** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
Supply slowly catching up...
Yes, moved from 433 to 427th place in the queue this week. And when I think I trusted OCUK so much that I cancelled another 3080 card that I ordered on 17th as well from Germany... Seeing the deliveries in UK - OCUK is performing very poorly. That bold statement in the beginning that they are a valued nvidia partner, etc. - doesn't seem very real.

Associate
16th for the 2nd week but thanks as you saved the gpu from being fried by my ex pouring a bottle of wine into my brand new build..... dodged a bullet there lol

Associate
I ordered a 3070 gaming trio 2 weeks ago and it came a few days ago must have been lucky
How do you find it? I installed one yesterday in my new build. All was fine except for that support bracket thing. I finally figured it out but they really need to provide a bit of advice somewhere.

Associate
How do you find it? I installed one yesterday in my new build. All was fine except for that support bracket thing. I finally figured it out but they really need to provide a bit of advice somewhere.

Mine came with a leaflet showing how to install the bracket though there wasn't a great amount of detail on it. Admittedly you could use a third hand to hold it in place properly whilst tightening the screws as I had to redo it once due to it not being quite close enough to the card once I let go to tighten the screws.
Would also have been nice to know you needed to use the screw you used for the gfx card for that too, instead of fitting that and then having to undo it again.
The card is running nice and quiet and has given me a noticeable upgrade in performance/fps over my MSI 1060 6GB. I was slightly surprised by the size of the card though, it's bloody huge!

Associate
Mine came with a leaflet showing how to install the bracket though there wasn't a great amount of detail on it. Admittedly you could use a third hand to hold it in place properly whilst tightening the screws as I had to redo it once due to it not being quite close enough to the card once I let go to tighten the screws.
Would also have been nice to know you needed to use the screw you used for the gfx card for that too, instead of fitting that and then having to undo it again.
The card is running nice and quiet and has given me a noticeable upgrade in performance/fps over my MSI 1060 6GB. I was slightly surprised by the size of the card though, it's bloody huge!
Huge? I nerarly did myself an injury getting it out of the box!
The little instruction leaflet does not hint that the bracket screws up over the card mount - the bracket illustrated certainly does not. Nor does it help that the text is so small that without proper reading glasses I read "use the screws which came with the case" as "with the CARD" and spent some time searching for non existent screws in the MSI box! I was also puzzled to find I ended up with one screw in my hand because one of the blanking plates is held in place only by the bracket over it.
Having said all of that, I haven't been able to do any heavy work with the card yet but it plays older 3440x1440 MMOs at ultra res with the fans barely turning (if at all). Overall first impressions are very good.

Associate
@Gibbo I noted your comment earlier in this thread regarding the fustrating practice of vendors introducing new RTX30x0 SKU variants given existing SKU back orders remain unfulfilled.

Certainly, introducing products like ASUS White Series 3080 seems at best indulgent given the back log of orders placed against existing 3080 SKU's. That said I guess it is inevitable new variants will emerge such as the muted increase in VRAM.

My question,as a ASUS3080 queue holder, is how will OcUK manage this, and suggest this is an opportunity for OcUK to get ahead of the issue, and reassure pre-order customers, with a policy that will allow existing queue holders first refusal on purchasing a new variant (assuming from same vendor).

The reason I think it is worth doing this is that you will allow customers to hold their queue place and avoid customers ,and OcUK, getting caught up in all the drama hedging their bets by placing a second order against the queue variant.

Given customer are at present looking to be in a queue for 3+ months I think it would benefit customer loyalty and confidence if such a policy could be proactively published.

Last edited:
Associate
Ouch... is that the reason she’s now your Ex? :D
She did it the night I moved out, killed 2x 1080s and dmamaged the case. The other pc survived, but shed thrown them onto the street outide the house. Police of course say no evidence of criminal damage...........suprise!

Soldato
Not really paid much attention to the these cards since release but thought I'd check in and see things had settled, is it just me or have prices rocketed up from retailers? I understand scalpers putting a premium on them but I'm sure these have gone up by several hundred quid brand new also...

Associate
Not really paid much attention to the these cards since release but thought I'd check in and see things had settled, is it just me or have prices rocketed up from retailers? I understand scalpers putting a premium on them but I'm sure these have gone up by several hundred quid brand new also...

Same thing happened during the bitcoin mining craze. The question is; are manufacturers charging more or are stores adding cost on top of rrp?

Associate
Same thing happened during the bitcoin mining craze. The question is; are manufacturers charging more or are stores adding cost on top of rrp?

If you are assuming RRP is what the original founders edition cards were sold at then I think you are likely to be disappointed. I won't say that the founders edition was a loss-leader but it was clearly built/sold at the absolute minimum price that nVidia/AMD could manage as they make the bulk of their money selling the components to other manufacturers. The partner boards are flashier and faster that the FE cards and their manufacturers probably expect/need a higher margin to make a reasonable profit.

Associate
If you are assuming RRP is what the original founders edition cards were sold at then I think you are likely to be disappointed. I won't say that the founders edition was a loss-leader but it was clearly built/sold at the absolute minimum price that nVidia/AMD could manage as they make the bulk of their money selling the components to other manufacturers. The partner boards are flashier and faster that the FE cards and their manufacturers probably expect/need a higher margin to make a reasonable profit.

Of course, you'd expect some price discrepancy, but up to £200 seems excessive

Associate
Of course, you'd expect some price discrepancy, but up to £200 seems excessive
Well, the original 3080FE was about £650. My price tracker show models of partner cards running from £650 (ASUS TUF GAMING) to £950 for a Gigabyte Eagle OC (these are all last prices offered). Most of the cards are in the £700 to £825 range depending on extra features such as oveclocking. I don't find these prices surprising or, to be honest, too excessive considering the market for the more extreme overclocked versions is probably rather small. Just for fun I checked the prices for the 2080Ti which are generally in the £1100 to £1200 range, which does seem a little odd. However, it is all moot as none of these cards appear to be in stock anywhere.

Associate
Is there still no word on the PNY XLR8 3070s, I'm 14th in the queue atm was hoping to see it arrive before xmas, pre ordered over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything about them. Any news would be appreciated, thanks.

Associate
Well, the original 3080FE was about £650. My price tracker show models of partner cards running from £650 (ASUS TUF GAMING) to £950 for a Gigabyte Eagle OC (these are all last prices offered). Most of the cards are in the £700 to £825 range depending on extra features such as oveclocking. I don't find these prices surprising or, to be honest, too excessive considering the market for the more extreme overclocked versions is probably rather small. Just for fun I checked the prices for the 2080Ti which are generally in the £1100 to £1200 range, which does seem a little odd. However, it is all moot as none of these cards appear to be in stock anywhere.

Still cheaper than scalper prices at least. When they restock that is

Associate
At 3 months on a pre-order (17 Sep 2020 15:28:00) I've given up, so requested refund. Least those waiting on a MSI Ventus 3080 will jump +1 in queue this Friday :)

Hopefully getting a refund is a smooth process.

Back
Top Bottom