*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
The bug on the ghost town mission is a cracker , punch the glass to enter a building and get teleported back 100 metres ! Shooting every bit of glass out solves this. Also on another mission I could not talk to the npc and could not progress but saving the game and restarting fixed it.

Enjoyable game bugs aside.

Caporegime
Yeah few times I made what I thought were conversation choices only to have to go back and pick the top one anyway to progress - thought that a bit meh.
Unless the text is yellow it's just additional dialogue, some of the choices you get rail roaded into whatever anyway.

like someone said you can choose not to help panam at one point, but then she says something like " I knew you'd come along"
which means the dialogue choice there makes 0 difference, the only choice is to complete the quest or not.

I wish there was more stealth options in the game, it doesn't really feel like it's a choice because most mission areas are so small and enclosed.

I did find one where you raid a place with like 20 guys inside, but at the end of the mission you can escape through a semi hidden tunnel.

Now I'm wondering if going in that way was an option if you knew it was there, or if it would have been locked from the other side
mission spoiler for anyone who wants to test it.
It's the mission where panam or whatever nomad wants you to rescue the clan leader from scavs

Maybe you would have been rewarded for fully scoping out the joint before going in, but idk with how a lot of the game is.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not minding the game, finding the story quite good so far.

I havent messed with any graphics settings, at 1440 on my 3900X and 1080Ti. Just left them as it detected.

Decided to try the 'reddit hex patch' to see what it would do, its actually made quite a bit of cpu utilization difference... translates to about 5-3fps more in game.

Other stats are: gpu usage 99%, gpu memory 7046MB used, system ram 11604MB used.

Both screen shots were taken after loading the same save and driving about for a few minutes, centre of town.

Before
cpcpubeforehex.PNG

After (can actually see my before in this shot too)
cpcpuafterhex.PNG

So the hex patch does something!

Associate
So the stutter I get when driving could well be due to the Ryzen issue.

Should probably try this reddit patch, hadnt heard about it until today.

Anyone seen a vast improvement with it on a 3600?
Yeah it'll fix it, the game doesn't use SMT at stock :eek:. Tried the fix on a 2600 which increased the minimums by about 15-20fps.

Soldato
I've had a wonderful experience with Cyberpunk 2077. It been playing near perfect for me. Only seen one glitch otherwise it's been amazing to play and looks gorgeous for me at least.

They should've just released it on PC and waited to release on consoles next year, but they did get a lot of death threats so I guess if they didn't release people would moan then too. Sad but it's the way it is today.

Soldato
There are lots of bug in the PC version, most are not that obvious or game breaking. I have 33 hours now and am noticing them more now, that said I'm still enjoying the game. They should have released it as early access. Found a talking AI gun, its not a bad gun and is funny at first.

Soldato
I'm not minding the game, finding the story quite good so far.

I havent messed with any graphics settings, at 1440 on my 3900X and 1080Ti. Just left them as it detected.

Decided to try the 'reddit hex patch' to see what it would do, its actually made quite a bit of cpu utilization difference... translates to about 5-3fps more in game.

Other stats are: gpu usage 99%, gpu memory 7046MB used, system ram 11604MB used.

Both screen shots were taken after loading the same save and driving about for a few minutes, centre of town.

Before
cpcpubeforehex.PNG

After (can actually see my before in this shot too)
cpcpuafterhex.PNG

So the hex patch does something!

For me, the biggest benefit of doing it has been frame times and reduced hitching.

This afternoon as been flawless experience for me.

MCBevHV.png

Soldato
I will say this, I've played this more than most single player games I've played in years. My biggest issue is the predictability and dumb AI in single player games. Sadly that may not change in my lifetime and I'm a long way from retirement!

Caporegime
OP
Cyberpunk 2077 isn't clocking correctly with my GPU... RTX 2070 should be clocking up to 2050mhz, with a lower voltage setting as per my msi profile. But instead it's only going up to 1800, but volts are above 1.0! No other game is doing this, even Red Dead 2 works as it should.

Associate
Ignoring his Cyberpunk video (which, again, I've not seen). Previous videos of his that I attempted to watch consist of him complaining about something and nothing else, focusing on individual parts and just slating games for the heck of it. I too have been around the PC gaming scene for a couple of decades, does it matter? No.

He's just a contrived idiot who blabbers on with no real direction in his 'reviews', a man child. In my opinion anyway.

