• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
You are paying £223 for two years ultimate which even doing the legit way costs £90.

To expand on this:

Two years Game Pass Ultimate at the £10.99/month regular price would be £263.76.
Using the £1 upgrade offer, and just buying two UK Xbox Live Gold vouchers beforehand, would total £80.98.

This is the problem with All Access. It's a decent deal versus full-price Game Pass Ultimate. But it isn't great while the £1 offer is still on. And even if that offer ended tomorrow, CDKeys do Game Pass Ultimate 12-month codes for £99.99, meaning there's still a cheaper option than AA.

Caporegime
Yep if you don’t do the dodgy game pass staff, your getting the console and two years x box ultimate

Converting Xbox live gold into gamepass isn't "dodgy". it is just how it works and how MS have set it to work.

You can also get a year via EA access codes, currently to be had for £16.95 for equivalent of 4 months game pass (so £50.85).

Both of these methods are totally legitimate. Obviously they wont last forever, but at the moment, it is silly to pay anywhere near full price for gamepass.

Soldato
Hi, I've bought the Series S model for my son's Xmas present. Can anyone recommend a 2TB external SSD drive for use with the S?.
For anyone currently using a SSD how is the performance in general?. Thanks.:)

Not 2TB, but I use a 1TB WD blue nvme in an SSK enclosure, games load nice a quickly. I don't notice any real difference to loading game off the internal drive. From the speed tests it doesn't really matter which type of SSD you choose though.

The external drives won't be any good for actual Series S|X games when they eventually start arriving though.

Caporegime
To expand on this:

Two years Game Pass Ultimate at the £10.99/month regular price would be £263.76.
Using the £1 upgrade offer, and just buying two UK Xbox Live Gold vouchers beforehand, would total £80.98.

This is the problem with All Access. It's a decent deal versus full-price Game Pass Ultimate. But it isn't great while the £1 offer is still on. And even if that offer ended tomorrow, CDKeys do Game Pass Ultimate 12-month codes for £99.99, meaning there's still a cheaper option than AA.

It is not just the £1 offer. Converting base live with any game pass will convert the live 1:1 regardless.

Soldato
Has anyone got the Steeleseries Arctis 9x’s? The wife has got me a pair as a Christmas gift (as I unfortunately opened the main present of a series X early :D), at the time it seemed that they were one of the best options out there. However I’ve done a little bit more reading and there seems a theme of people saying that the sound quality is underwhelming and the mic quality poor. I could just be guilty of focusing on the negative reviews I’ve seen and disregarding the positive ones which I am usually guilty of. Is someone able to offer an opinion?

Soldato
Has anyone got the Steeleseries Arctis 9x’s? The wife has got me a pair as a Christmas gift (as I unfortunately opened the main present of a series X early :D), at the time it seemed that they were one of the best options out there. However I’ve done a little bit more reading and there seems a theme of people saying that the sound quality is underwhelming and the mic quality poor. I could just be guilty of focusing on the negative reviews I’ve seen and disregarding the positive ones which I am usually guilty of. Is someone able to offer an opinion?

Turtle Beach Stealth 700 v2 (if you can get your hands on them?)

Soldato

I have these and from what I've heard, mic quality is about what is to be expected of a higher end headset. Seems to be very clear when I've tested mine. Sound wise, the sound is aimed at gaming, although has good sound when listening to music. However, the soundstage and positional audio is excellent and that's exactly what I bought mine for.

Associate
Not 2TB, but I use a 1TB WD blue nvme in an SSK enclosure, games load nice a quickly. I don't notice any real difference to loading game off the internal drive. From the speed tests it doesn't really matter which type of SSD you choose though.

The external drives won't be any good for actual Series S|X games when they eventually start arriving though.

Thanks for your informative reply. Am I correct then in thinking pretty much any external SSD drive will suffice and out perform a standard mechanical version?.

Regarding the actual Series S games when they arrive, what would be the actual issue with them on the external SSD drive?.
Thanks again for your help. :)

Back
Top Bottom