*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
I seriously dislike the guy, he's a total idiot, even if I do or do not agree with his review. He's just a sad grumpy man with little to no understanding of the games industry. If it doesn't suit what he likes, then it's the 'worst game ever'. Utter pleb. Anyone who takes his reviews as gospel are in the same boat.

Edit, and no, I've not watched his CP2077 review, I can barely get through 5 seconds of his videos, let alone one designed purely for clicks.

He's an oldschool PC gamer and has a better grasp of the gaming industry that most people. I can see why he has the jaded view of games today that he has, because in many ways what was a more niche hobby has gone mainstream and the appeal is less to gamers today and more towards casuals who need their hands holding, something you only fully appreciate if you have a long history with PC gaming and have the perspective to see how things have changed. His reviews are brutally honest which means that if you mess up then he's going to call you on it, which he did with Cyberpunk and has done with many other games.

You can disagree with his style and have a different point of view but that doesn't make him an idiot. And his video wasn't taken down, it was unindexed from google which is a serious problem because it's googles way of black holing content without deleting it, and it's really insidious behaviour that we should all be against, whether it's for content we like or dislike.

Soldato
He's an oldschool PC gamer and has a better grasp of the gaming industry that most people. I can see why he has the jaded view of games today that he has, because in many ways what was a more niche hobby has gone mainstream and the appeal is less to gamers today and more towards casuals who need their hands holding, something you only fully appreciate if you have a long history with PC gaming and have the perspective to see how things have changed. His reviews are brutally honest which means that if you mess up then he's going to call you on it, which he did with Cyberpunk and has done with many other games.

You can disagree with his style and have a different point of view but that doesn't make him an idiot. And his video wasn't taken down, it was unindexed from google which is a serious problem because it's googles way of black holing content without deleting it, and it's really insidious behaviour that we should all be against, whether it's for content we like or dislike.

Ignoring his Cyberpunk video (which, again, I've not seen). Previous videos of his that I attempted to watch consist of him complaining about something and nothing else, focusing on individual parts and just slating games for the heck of it. I too have been around the PC gaming scene for a couple of decades, does it matter? No.

He's just a contrived idiot who blabbers on with no real direction in his 'reviews', a man child. In my opinion anyway.

Soldato

Agreed! He's usually pretty spot on with what he says, regardless of his 'style' of video. I always watch what he puts out for games i have an interest in.

Associate
I don't know if i would recommend the game at all.

I can't decide how i feel about it. I intentionally avoided every news article, didn't watch and previews, game plays or trailers to avoid becoming overhyped and honestly the first couple of hours is well meh..

I feel no desire to turn it on and continue the game.

I've had 2 game crashes, not the end of the world didn't harm progress in anyway whatsoever.

Only had one bug so far which was pretty stupid, an entire group of enemies stood there and let me punch them to death 1 after the other and didn't retaliate once.

Dialogue options are just not there, I don't understand the point of the "choices" when you always have to click on the top one to continue just have the conversation continue on with out the breaks to pick an option when they mean nothing.

Graphics are good but lets be fair they were never going to be excellent unless you have a £2000 PC and not like the GPUs are available anyway as I tried to buy one.

The whole game just feels underwhelming. I've not explored much at night time yet so hopefully it gets better during the night hours as i just had this impression of this Neon lit future kinda like Bladerunner.

Underboss
Agree or disagree with him, like him or don't - the fact that corporations are doing this is wrong - if I wanted biased opinions I'd watch jayz2cents and all the other shills.

I personally don't like Mac or his review style, but his reviews are generally spot on and shouldn't be hidden away.

Associate
I've enjoyed the 5+ hrs I've played of this over the weekend. A couple of tweaks (completely turned off ray tracing in the end) got me decent performance on 4K which I was happy about and still looks great.

I didn't really have any super high hopes or expectations for it and haven't had any bugs so far. Likely far fewer play hours than some though.

Soldato
So the stutter I get when driving could well be due to the Ryzen issue.

Should probably try this reddit patch, hadnt heard about it until today.

Anyone seen a vast improvement with it on a 3600?

Soldato
Hence the wink. Just playing. I just think his content is usually spot on.

Just managed to watch it (first meeting started at half past so got to 13:51 on the vid), and I was wrong. I fully expected his shouting, wailing and bell smashing none stop.

I am wrong, he hits the nail on the head in all aspects. Hmmm, I'll watch some other of his vids, maybe I just got a few of the bad ones.

Soldato
He actually said that the game would have been his game of the year if it had lived up to what was promised, but that customers should refund the game and then buy it 6-12 months down the line when all the bugs have been fixed and you get the experience you were expecting.

Cheers. I'd picked up the bit about it scoring better if not for the issues but forgot about that suggestion on refunds.

Soldato
:D

Game is nice and smooth on my 2080 Super, playing at 3840 x 1600. Not checked my FPS, but then I've never been bothered as long as the game is smooth and not stuttering etc.

I've played around an hour so far and it's a visually stunning game. :)

Not played that much, working night shift to pay for it :D

Soldato
Played an hour or so last night and was a little underwhelmed. It runs pretty nicely maxed out on my pc, but the visuals are a bit hit and miss if you ask me. Gameplay mechanics are a little clunky and the storyline isn't yanking me into the game world so far. I'm sure it'll improve the more I stick at it, but I'm a little disappointed after all the hype so far.

Think I'll continue with horizon zero dawn for now..

Man of Honour
Dialogue options are just not there, I don't understand the point of the "choices" when you always have to click on the top one to continue just have the conversation continue on with out the breaks to pick

Yeah few times I made what I thought were conversation choices only to have to go back and pick the top one anyway to progress - thought that a bit meh.

Soldato
Been playing for a couple of hours and starting to get sucked in. Cant really say anything without spoilers so ill just say im enjoying the storyline more than I usually do with these types of games.

Of course, forgot the spoiler tag -

Reached the bit where Jackie dies, and Keanu appears - must say i'd forgotten he was in this but yeah enjoying it and seeing where itll go.

Back
Top Bottom