Cyberpunk 2077

Associate
EpLqtZ8XEAIEqsX

I'd have thought this was a meme if it wasn't on their official twitter :D

Good that they've acknowledged it publicly and offered refunds.

Forgive me for taking this with a pinch of salt though - especially the timeline, after having already being burnt once. Roll on February (202x).

Soldato
I think I'll sit on this one for a month or two now, I was excited for it but if I pour hours into it at this point I'm just going to be playing the worst version of the game. Plenty of stuff to tide me over in the meantime, plus Hitman 3 January.

Caporegime
sadly no, I think they will fix the weird issues like quest npc's been in the wrong place, floating cars, game crashes.

But I cannot see them getting the performance uplift required to get ps4 up to stable 30fps, I dont think its in them, the engine I think is the problem there. This is a real shame.

The worst part of it is if they put in even a semi-decent AI for each of the civilians and vehicles it's going to hit performance even harder, so not only will they need to find the performance they're lacking currently but if they improve the AI to anything respectable they're going to need to find a lot more on top of that.

Also looking at gamefaqs and youtube, can see masses of sheep treating developers like god's blaming hardware for the bad engine. Effectively saying Series S shouldnt exist (even though thats actually ok on this game), and people shouldnt be using ps4's anymore. I think lots of people perhaps kids who dont value cash as mummy and daddy buys for them or from affluent backgrounds. I know when I sell my ps4 pro probably in a year or two it will be easy to sell as there is people who buy used a generation behind because it is all they can afford.

Yep, if the PS4 and Xbox aren't cut out for it then why release it (exclusively) on those platforms? it's greed pure and simple as they have the biggest user base. If they had any conscience they would have delayed it further, targetted PS5/XSX and worked on what needs fixing/improving in the mean time.

I think most people still praising it at this point are those who are financially invested, I just feel sorry for those who bought the £250 collectors editions - £10 of toys, a few books and an undercooked game.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Been playing since the day before on the One X and I don't have a single problem with it, ok it crashed completely once, but it isn't the only game to have done this and a couple of graphical glitches, again nothing new in any game really. Used to seeing items pop up on the screen as it redraws it. Agree it needs polishing but it isn't that far away.

The gameplay is excellent, the graphics do look great. My only annoyance was during a load of cut scenes before Act 1 where it all goes wrong, it spent 10 seconds loading a cut scene that lasted for 5 seconds, and did this for what seemed like ages.

Permabanned
I have not progressed the story much at all, just been going around fighting crime. :D Seem to get quite a bit of loot from it, been disassembling all the guns and gear I dont use then crafting bits and upgrading to level that up. :)

Still fairly low level so some of the fights have been quite tough, especially when they start hacking me and had to fight some bullet dodging ninjas!

Has anyone plugged in a keyboard and mouse?

Associate
Just requested a refund. It just runs like **** **** on my one x tbh, keeps freezing when driving and textures not loading properly. I’ll just wait until I pick up a series x at some point, next gen upgrade should be out by the time you can buy one :p:D

Soldato
Its crazy how many glitches there is. Im only an hour in and ive seen several including one with my partner just walking through doors then the door disappearing lol.

Associate
I had one with enemies walking through a metal shutter to shoot me. I was enjoying the story but I think this needed another few months of development tbh. When it’s fully patched I reckon it will be a great game.

Soldato
Got a semi auto rifle last night - I think it’s a rail gun sort of thing. Proper powerful (kills in two/three shots) and uses regular rifle ammo so rarely ever run out.

Associate
Finally managed to play it on my One X - played about an hour so far. I certainly didn't notice any graphics issues with it on the One X. Looks quite nice. Can tell it is running at fairly low resolution but still fine. Will tide me over until I can get a Series X. As I take so long to complete these types of games (still playing Witcher 3) due to limited gaming time, I am fine with performance improving over time. I think people get a bit over excited with game bugs. There are few games that launch in a perfect state (just look at the Elder Scrolls series) - the only ones for me that seem to be flawless from day one are Nintendo 1st party major releases.

Soldato
Get a decent Samurai sword and unlock the perks and you are pretty much unbeatable. You can just run in and hack of limbs before anyone reacts. I had one who had both his arms cut off still stood there with his gun floating in front of him......

Soldato
The story is great really well thought out and different. The game is ok when you stick to the story but it falls to pieces if you venture off. The Ai is awful it just has no idea how to react to what you do. Things appear and disappear all over the place the Police literally appear in front of you. Cars just vanish and appear it really breaks what little immersion there was. The Map is overloaded with icons and you are constantly hounded by phone calls or messages. The three different beginning segments have virtually no impact on the rest of the game other than a few dialogue options. Reeves is not great his voice acting is well below the other main characters. Gunplay is erratic with no real tactics or thought involved.

Tbh this would have made a much better book or even tv series than a game. The story is by far its strongest point. It’s just wrapped up in a very below average game that even by last gen standards is dated. I really like CDPR and loved the Witcher games but this is just awful I have no idea what they have been doing for 8 years tbh.

It’s a 4/10 from me it’s well below average from what I have experienced in 15 odd hours. It starts ok but really falls apart pretty quick. Hopefully patches will fix it but it’s a lot to fix far more than just a few bugs.

Exactly how I feel about the game too, graphic quality and glitches aside (which there is a lot of) the gameplay and mechanics are below par.

At the moment the progression is annoying me, either I'm doing it wrong or its a bug but some missions don't display waypoints so I don't have got a clue where to go. Then there is the dull and lifeless gunplay, there isn't any feeling of connection or damage when the bullets hit. Also why does it take a full clip from a sub machine to take down an useless enemy?

All missions so far have been run and gun with hacking only serving the purpose to stop others from hacking you to cause you to annoyingly overheat. But with all that said, I'm still finding enjoyment from it and just taking it for what it is, a very overhyped game that comically under delivers in most aspects.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom