Wine deals ready for Christmas

Soldato
Looking to stop up on a case or two of red ahead of Christmas, there's normally some decent offers going with the online-only lot but haven't come across a no-brainer yet. Best I've got is £60 off Naked Wines which makes it £62 for a case.

Any recommendations?

Soldato
better deals at supermarkets ?
tescos have 25% off 6, 8-10th Dec, was looking at their Barossa Ink and others.

Soldato
Naked wines case for £60 is probably rubbish. I would check out Vivino if you are after quality, plenty of well rated bottles under £10.

I've had the Naked wines case, (think I had a £75 off vouchers so it was around £50). It's pretty damn good. Significantly better than what you'll get from the supermarkets at that price point unless you can be bothered scouring the internet before you go.

Soldato
got folks to pick up some of this at tesco Il Passo Segreto Appassimento, Colle Marrone Appassimento, which was great, no longer stocked,

I'm not convinced by likes of naked/times collections, tend to end up with some rogue bottles.

https://imbibe.com/news/cutting-ties-what-a-no-deal-brexit-would-mean-for-the-uk-wine-trade/
suggests, like tescos boss, that stockpiling ongoing, and small foreign suppliers (not that i use them) won't be bothered with paperwork, post brexit.

Soldato
better deals at supermarkets ?
tescos have 25% off 6, 8-10th Dec, was looking at their Barossa Ink and others.

I reckon the Tim Adams Clare valley shiraz is better and better value, but it has a habit of mysteriously vanishing from the shelves come 25% offer time. The 2017 has grapes that would, on a better year have made it into the Aberfeldy

Back
Top Bottom