• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Soldato
I think perhaps from what people are posting, I'm sounding a bit picky with regards frame rates and image quality. But I am a bit old school twitchy first person mouse player :D

Is there any way of sharpening up DLSS? So RTX is playable?

It's great what it does and everything, but to my eyes it looks a bit 'smudgy' in places.

Soldato
Tbf i had to reduce my overclock for cyberpunk, i got a few random crashes and after tweaking the overclock abit its been fine since. Think cyberpunk is just more sensitive to overclocks cos the old profile worked fine for all other games i played.

Soldato
Caporegime
I think perhaps from what people are posting, I'm sounding a bit picky with regards frame rates and image quality. But I am a bit old school twitchy first person mouse player :D

It's great what it does and everything, but to my eyes it looks a bit 'smudgy' in places.

If you play at 1080p, DLSS isn't going to do anything good for you I don't think
At 1440p use Quality
At 2160p use Quality

Turn off Film grain and Chromatic aberration.

Associate

Going below "quality" for me is not acceptable for the IQ hit you get. This is at 3440x1440.

Turning off chroma/grain/lens flare go a long way to cleaning up the image. I personally turn off DoF and Motion Blur as well but I can see why others like it.

Soldato
Funnily enough I've got all that guff turned off. Apart from film grain, which i think is done quite well in this game.
I'll have another play with settings this evening.

And yeah those geforce recommended do look a bit far fetched :rolleyes:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Tbf i had to reduce my overclock for cyberpunk, i got a few random crashes and after tweaking the overclock abit its been fine since. Think cyberpunk is just more sensitive to overclocks cos the old profile worked fine for all other games i played.

Probably to do with the amount of RT going on.

Had to do something similar with Control when maxing out the RT settings.

OC on my 2080Ti was solid as a rock in everything except Control with max RT options. Took the OC down 25Mhz on the GPU and it was fine.

Associate
I have played about 5 hours and have not seen that at all. Whoever refunds must have not put anymore then 2 hours in and I don't believe you could have possibly seen that many bugs in that time.

I have seen quite a few bugs, also looked at plenty online and its more than 2hrs for your info. for a game hyped so much for visuals its shame its not as it should be.

Associate
I have seen quite a few bugs, also looked at plenty online and its more than 2hrs for your info. for a game hyped so much for visuals its shame its not as it should be.

If you have played over 2 hours on steam or epic they won't let you refund from what I read so I doubt you have played over 2 hours of game time.

I see a couple of small issues but generally it's been very good for me, now up to 8 hours and still it's been stable for me at least

Soldato
Out of curiosity, anyone know the difference between the HDR options. Have HDR10 PQ and HDR10 scRGB available on OLED. Not sure of differences.
This thread gives good info: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/2988665684326317014/

Unless you have a 12 bit screen, the LG 2020 oleds are 10 bit, then I'd use PQ for compatibility reasons and fewer bugs as it's much more commonly used. However, scRGB can still technically give very slightly better results at the cost of ~2% performance.

Soldato
This thread gives good info: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/2988665684326317014/

Unless you have a 12 bit screen, the LG 2020 oleds are 10 bit, then I'd use PQ for compatibility reasons and fewer bugs as it's much more commonly used. However, scRGB can still technically give very slightly better results at the cost of ~2% performance.

Interesting, thanks for that. Amusingly I have a 2019 OLED which with 48 Gbps is capable of receiving a 12bit signal from my 3090 and is the option set in Nvidia control panel. Of course the TV will scale it into a 10 bit image as it only has a 10bit panel, but I wonder now how given the signal is 12bit may change things. Off I go to do some homework and testing.

Thanks for the link :)

Soldato
Interesting, thanks for that. Amusingly I have a 2019 OLED which with 48 Gbps is capable of receiving a 12bit signal from my 3090 and is the option set in Nvidia control panel. Of course the TV will scale it into a 10 bit image as it only has a 10bit panel, but I wonder now how given the signal is 12bit may change things. Off I go to do some homework and testing.

Thanks for the link :)
Sure, no problem. I hope HDR works well as it was supposedly broken on consoles on release, I don't know if it has been fixed yet.

Associate
Don’t you guys find it annoying that the game doesn’t have true blacks.? All the dark areas are actually grey. Very annoying on an OLED display.

Associate
I've been playing with HDR on, looks utterly stunning and a lot better than SDR to me. Not noticed any raised blacks either - perhaps because I lowered the gamma to 0.97 from 1.0?

Back
Top Bottom