*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
So DLSS balanced/quality does dull a bit of the sharpness compared to native in my testing. So along with turning off all the crap post processing (Film grain/Chromatic/DOF/Lens Flare) I've now stuck reshade on with some sharpening (AMD CAS filter) and it looks clean and detailed now.

Last edited:
Associate
Bleugh, tried to persevere with the crashing but I cannot take anymore. Asked for a refund - more to make a point than for the money.

Soldato
Bleugh, tried to persevere with the crashing but I cannot take anymore. Asked for a refund - more to make a point than for the money.

Shame would be frustrating no doubt! Whilst I've definitely had some odd bugs I've not had a single crash. Assume no overclocks etc to blame?

Associate
I had a bit of a lul where I was frustrated a bit with the game and skill trees and stuff but feeling a bit better about things today now that I managed to get non-lethal weapons sorted out.

One big problem is that if you want to stealth and be non-lethal you need a non-lethal mod for your gun, but you also ideally need a silencer so you're not taken out of stealth after 1 take down. No regular pistols have both a mod and a barrel attachment, they tend to have mod/scope or scope/barrel. I wanted to stealth around with a pistol and what I found which was a major game changer is the iconic/unique pistol in the penthouse on The Heist mission, it's on the bedside table, it's a blue pistol with 3 attachment slots (scope, barrel and mod) and does about 50 damage per shot. Along with some of the right perks in both cool and handguns can easily take down regular mobs in one shot to the head from stealth. And now that guns are back on the table it's opened up a lot more useful perks. Still many of the implants are kinda useless for stealth, but there are some great quickhacks which you can buy from the store in the starting district I would advise stopping by there.

Associate
Shame would be frustrating no doubt! Whilst I've definitely had some odd bugs I've not had a single crash. Assume no overclocks etc to blame?

I'm only crashing when loading saved games / last check points after dying. If I get into game its absolutely fine. Sometimes can get around it by loading a previous save and then loading the latest save, but sometimes not.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yup, there are bugs for sure but like you say they aren't game breaking to the point where you can't proceed or do certain things. It all works and runs as intended, really dont get what all the crying is about.

I feel sometimes people do it just to get a kick out of it.
There is definitely one guy who does. He keeps posting the same thing over and over. Lol.

Soldato
Just legit found the monowire in a garage as i took on a sidequest that was enroute back to the main quest. chuffed to bits, I never find legendary stuff :) reckon ive got this quite a few hours ahead of schedule as I'm only 7 hours in and about lvl 6

Soldato
Once you use perks like cold blooded, the silencer damage reduction doesn't matter at all, there is such a massive set of options with the perks. You just have to plan how you want to play it out, I like the fact doing things level up some skills, as it rewards choosing skills/perks that match your playstyle. I think the replay factor is going to be immense with this game
AHhh i didn't even consider that, i'll have to have a look at that tonight. Thank you! Was wondering how i could do a silent assassin style play with so much damage reduction.

Man of Honour
I'm only crashing when loading saved games / last check points after dying. If I get into game its absolutely fine. Sometimes can get around it by loading a previous save and then loading the latest save, but sometimes not.

Mine does weird stuff with the resolution when loading quick saves but it's sporadic and sometimes is fine. Just have to reload and it tends to work. I wonder if it's a different experience for people on different platforms. What launcher do you have it on? I remember assasins creed black flag on ubi store was a mess for me crashed all the time and consistently crashed after a cinematic cut scene that corrupted the save as well. Bought it on steam and it was absolutely fine.

Associate
AHhh i didn't even consider that, i'll have to have a look at that tonight. Thank you! Was wondering how i could do a silent assassin style play with so much damage reduction.

Also you want to stack a lot of +crit chance, you can get some from Agility tree for your specific gun you're using, and you can get a lot from the Cool tree as well. Also the guns come with a lot of variance in per shot damage, you don't really want to be spraying bullets everywhere from stealth but rather single tap to the head, so look for guns with high DPS but specifically those with high damage per shot and low rate of fire, some of the guns have really good damage output but but it all comes from rate of fire rather than individual bullet damage.

Associate
Also you want to stack a lot of +crit chance, you can get some from Agility tree for your specific gun you're using, and you can get a lot from the Cool tree as well. Also the guns come with a lot of variance in per shot damage, you don't really want to be spraying bullet everywhere from stealth but rather single tap to the head, so look for guns with high DPS but specifically those with high damage per shot and low rate of fire, some of the guns have really good damage output but but it all comes from rate of fire rather than individual bullet damage.

Bought it on GOG. Tried disabling overlay etc. I had a weird shimmering effect on the edges of objects on the 1 of my last loads. This meant I had to reload the game and BAM it crashes again.
Finally get into the game and die due to the 'overheating' stuff go to reload my check point and it crashes again.

Soldato
dunno when i saw unreal engine do this 9 years ago i was impressed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXyztq_0uM

you can test some of these on your system and see what unreal engine 4 has to offer:
https://ue4arch.com/demos/

and ue5 is even more impressive.

cyberpunk just feels like deus ex and gta combined. its a shame you cant go inside all the buildings and all the rooms in the buildings too. was hoping it was capable of such stuff even if just to find useless loot.
All recent videos are tech demos and thats it.
This was revolutionary in 1998

https://youtu.be/zqdeyseQAP4

Soldato
Whilst other devs dowgrade their games between E3 trailers and actual retail, CDPR seem to have remastered their own game before release :p

Retail does look better but wht at 2:20 in does the demo look so much better? Population is about x5 more with more people and the flying car(s)

Soldato
There is definitely one guy who does. He keeps posting the same thing over and over. Lol.

200.gif

Soldato
So DLSS balanced/quality does dull a bit of the sharpness compared to native in my testing. So along with turning off all the crap post processing (Film grain/Chromatic/DOF/Lens Flare) I've now stuck reshade on with some sharpening (AMD CAS filter) and it looks clean and detailed now.

Reshade looks amazing, are these your own settings? Mind sharing if they are? Contemplating using one on nexusmods but theirs so many already lol.

Soldato
Reshade looks amazing, are these your own settings? Mind sharing if they are? Contemplating using one on nexusmods but theirs so many already lol.

The only thing I have enabled in Reshade is AMD CAS sharpening setting at 1.5 strength. Everything else is game settings maxed out (including psycho settings and Raytracing), disabled all the post processing (Chromatic/lens flare/Depth of field and film grain) and running DLSS Balanced.

Soldato
The only thing I have enabled in Reshade is AMD CAS sharpening setting at 1.5 strength. Everything else is game settings maxed out (including psycho settings and Raytracing), disabled all the post processing (Chromatic/lens flare/Depth of field and film grain) and running DLSS Balanced.
brill im running the same settings as you in game, will try the reshade tonight and see how it looks. Thank you :D

Back
Top Bottom