**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Soldato
Hey all,

Apologies if this has been posted before, but have you guys been experiencing wi-fi issues with this phone?

I have the Note 10+ (US version, SM-N975U1), and since roughly 3 months ago the wi-fi connection has been awful. Will drop off randomly after a few mins of use, and won't sustain something like a WhatsApp call without frequent disconnections. It will drop the wi-fi connection and put me back on LTE. If I toggle wi-fi on/off it will connect again... for a while, and then same issues start again. This happens on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.

I can't really test extensively on other wi-fi networks (stuck at home!), but all other devices on my network seem totally fine (including my Galaxy Tab S4).

Any ideas how to sort this please (without doing a factory reset!)?

Cheers,

Su

Associate
I think it's due in the UK anytime soon but judging by the number of bugs and adverse comments (some updated Good Lock apps won't be available for a few months) on Reddit I'm not going to update for a couple of months and just hide the notification.

Associate
Samsung members suggest feb hoping it's got ethernet tethering would like to test that.

Screenshot-20210112-161101-Samsung-Members.jpg

Associate
Interesting, the last timetable I saw indicated a January release. Hopefully this means they're going to attempt to fix the bugs. I'm still not going to install it until the Good Lock Apps I use are updated.

Associate
Android 11 and I assume One Ui 3.0 is out for the Note 10+ BTU (unlocked version). It might be a few hours before it filters through.

I'm waiting for all the Good Lock modules and bug fixes before I install.

Last edited:
Associate
Cool, hoping to test the ethernet tethering do I can use it as a 5G router as I think that functionality has been added in 11

Cool, Ethernet tethering works well on my initial test, will trial it for a while on 4G make sure everything works well before I switch up contracts and drop my landline, hoping 5G latency is a bit better than 4G and its not just bandwidth, not the end of the world if not, nice little update.

Associate
Seems OK on my end so far. Don't like how the transparent parts of the UI (like Search etc) have gotten less opacity on them so appear darker than they used to.
No not a fan of that either, they have also taken a number of the toggle widgets out of dex mode and the ability to edit them so enabling hotspots etc is a chore, I have to go in to menus but otherwise no issues, seems to have fixed WiFi calling via smarty too as this worked on my mi9 but not my note10 which was annoying but hard to tell if that is phone side or a coincidental. Network update.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom