*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Exactly, need to move on with the times.
Just because I have an Amiga in my parents loft i'm not expecting Team 17 to release a new Alien Breed or Cannon Fodder game for Amiga any time soon :D (how good would it be if they did!!)

What I can't understand is the 460.70 Nvidia drivers that are supposed to be for Cyberpunk. I tried these and they cause more bugs than the 445.87 ones i'm using

Associate
a cut off? 1 month after the release of new consoles when the majority cannot buy them doesn't really make sense though does it?

since originally cyberpunk was set to be released before the PS5/XserieX what was the plan before then? PC only?(I wouldn't have been against that but that's not realistic)

The next gen version isn't even next gen on the PS5/XseriesX so what were they testing it on?

The argument that they should have ignored PS4/XBone falls apart when you actually look at it.

Anyway that's for console discussion.

But I feel like their Twitter statement is also hiding behind the PS4/Xbone and pretending the rest of the platforms are perfect.

Caporegime
My biggest issue with RDR2 was I didn't find it fun or enjoyable to wander round. Sure there was loads to do, but a lot of the time it just felt a chore. Ultimately you can't please everyone all the time, and bugs and issues aside some people will be happy with what CP77 offers.

I guess it depends on what you want/expect from a game and also how it is marketed to you.

The criticisms and comparisons are because CD Projekt claimed they were bringing some revolutionary new immersive city and world/experience to the table. By that claim, you would expect it to have everything RDR2 has and more. If they marketed it differently and didn't just flat out lie about what the game would do, then the comparisons to RDR2/GTA would not be warranted.

Unfortunately it appears that in reality, it is hilariously basic compared to RDR2 and even older GTA games in this regard.

I mean just the police mechanic is simply laughable from what i have seen. They don't drive, have no airborne vehicles/helicopters, no police chases, no real wanted system, and police that simply spawn right next to you wherever you are.

Associate
For me it shows either a lack of experience on CD Projekt part of handling a game of this magnitude from a Hype/size of audience perspective...or the mistake of involving investors to finance the game, who want their ROI back ASAP and dictate release times (im not sure if TW3 gave them enough capital to develop this without them)....they clearly built this game for high end PC's, but at the same time wanted the cash flow from consoles and started taking orders for it at such an early stage, that the new gen of consoles have come out and now have millions of pre orders on consoles that can barely do 16fps at 720p in some situations. (hence why they clearly came out with the free upgrade to the PS5 version when it comes out to try and pacify those people).

In an ideal world, you shouldn't start taking pre-orders till your game has gone gold and you are happy with it and you shouldn't be going gold until its a perfect experience...and its a shame, because they have been a real good guy in the gaming industry so far....lets hope this gives them the reality check and they fix this quickly.

Soldato
Agree'd we need a cut off somewhere, and a next gen game with 2 years of upcoming content which needs to stay looking fresh in this time is the place to do it. I certainly hope they do it with most of next years titles such as Dying light and Battlefield. It's time to make the move in 2021 to the PS5 and Series X I wish they still made games for the SNES but it wouldn't be practical.

There aren't enough next-gen consoles in existence right now to make that a smart business decision. The budget on this game must have been utterly monumental, the only reason they've already broken even on it is because it's available so widely.

The base consoles have existed for the entire duration of this game's development, they've had more than enough time to get comfortable with the hardware and what it can do.

Soldato
Agree'd we need a cut off somewhere, and a next gen game with 2 years of upcoming content which needs to stay looking fresh in this time is the place to do it. I certainly hope they do it with most of next years titles such as Dying light and Battlefield. It's time to make the move in 2021 to the PS5 and Series X I wish they still made games for the SNES but it wouldn't be practical.

How many PS4/Xbones are out there compared to PS5/XBSX? That's a lot of potential sales to give up, which is why Cyberpunk 2077 has been forced into those consoles with a crowbar, ready or not.

Associate
Well I'm beginning to change my mind on the game, really getting into it now. I've dialled in my graphical settings, now getting 50-60fps with RT ultra and DLSS balanced. Also applied the AMD hex fix, average FPS hasn't changed but I'm not getting the random drops to sub 30 that I was before, it's much more stable now.

The UI/crafting/general menus took some getting used to, but I'm getting there.

I haven't even finished the first proper mission yet, I retrieved the flathead robot and now I'm just driving around, doing side missions, stopping assaults etc

Associate
Consoles only made up a small portion of the sales, nearly 60% were all PC sales. In fact they broke the record set by wow shadowlands only a few weeks ago by over 30%.
nearly 60% were PC. so say 55%? 45% consoles=small portion? the game is huge on PC but to say consoles are a small portion is a bit wild even going by your figures.

Associate
nearly 60% were PC. so say 55%? 45% consoles=small portion? the game is huge on PC but to say consoles are a small portion is a bit wild even going by your figures.
Eo4CFR8XcAAm5Af

Preorders only, so this doesn’t account for day 1 sales etc.

Caporegime
The argument that they should have ignored PS4/XBone falls apart when you actually look at it.
how bad it runs on old consoles is laughable...
I literally play the game on
i5 4670k @ 4ghz
8gb ram
980ti with power limit set to 54% and the fps capped to 30 LOL (gpu downclocks from like 1300mhz to 700 lol)

I never had a single game crash so far and dont see issues with 8gm ram apart from driving if i swing the camera around really fast it sort of stutters a bit
(guess my pc would have been like topend in 2015-2017 when they were working in the game though so maybe they did a lot of optimizations for 980ti)

I only power limit the gpu so the fans not noisy it easily pulls 50-60fps @ 1080 on the default settings it chooses for me which is like everything on high apart from a few mediums.
turned screen spacer reflections to ultra, didnt even notice a 1fps drop, looks helluva better

just how weak were the xbone , amd 8 core cpu though AMD were really crap gaming CPU's compared to intel back then for per thread performance.

personally played way over 30hours by now, only did side quests for 2 days straight pretty much.

died 3x to fall in places I shouldn't.
do see the traffic bug everyone has, loads of cars from a distance on high ways but they vanish instead of lod change or whatever.
okay the AI is kinda average for a game.
the AI cars look like a 70s movie

then there's the bugs that are funny in fallout or a skyrim game, but in a cyberpunk game it's terrible?

I don't get all the hate even on my old crap rig it runs perfectly fine almost constant 60fps if I wanted.

The game is fun for most people surely, just seems like people expected way to much compared to other games, I didn't follow the hype though, just caught a few trailers before release.

Last edited:
Associate
Well a game this anticipated would have been quite a system seller for both console manufacturers - I'm sure both Sony and MS would have been very happy if it hadn't been put out on the previous consoles... Which makes me think it wasn't contractual or anything like that

The consoles are always loss leaders though. They need to sell software, which they have done. If it was my decision I would have done the same. Then offer a free upgrade to the latest Gen' console at a later date and push more people to upgrade and make the transition into the next gen faster.

Associate
Have requested a refund today ( for PC ) ; I can't be bothered working around the multiple crashes, bugs and graphical glitches. Let's see if CDPR honours my request !

I'm glad some of you at least are managing to have some fun, but I don't agree with the comments this is a "next gen" game. Other than the implementation of RT FX there is nothing "next gen" about this game at all, in my opinion. I do wonder if they had to cut a whole pile of features prior to release due to performance issues. For instance what happened to the immersive/interactive Night City ? Where is the verticality that was promised ? ( most buildings and skyscrapers can't be entered ) The barebones loot system. Basic NPC AI routines - same for traffic. I could go on ...

I think, in time, we will learn of a very troubled development cycle - similar to what happened with Anthem / Bioware.

Last edited:
Associate
Wow...just realised how short the main line quest is....im on act 2....been playing about 18 hours or so....mix of the main story and trying some side missions and I've just checked that from the main mission perspective I'm on mission 21 of a total of 30 missions.

As a comparison it took me 45 Hours on my recent playthrough this year, just to get to Skellige on the Witcher 3, which is about 65% of the way through the game.

Soldato
how bad it runs on old consoles is laughable...
I literally play the game on
i5 4670k @ 4ghz
8gb ram
980ti with power limit set to 54% and the fps capped to 30 LOL (gpu downclocks from like 1300mhz to 700 lol)

I never had a single game crash so far and dont see issues with 8gm ram apart from driving if i swing the camera around really fast it sort of stutters a bit
(guess my pc would have been like topend in 2015-2017 when they were working in the game though so maybe they did a lot of optimizations for 980ti)

I only power limit the gpu so the fans not noisy it easily pulls 50-60fps @ 1080 on the default settings it chooses for me which is like everything on high apart from a few mediums.
turned screen spacer reflections to ultra, didnt even notice a 1fps drop, looks helluva better

just how weak were the xbone , amd 8 core cpu though AMD were really crap gaming CPU's compared to intel back then for per thread performance
I thought the CPU in the xbone and ps4 is way worse than the 4670k and gpu is more like a gtx670 on ps4 and gtx780 (or less) on a ps4 pro

Back
Top Bottom