AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
Do you think a 5900X is over kill, if your just using it for gaming?
I think that depends on what sort of gaming you are doing. Competitive esports players and fanatic first-person-shooter addicts will pay big bucks for even a tiny edge. For casual gamers, it almost certainly is. I can report from personal experiience that with a reasonable graphics card (3070) the older MMO SW:TOR is eminently playable at 3440x1440 60Hz with high detail. The CPU? a Zen 2 Ryzen 3 3200X running at stock speed which I bought second hand to tide me over until I got a new CPU and graphics card.

Associate
Just tried the DPD tracker again. MY parcel is on its way to Ferndown (DPD depot) and will be with me tomorrow!

"O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
He chortled in his joy.

Soldato
Hey, I've received my Ryzen 5950x but unfortunately I cannot put together my build until I receive my RTX 3080. Will the delay cause an issue if I find I need to RMA the CPU?

Why would you need to RMA the cpu? Get yourself a second hand lower GPU like I have until your 3080 arrives best thing to do get it all set up and tested.

Associate
My 5950X arrived a few minutes ago. I'm in the middle of a download which will run for another hour so I took a few minutes out to calculate that the useful material/space ratio of the AMD box is approximately 1:171. Now I shall go back to stroking the inner packaging and whispering "my precious".

Associate
Big Update from Gibbo over on the locked thread - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...-series-delivery-update-thread-info.18907617/

Hi there

Current update:

5950X - All backorders cleared, a nice pile of stock is now building up, we will allow re-ordering just before Christmas. :)
5900X - Just shy of 400 back orders now to clear, expecting around 60 units potentially this week and hopefully several hundred next week.
5800X - Only 86 orders left to clear, we expect around 60 this week and several hundred before month end.
5600X - 541 orders left to clear, were expecting around 300 this week and several hundred more by month end.

We are still on goal to have cleared all the orders by year end and hopefully have product back on sale. :)

Associate
Just a quick question, is there a way to update my delivery address? I've changed my primary delivery address on my account (I logged in via amazon) but I haven't seen any confirmation that its being sent to the new address rather than the old.
1st time using OC so it may just be my lack of knowledge on how things are done here.

Thanks in advance!

Associate
Just a quick question, is there a way to update my delivery address? I've changed my primary delivery address on my account (I logged in via amazon) but I haven't seen any confirmation that its being sent to the new address rather than the old.
1st time using OC so it may just be my lack of knowledge on how things are done here.

Thanks in advance!

Not entirely sure but I would get in touch with customer services mate, not sure that you can change address on an existing order

Man of Honour

Thanks in advance!
Use the customer service forum at the top of the main forum page, don't delay :)

Back
Top Bottom