New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Caporegime
A bunch of people from the HUKD thread were saying that they were receiving really bad units. Shoddily/hastily built with buttons that didn't work, etc.

Be interesting to see what experience people here are having.

Overall it seems Dells QC has gone down a notch lately, as well as their customer service. I guess it would be easy for them to just blame that on the pandemic.

Associate
Well I just got an email from Dell that my OCT 8th order has shipped and is currently in Holland - Still not going to believe anything DELL tells me until the monitor is actually with me and working properly.

Associate
Mine too the problem is that I have a flight tomorrow. Should I ask a friend who is still in the house to open it up and check for dead pixels and quality while I am away or is it fine to leave it unopened until Jan? I wouldn't want the send back period to expire.

Associate
Mine order placed in 18.11 has also been shipped for an ETA of 16.12. We will all have to see how many issues we all get with these - no doubt rushed production units. Let's hope Dell have done well here

Associate
My order from 13th November also has ETA as Wednesday (16/12).

I have received an invoice document to "remit funds via wire transfer". Do you think they will attempt to collect the payment themselves or do I have to contact customer service to get this sorted?

Associate
Mine were also shipped yesterday with an ETA of Wednesday this week. Still currently in Holland so will wait and see.

I have already contacted Dell CS - and as soon as the item is dispatched the payment method you provided at the start (if you ordered it online through a quote in my case at least) will be charged upon that happening - so in other words no action needed except ensuring to accept delivery

Soldato
Hi wondered if anyone might have any suggestions my monitor arrived but wont fit onto my monitor arm. the vesa mount is deep into the back of the monitor so i can slide the monitor onto the arm do i need a new arm? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0757KX24T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rather than trying to slide the monitor with the mount attached onto the arm, why not just slide the mount onto the arm without the monitor attached, and then screw the mount onto the monitor?

Soldato
My Oct 5th shipped too, so I think we may be golden!
I am mildly envious having also placed by non A variant order then.

However, I think I'm also pleased I cancelled given the enormous discounts people who ordered later have received (I paid 350 and they've been getting them for 280! Dell did not GAF about trying to match the discounts even for those who've been waiting more than a month longer)

Associate
If any of you want a price match for the omen 27i at the India food place it's £499 but I can give u a invoice so its matched at £359 if it helps any of you guys out waiting on Dell's crap service. If the Dell's the one for you and you don't mind waiting till who knows when good luck.

Is this offer still good? Been hanging out for the Dell but now looking at the HP so would appreciate being able to use that price match if possible.

Associate
Is this offer still good? Been hanging out for the Dell but now looking at the HP so would appreciate being able to use that price match if possible.
I don't know? But I can provide you a invoice of that price paid and you have nothing to loose by trying. The 3 of us that got these omens are well happy with them, like I said my m8 chose the omen over the Dell he had both.
Hit me up in trust and I'll send it

Associate
I am mildly envious having also placed by non A variant order then.

However, I think I'm also pleased I cancelled given the enormous discounts people who ordered later have received (I paid 350 and they've been getting them for 280! Dell did not GAF about trying to match the discounts even for those who've been waiting more than a month longer)

So I ended up ordering 3 - one at £350, one at £310 and one at £280. Each has then had a further 10% knocked off.

I only really wanted one, so was going to cancel the 2 more expensive ones, but a mate decided he'd have them instead. Overall then, he's paying around £300 per screen. Not half bad.

Back
Top Bottom