• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow, Nvidia have banned Hardware Unboxed from receiving review samples...

Permabanned
Linus freaking out is even better but I can't post the link here for some reason. Search on youtube for
"NVIDIA might ACTUALLY be EVIL"

Associate
This really doesn't give NVIDIA a good look at all. Absolute stupidity, their reviews of the 3000 series have been much more positive than the new AMD 6000 series cards tbh.... (And apparently they are AMD shills according to some hahaha) Wonder if AMD will ban them for their comments:rolleyes: Good to see the other big content creators ripping them a new one for this though.

Basically bullying tactics. The last part in their first email looks very damaging indeed. If you start being a good boy and **** your pants about our glorious ray tracing you might get put back in the pool..... Good reason for other content creators to be concerned.

Permabanned
This really doesn't give NVIDIA a good look at all. Absolute stupidity, their reviews of the 3000 series have been much more positive than the new AMD 6000 series cards tbh.... (And apparently they are AMD shills according to some hahaha) Wonder if AMD will ban them for their comments:rolleyes: Good to see the other big content creators ripping them a new one for this though.

Basically bullying tactics. The last part in their first email looks very damaging indeed. If you start being a good boy and **** your pants about our glorious ray tracing you might get put back in the pool..... Good reason for other content creators to be concerned.

And the worst thing is that they do seem to be completely out of touch. A good percentage of gamers are saying that DLSS is fantastic and RT is good but RT takes too much of a performance hit right now. What's wrong with that?

Soldato
I'm looking forward to Gamers Nexus' video on the matter. Always enjoy their tongue-in-cheek, no ***** given style of reporting this kind of stuff.

Soldato
Just caught up on this. Amazing lack of perspective from Nvidia. They must have realised that it would end up with Linus covering it and it becoming a massive **** show.
Also the whole RTX thing.....PLEASEEEEEEE if your buying a card in 2020 exclusively for RTX your an idiot and its nice that Nvidia love to flash the tech about in PR but still the cards are not powerful enough for true ray tracing even in games like Quake 2!

Associate
And the worst thing is that they do seem to be completely out of touch. A good percentage of gamers are saying that DLSS is fantastic and RT is good but RT takes too much of a performance hit right now. What's wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that at all, I am of this exact same opinion. Do I use ray tracing right now? No... I prefer more FPS. I didn't buy a 144 Hz monitor to play games at under 100 FPS.

More games will start supporting it though and maybe next gen of GPU's there might not be such a significant performance hit with it.

Associate
This is a watershed moment for the industry i think.
Content creators need to band together to punish this kind of bullying, big or small a review must be objective and honest.

Not BS written by the marketing team who made the flipping thing.

Associate
Apparently, Nvidia has backed down, I wonder why...

Doesn't matter though IMHO, they've done it now, an apology won't change that..
yep damage has potentially been done, Steve even mentions smaller/other reviewers contacting him worrying that they may be doing something to take them off Nvidia's list.
The message has been sent out.

Associate
Regardless of the reasons, the fact that Nvidia has issued a retraction means that they have admitted they were wrong.
You don't retract or apologize if you're right.

Back
Top Bottom