give them Monday to respond (in any form), but may then raise a chargeback with credit card company rather than go through their ridiculous ticket system. Not sure exactly how legal it is for them to refund to an account balance rather than to payment method - they haven’t provided the goods requested, so surely they don’t have a right to the funds? Agree, 560 quid on hold at Christmas is a major kick in the pants.

Soldato
Why are they not just letting people preorder, if I wanted one of just want to go on Amazon and order one, it would then arrive when they have stock.

Associate
Doesn’t matter to them, I guess - they’re interested in making money above all else. Just read through some reviews on Trustpilot, seems they are famed for poor customer service when things go wrong. Which is a shame as they seem to be cheaper than everyone else when things go right!

Soldato
A Friend managed to get a ps5 but me and my brother are still using our ps4 pros' and we are having issues with party chat. we can hear ourselves echo and we can hear his game even when his tv is muted (think sound is still coming out of the speaker on his controller)

He has tried everything possible to try and fix it but no luck.

Turned off 3d audio.
Turned the speaker on the controller to the lowest it will go.
Played around with various chat settings.
The mic mute button on the controller but that just mutes his headset aswel.
Got to be a setting he is missing.

Anyone else come across this issue and know of a fix?

Soldato
Interesting how the 70 quid price tag has plummeted on physical copies (digital still getting overpriced).

Demon souls etc can now be had for 50 quid. Hope this means future releases will be similar. Optimistic - probably.

Associate
Damn i'm feeling scammed by my mate who i've managed to get them a PS5 pre-order through game, i've placed my ordered before them but they got dispatch before me lol. Hopefully i'll get one this week or just before xmas eve.
Edit:
I don't mean i've been scammed literally.

Last edited:
Associate
How is that in any way a scam?? Hard done by maybe but scammed is totally the wrong word.

Why not keep the first one and let him wait for the other one?
I don't mean a literal scam, just more of confusion how they manage get a dispatch before me if we was to go by timing of order placed.
I'm happy for them to get theirs and I don't have problem waiting still. It's more of play of word and confused of the situation and now I wonder how Game are processing the orders if they are going by time of order placed or by address or by name.
We both picked the insured/priority delivery and the same bundle.

Soldato
Hypothetical question. If a big retailer messed up and you ended up not paying for your PS5, would you notify them or wait and see if they realise their error.

Back
Top Bottom