NFL 2020 Season

Soldato
Washington once again not playing that bad, just making stupid decisions/mistakes. On the pass, to put them in FG range, why on earth would the D sit back in a prevent. I couldn't believe it... Literally handed them 10 yards.

seen a few plays like this already this season, do wonder about the calls made, you don't want to give away long plays but surely you want to be within distance to get up and stop them.

yh thought so, seems raven's offense has become too predictable

my issue is jacksons poor ability/choices when throwing, the opposition are already at the point where they block the run and get them to try and throw it.

i know the lockdown hasn't allowed pre season and the like where they could have worked with him on it , but surely they've had meetings etc

edit:
bears changed their play caller mid season ??, that's bad enough most years but this year with the way things have been......

just seen mention that brees has fractured ribs and a collapsed lung :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally, not much. I don't feel they're a dominant team right now. Obviously, they're a really very good team, but it's not like the Pats or Chiefs of recent times. Do they scare opposition like those teams did?

Soldato
How much would you guys put on the steelers going undefeated the whole of the regular season?

As a longtime steelers fan, not much, the reason we generally aren't convincingly beating teams as one phase of play always lets the side down. We've only had two games where we have dominated in all 3 phases, the browns earlier this season and the bengals this week. That being said historically we have been better in the second half of the season.

Superbowl or bust, couldn't care less about being undefeated.

Soldato
OP
Personally, not much. I don't feel they're a dominant team right now. Obviously, they're a really very good team, but it's not like the Pats or Chiefs of recent times. Do they scare opposition like those teams did?

probably not as the cowboys nearly gave them a lose

As a longtime steelers fan, not much, the reason we generally aren't convincingly beating teams as one phase of play always lets the side down. We've only had two games where we have dominated in all 3 phases, the browns earlier this season and the bengals this week. That being said historically we have been better in the second half of the season.

Superbowl or bust, couldn't care less about being undefeated.

do you believe in this take?

it would be better to get a loss to reduce pressure in the playoffs

I want to see them go undefeated in the regular season

Soldato
I know it's easy to say now, but I was surprised that EVERYONE seemed to take the Cowboys. (6 on the NFL's preview video and I think all 4 in the CBS (Or was it Fox studio?)) Not that I saw that coming... and also, Dallas kind of self destructed rather than anything else. To give some credit to Washington, I think our D is really shaping up and when you add that to a solid running game, we've seen what that can do in the past. I don't know if I should cling to some hope that Haskins can develop into a solid starter. If he can, we might actually have a future. (I feel some deja vu there though)

Even more annoying now thinking back to the two games we basically handed to the Giants :(

Soldato
i wasn't that suprised, mainly based on the vikings and steelers games, but losing both starting tackles so early in a game on top of their other injuries didn't help things

elliot had another poor game, added to that you get a fake punt call that for me made no sense.

nice TD for sweat, but no idea what dalton was thinking when he tried to throw that ball

can't say i've seen anything from haskins that points to him being the sort of qb washington need

Soldato
added to that you get a fake punt call that for me made no sense

It looked like a lot of the other Cowboys expected him to throw the ball. I think it was the punter, running past someone he could have tried to at least get in the way of, looking back like he was expecting the ball. But yes, a rather surprising play call.

Soldato
can't imagine that it was a run play considering it went 10 yds further back from the line of play making it 4th and 20 :eek:

added to that there were a couple of other plays where the execution was awful, if i didn't know better i'd say they'd not even practised them :D

edit:

Lions fired the GM and the head coach

This could be an "interesting" game:

The Denver Broncos have no plans to forfeit Sunday's home game against the New Orleans Saints even though all four of their quarterbacks are absent.

Broncos quarterback Jeff Driskel tested positive for Covid-19 on Thursday.

Team-mates Drew Lock, Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles are now in isolation after all being deemed "high-risk" close contacts.

Last edited:
Soldato
probably not as the cowboys nearly gave them a lose

do you believe in this take?

I want to see them go undefeated in the regular season

Sorry just seen this, Stephen A is a jack*** but tbh I get his point and frankly now that we've eaten the L I'm glad we got a reality check. We haven't been playing well but also we've been royally screwed by the Covid situation and some massive injuries (bush and Dupree + haden and spillane going down on Monday night). It's rough but next man up. I still think we might go one and done but honestly my expectations were really low with Ben coming off his tommy john injury so a playoff run would be a bonus.

Soldato
some massive injuries (bush and Dupree + haden and spillane going down on Monday night). It's rough but next man up. I still think we might go one and done but honestly my expectations were really low with Ben coming off his tommy john injury so a playoff run would be a bonus.

they've coped well with all the injuries thrown at them, even those they got during the game, but they only managed 21 yds rushing :eek:

Soldato
Unfortunately, years of disappointment as a Redsk... erm, WFT fan, mean that I didn't let myself enjoy that win. Right up to that final interception I kept telling myself 'don't enjoy this, we'll find a way to blow it!' Actually, I personally feel our D is legit. I think we're ranked in the top 5 and honestly, I felt we showed why. I get that the Steelers were not in good shape, but our D still showed what they can do. When they losen up to O a little, we can perhaps get some more wins.

The two wins we handed the Giants annoy me now. At the time I thought 'well, what will they really matter...' but of course, they're huge difference makers now.

Soldato
Actually, I personally feel our D is legit. I think we're ranked in the top 5 and honestly, I felt we showed why. I get that the Steelers were not in good shape, but our D still showed what they can do. When they losen up to O a little, we can perhaps get some more wins.

The two wins we handed the Giants annoy me now. At the time I thought 'well, what will they really matter...' but of course, they're huge difference makers now.

dline looks solid, think i saw they have 5 1st round picks in the roatation ?, with that defence hopefully they manage to snag someone decent for the oline iin the draft.

think washington are like the other teams in the division , amazed that there still in with a chance considering the inconsistancies.

Soldato
Most of the games, not so great this weekend. Another interesting W for the WFT, carried by our defence even more than last week! Seattle will be interesting for us next week. I'm not sure we'll be able to contain them...

Soldato
Most of the games, not so great this weekend. Another interesting W for the WFT, carried by our defence even more than last week! Seattle will be interesting for us next week. I'm not sure we'll be able to contain them...

not a weekend for kickers , washington got unlucky with seattle's previous loss to new york, as i think that's given them a wake up call.

Back
Top Bottom