*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Wab nailed his review I feel, cdpr should have had some balls and dropped the ps4 and xbox versions, and delayed the rest until done

Wab reporting this morning that YouTube have "censored" his video as it no longer features in your subscription list and I'm not sure its actually even searchable. I didn't even think the review was even that bad, he definitely spent a long time going through all the good things about the game.

Soldato
Wab reporting this morning that YouTube have "censored" his video as it no longer features in your subscription list and I'm not sure its actually even searchable. I didn't even think the review was even that bad, he definitely spent a long time going through all the good things about the game.

Maybe to do with featuring and talking about an adult toy? Can’t think of any other reason.

Associate
I hate games with bullet sponge humans . Totally kills the immersion for me. They try and make graphics photorealistic, but then you get kicked right out of any semblance of immersion because people can somehow take multiple rifle bullets to the face.

It's an RPG

Soldato
Finished Act 1 last night, and the 'intro' to Act 2. I do find it compelling and I want to go back to it. Story is coming together a bit more, and now I feel like I can explore a bit more and spend some time travelling around not just hitting missions (I sort of knew what happened in Act 1).

Since the hexeditor trick and 1.04 + DF settings - it's performing really well actually with RT on. I am getting about one crash to desktop per hour though which is annoying.

Soldato
I would advise waiting and play the game as it's supposed to, with RTX enabled. Without just makes it look lifeless to me. Ultra, no RTX still look crisp and very good RTX adds that extra depth, vibrance and life to the game.

A quick video & pic (video hd is still processing)

oJCnoFb.jpg

Soldato
I'm glad they released is now, but I am playing it on a 3090 21:9 1600p, they shouldn't have released it however on last gen consoles, that was a mistake and a quick cash in when they knew 6 year old hardware would not run this next gen game.
I have only experienced a couple of graphical bugs, 1 lot of flashing trees and a couple of bodies glitching out the roof of my car. I got sick of waiting in the end and it's more than playable for me in its current state. People can turn down settings and run this fine on last gen graphics cards and still have great performance. Yes there's some patches to be done, by summer next year it will be game of the decade and I'm hooked and pleased to be playing it now.

I can't wait for future expansions, I feel reading this thread I get deja vu, its like for like from the first week of release for the Witcher 3.

Soldato
I'm glad they released is now, but I am playing it on a 3090 21:9 1600p, they shouldn't have released it however on last gen consoles, that was a mistake and a quick cash in when they knew 6 year old hardware would not run this next gen game.
I have only experienced a couple of graphical bugs, 1 lot of flashing trees and a couple of bodies glitching out the roof of my car. I got sick of waiting in the end and it's more than playable for me in its current state. People can turn down settings and run this fine on last gen graphics cards and still have great performance. Yes there's some patches to be done, by summer next year it will be game of the decade and I'm hooked and pleased to be playing it now.

I can't wait for future expansions, I feel reading this thread I get deja vu, its like for like from the first week of release for the Witcher 3.
I feel the same, releasing it on consoles from many years ago wasnt a great idea, thought can see why they did it to (money!)
The flashing trees I get on latest drivers but not on old drivers (Nvidia 445.87) I have seen the weird t stance body thing out the car though. Great game, even if you just like driving around and exploring like I do sometimes

Associate
I love the game but RDR 2 is still king:

iA17MDR.png
iA17MDR.png

I love RDR2, but that's really just a selective list of stuff RDR2 has and Cyberpunk doesn't. You could just as easily write a long list of stuff that Cyberpunk has....

I'm enjoying it. Done some random missions, had a wander, but avoided the main quest line so far. Yes, the city isn't particularly interactive, but I was expecting that given it's using the Red Engine. At least there are random events happening; the Witcher 3 had nothing like that, it was totally static, and apart from fighting things there was zero interaction. Didn't need it though as the world was just a backdrop for the story.

One major disappointment so far is that I can't seem to get access to any of the huge towers (apart from V's apartment block). That's a big shame if it's by design.

Had some bugs- a floating pack of cards, a woman who floated up a flight of steps, and the weirdest one- doesn't seem to happen every time, but if I load a save outside of V's apartment, the street is bustling with hundreds of people. I stood just soaking it in, then realised everyone's gone. Very weird! Luckily no CTDs or savegame crashes though.

Soldato
I love RDR2, but that's really just a selective list of stuff RDR2 has and Cyberpunk doesn't. You could just as easily write a long list of stuff that Cyberpunk has....

My biggest issue with RDR2 was I didn't find it fun or enjoyable to wander round. Sure there was loads to do, but a lot of the time it just felt a chore. Ultimately you can't please everyone all the time, and bugs and issues aside some people will be happy with what CP77 offers.

Associate
I don't buy the base console argument (trust me, I'm a CDPR fanboy and love the game) But it should be playable on the base One/S and the PS4.
They really F'd up there...unless they do a Hello Games and really turn it around for players on those systems.

According to Twitter they are monitoring forums and are going to come up with patches/updates. Combine that with the CDPR announcement this morning and it's clear they are determined to get on top of things.
Delaying further wasn't an option for them financially, but a shambles of a release.

EDIT: Console argument I dont buy = They are too old to run it. No, they should be able to run it

Soldato
I don't buy the base console argument (trust me, I'm a CDPR fanboy and love the game) But it should be playable on the base One/S and the PS4.
They really F'd up there...unless they do a Hello Games and really turn it around for players on those systems.

According to Twitter they are monitoring forums and are going to come up with patches/updates. Combine that with the CDPR announcement this morning and it's clear they are determined to get on top of things.
Delaying further wasn't an option for them financially, but a shambles of a release.

EDIT: Console argument I dont buy = They are too old to run it. No, they should be able to run it

They should have either made it playable but in lowest possible settings, 1080p to net 30fps constant. I think even that is a big ask based on the hardware in the PS4 which is from 2013.
The problem with doing that it people would say it looks rubbish, but then moan about fps / it being unplayable when it looks better. The CPU would be crippled by the world geometry and GPU by everything else

It should have been a PS5, Xbox series X and PC release only IMO

Soldato
Agree'd we need a cut off somewhere, and a next gen game with 2 years of upcoming content which needs to stay looking fresh in this time is the place to do it. I certainly hope they do it with most of next years titles such as Dying light and Battlefield. It's time to make the move in 2021 to the PS5 and Series X I wish they still made games for the SNES but it wouldn't be practical.

Soldato
Well a game this anticipated would have been quite a system seller for both console manufacturers - I'm sure both Sony and MS would have been very happy if it hadn't been put out on the previous consoles... Which makes me think it wasn't contractual or anything like that

Back
Top Bottom