• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
Nabbed myself an Asrock RX 6800 XT Taichi for £739.85 over the weekend, from a competitor.

Just happened to be browsing as it became available for all of about 10 seconds. The only reason I was browsing was because my son wants a 3080 for his birthday in January and we were just about to have a look at the various cards and my browser opened on the competitors page when I fired it up (opens last tabs from previous session).

A tad more than I wanted to pay but with limited availability for the foreseeable future I decided to just go for it. The rest of my system is all Gigabyte so would have prefered one to match but hey ho, it'll do.

Has already shipped, via UPS, for delivery Wednesday. I'm not a fan of UPS, much prefer DPD as their system picks up my name and address and automatically routes it to a Drop Off Shop so I don't have to be in when delivered, but it is what it is, as long as it gets here.

I suspect it will be down to luck than any other strategy. I got a 3080 when Xmas shopping on ManyTrees but it's not shipping until Jan and it's actually a gigabyte aorus extreme which will be really hard to fit in my ITX case.

Associate
Nabbed myself an Asrock RX 6800 XT Taichi for £739.85 over the weekend, from a competitor.

Just happened to be browsing as it became available for all of about 10 seconds. The only reason I was browsing was because my son wants a 3080 for his birthday in January and we were just about to have a look at the various cards and my browser opened on the competitors page when I fired it up (opens last tabs from previous session).

A tad more than I wanted to pay but with limited availability for the foreseeable future I decided to just go for it. The rest of my system is all Gigabyte so would have prefered one to match but hey ho, it'll do.

Has already shipped, via UPS, for delivery Wednesday. I'm not a fan of UPS, much prefer DPD as their system picks up my name and address and automatically routes it to a Drop Off Shop so I don't have to be in when delivered, but it is what it is, as long as it gets here.

Oofff thats a lot. The new radeon cards are great though. i think i overpaid for my 6800 (£599) but im incredibly happy with it. i plan to keep it for a long time!

enjoy the card!

Associate
Oofff thats a lot. The new radeon cards are great though. i think i overpaid for my 6800 (£599) but im incredibly happy with it. i plan to keep it for a long time!

enjoy the card!

Still £60 cheaper than OCUK and delivery scheduled for Wednesday (tracking on the UPS website shows that they have collected it), so I'm not complaining too much. As I said, a tad more than I wanted to pay, but if I waited for prices to fall, with a decent amount of stock available to actually be able to buy at will, I could be waiting a very long time. Sometimes it is better to just bite the bullet and take what you can, within reason of course.

My son has decided what he wants, 3080 wise, but that will just be a case of luck on the day when I randomly have a look. He is happy to wait as he currently has a 2080. Who says lightning can't strike twice?

Signing up for notifications is pretty pointless imo as by the time you get them everything has pretty much gone unless you are very very lucky. I signed him up for them but don't expect much joy. Hopefully Gibbo will give us a heads up as to when OCUK will be putting a few up and I happen to be on line at the time.

Associate
ASROCK PHANTOM GAMING D 16G OC 6900xt for sale on competitor site right now for £1,148.39 free shipping lol.

And a
SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 6900 XT for £1,069.19

Also GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 3080 XTREME WATERFORCE with a 850w PSU for £1,231.74 :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
This, it's the answer to that other thread - When will GPUs return to normal pricing. Never, when people consume like this.
The weird thing is, the scarcity appears to be prompting people to try to buy more than just one :p "Better get one for my mate; better get one for my daughter; better get one for my dog."

At least you hear that a lot :p Maybe "mate", "daughter", "dog" is code for eBay :p

But it seems to have become something of a game, where the excitement of buying something rare is causing people to lose their freaking minds :p

Soldato
The weird thing is, the scarcity appears to be prompting people to try to buy more than just one :p "Better get one for my mate; better get one for my daughter; better get one for my dog."

At least you hear that a lot :p Maybe "mate", "daughter", "dog" is code for eBay :p

But it seems to have become something of a game, where the excitement of buying something rare is causing people to lose their freaking minds :p
Yes, you see ‘I have my card just need to get my [son/daughter/brother] one now’ quite a lot... I’m sure some are legitimate but also sure a fair amount are just bare faced lying :p

Associate
ASROCK PHANTOM GAMING D 16G OC 6900xt for sale on competitor site right now for £1,148.39 free shipping lol.

And a
SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 6900 XT for £1,069.19

Also GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 3080 XTREME WATERFORCE with a 850w PSU for £1,231.74 :D

I'm so desperate for a 6800 XT I would get the Sapphire 6900 XT to be honest but I can't see it available anywhere :confused:

Associate
I did have the button ready to press on an RTX EVGA 3070 FTW Ultra for £700 delivery included which is obviously on the slightly high side but I didn't go for it in the end.

Associate
I would have already if I hadn't changed my screen for a 38' ultrawide last month, naively thinking that I will have a 6800 XT along with it to enjoy gaming in 3840x1600...

Associate
Still £60 cheaper than OCUK and delivery scheduled for Wednesday (tracking on the UPS website shows that they have collected it), so I'm not complaining too much. As I said, a tad more than I wanted to pay, but if I waited for prices to fall, with a decent amount of stock available to actually be able to buy at will, I could be waiting a very long time. Sometimes it is better to just bite the bullet and take what you can, within reason of course.

My son has decided what he wants, 3080 wise, but that will just be a case of luck on the day when I randomly have a look. He is happy to wait as he currently has a 2080. Who says lightning can't strike twice?

Signing up for notifications is pretty pointless imo as by the time you get them everything has pretty much gone unless you are very very lucky. I signed him up for them but don't expect much joy. Hopefully Gibbo will give us a heads up as to when OCUK will be putting a few up and I happen to be on line at the time.

yeah fair enough. i had a limit of £500 to upgrade from my 5700xt but i was totally drawn in by the FOMO. I got lucky and ordered it from here.

Im lucky enough that my son can have my cast offs, so hes gone from a RX570 to my 5700xt

Soldato
I'm with you. I've been running benchmarks of 2015 games on my RX 5700 XT to tell myself I don't need anything else, hahaha

That's key, play older games

I'm actually going to pack my PC away for a few weeks and remove some built in wardrobes and do a bit of renovation work in January, hopefully by mid February when it's finished availability and pricing might be better, if not then meh

Soldato
https://videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-announces-radeon-rx-6800-xt-pricing-aorus-master-for-899-usd

GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6800 XT AORUS MASTER: 899 USD

GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6800 XT GAMING OC: 849 USD

GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6800 AORUS MASTER: 719 USD

ba2c67fcf810ea6aada3c967368440bd.gif

Back
Top Bottom