I've watched a lot of his videos and none are fairly characterized by this so at this stage I'd just have to call you on it and ask what video you actually watched that was like this to see if either that was out of character for him, or if you're being hyperbolic. His videos from what I've seen of them rarely focus on just one thing, he covers most aspects of the games, menus/options, visuals, game play, audio etc.

Associate
what's peoples thoughts on the vertical aspect of the map, Is it something they plan to unlock further down the line?

I see all these really high skyscrapers and flying cars but can't get up there. I know someone said you can climb up on some rooftops but I don't seem to be able to get up there outside of some story missions.

Or am I missing something fairly obvious here?

Soldato
I don't understand how the reviewers all get similar fps (without the hex editor, or any config changes)

My 3080 and 5600x still will not go over 60 to 80 fps on 1080p with rtx off, they get it to over 150!.

My only small similarity is at 1440p but even them im 10+fps behind the benchmarks. 60-70 fps

What I find odd is that none of them have run into the same issue as me or many others where changing res has 0 impact. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and reinstalled the game. Id genuinelly consider getting a cheap 144hz 1080p monitor to play this at those kind of frames rather than my 1440p. If I could achieve them

V F

V F

Soldato
I've had a wonderful experience with Cyberpunk 2077. It been playing near perfect for me. Only seen one glitch otherwise it's been amazing to play and looks gorgeous for me at least.

They should've just released it on PC and waited to release on consoles next year, but they did get a lot of death threats so I guess if they didn't release people would moan then too. Sad but it's the way it is today.

That is so messed up. How the heck does one even send a death threat for a bloomin game let alone feel so threatened as a company by some moron(s) on the web? What the heck...

Soldato
I've watched a lot of his videos and none are fairly characterized by this so at this stage I'd just have to call you on it and ask what video you actually watched that was like this to see if either that was out of character for him, or if you're being hyperbolic. His videos from what I've seen of them rarely focus on just one thing, he covers most aspects of the games, menus/options, visuals, game play, audio etc.

Just managed to watch it (first meeting started at half past so got to 13:51 on the vid), and I was wrong. I fully expected his shouting, wailing and bell smashing none stop.

I am wrong, he hits the nail on the head in all aspects. Hmmm, I'll watch some other of his vids, maybe I just got a few of the bad ones.

Caporegime
Smart Pistols are beginning to get on my nerves, can cope with most weapons and enemies but now I'm hitting the Very Hard side missions they're ripping me to pieces.

I incorrectly said I had never watched one of his videos before earlier but his whinging tone stuck in my head from his HZD review. He attacked the game, he attacked reviewers for giving it scores he didn't agree with, he attacked console gamers and then he attacked people in his own comments section for disagreeing with his review. He seems to thrive on negativity, that is until he gets a dose of his own medicine.

That is so messed up. How the heck does one even send a death threat for a bloomin game let alone feel so threatened as a company by some moron(s) on the web? What the heck...
This game has nothing on the hate that Naughty Dog got for TLOU2 :o

Associate
94Wg83j.png

No investment in handguns, silencer on, no mods equipped
Crash is OP as hell

What in gods name am I looking at here, precisely?

what's peoples thoughts on the vertical aspect of the map, Is it something they plan to unlock further down the line?

In the minor scale in terms of small buildings, for example the gig missions can take place in buildings which are 3-5 stories tall with ingress and egress points at all sorts of different levels, which as a self contained side mission make them quite fun from that perspective. With regards to the larger sky scrapers, there are elevators to take you to higher floors in several different areas I've found so far, your apartment and lobby is way higher off ground level, there's elevators to really high areas from inside the Afterlife bar near the entrance, and just next to the entrance to Viktors place. But the areas they serve while really high up are very small, what i'd call secret areas.

Soldato
I don't understand how the reviewers all get similar fps (without the hex editor, or any config changes)

My 3080 and 5600x still will not go over 60 to 80 fps on 1080p with rtx off, they get it to over 150!.

My only small similarity is at 1440p but even them im 10+fps behind the benchmarks. 60-70 fps

What I find odd is that none of them have run into the same issue as me or many others where changing res has 0 impact. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and reinstalled the game. Id genuinelly consider getting a cheap 144hz 1080p monitor to play this at those kind of frames rather than my 1440p. If I could achieve them

vsync?

Soldato
The bug on the ghost town mission is a cracker , punch the glass to enter a building and get teleported back 100 metres ! Shooting every bit of glass out solves this.
Came across this last night, that was my first true wtf moment. It was a really unexpected bug.

Also that whole bit is so dumb I dont know why they just didn't have the door without the skill requirement. You are effectively breaking into a garden shed after all

Back
Top Bottom