• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Associate
Just got mine this morning!!!!!

131418073_2812108125739047_750258658721218616_o.jpg

Associate
yweJxXk

yweJxXk.jpg

WkGpgMv.jpg
WkGpgMv

Even with vertical mount I realised this thing needs more support. White lego bricks on order! Anyway add me to the list of frustrated 3080 customers who ended up going all the way!

Have a B550 Vision D motherboard sat here waiting for a 5900x. Hopefully this/next week then I can stop faffing with my PC.

Edit - no coil whine reported although undervolted and using brand new phanteks 1000w PSU

Last edited:
Associate
Quick question on the upcoming MSI Suprim.... wtf is the difference between Suprim an Suprim X? one is a non OC model?

Is there a non 'x' version? I've not seen anything that indicates this......the Suprim X is supposedly the moniker that indicates their top bin product. I've just ordered the 3090 Suprim X from another retailer when they recently had plenty of stock. Arrives Thursday.

Caporegime
Tested my FE a bit more.

Stock Time Spy score at 19,560.

Stock Time Spy Stress Test frame rate stability at 97.5%, average boost 1770-1785 with temps stableat 70c, power at stock 350W. Fans stable at 63%, which is very much audable for me. voltage around 920-950mv.

Th is is defnitely a lower end bin chip. Sad times.

Stable undervolt at 862mv @ 1800, which draws about 300-320W of power, improvies stability to 99% in Time Spy stress test and brings fans to around 52% at stable. Gets a timespy score of 19,400.

The card does not overclock at all, breaking 20,000 timespy score, which seems to be average, even at 100% fan speed is impossible for me (without memory oc but god knows how to test for errors there as normal benches dont show error).

A bit annoyed that I lost the bin lottery on a £1,400 card.

Thats how the lottery goes. I know a guy who got a MSI and is currently running at +200 and hitting a constant 2150Mhz and I think he is even undervolting.

Associate
I changed to a titanium power supply and my coil whine has gone completely. Dont need to undervolt it anymore :D

Just on this whole GPU coil whine thing. Changing PSU does not always solve the issue. If you have that problem, don't expect it will magically solve it. I swapped from a Corsair RM850x To a Seasonic Prime TX1000 and made 0 difference.

I have since got rid of my old Palit 2080 ti which the worst coil whine I have ever heard.

I don't know why but I bought another Palit Gaming OC 3090 and that is the quietest card I have ever had. Literally 0 coil whine, under water. Amazing.

So, it's fairly random as well as to do with other parts causing issues.

Associate
wUmBK4y.jpg
Edit: i cannot find a successful way to show an image, i will keep trying. .

MSI 3090 Suprim.

Installed to replace of my AMD Rx580. It goes over some sata ports I use so i had to dig out some 90-degree angle sata connectors for that.

I found that the screwholes to attach the card to the case (at the ports end of course) don't fit/align to my bequiet 800 case holes.

I also found that the games my kids are no better off with this card so far, hopefully because of the old 4670 Haswell CPU. I'll have the new 5900x on my new 570 mobo in a couple of weeks so lets hope frame rates are more reliable then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom