*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Big Mission spoiler - Streetkid after completing the Heist mission before the prologue
If you carry out the whole mission without alerting guards and ending up in a shootout, does Jackie live instead of dieing in the Delamain cab?
I spent hours trying to not alert guards but ended up sacking it off and going out guns blazing quite close to the end.
If he lives, wouldnt that change the story quite a lot?

Associate
Big Mission spoiler - Streetkid after completing the Heist mission before the prologue
If you carry out the whole mission without alerting guards and ending up in a shootout, does Jackie live instead of dieing in the Delamain cab?
I spent hours trying to not alert guards but ended up sacking it off and going out guns blazing quite close to the end.
If he lives, wouldnt that change the story quite a lot?

Nope, no way to save him, doesn't matter how you approach the mission

Associate
Guessing many know this already but the game has a memory leak, played most of the day and performance was getting worse, was getting 60fps in the wide open area, , quick restart framerate was back up to 90fps.

Running 1.04, they have a lot to fix in the game....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't understand how the reviewers all get similar fps (without the hex editor, or any config changes)

My 3080 and 5600x still will not go over 60 to 80 fps on 1080p with rtx off, they get it to over 150!.

My only small similarity is at 1440p but even them im 10+fps behind the benchmarks. 60-70 fps

What I find odd is that none of them have run into the same issue as me or many others where changing res has 0 impact. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and reinstalled the game. Id genuinelly consider getting a cheap 144hz 1080p monitor to play this at those kind of frames rather than my 1440p. If I could achieve them

Similar here - almost no performance difference changing resolution and it is mostly sitting at 70-80 FPS. Something with the game isn't running right.

Soldato
Unless the text is yellow it's just additional dialogue, some of the choices you get rail roaded into whatever anyway.

like someone said you can choose not to help panam at one point, but then she says something like " I knew you'd come along"
which means the dialogue choice there makes 0 difference, the only choice is to complete the quest or not.

That does bother me, why have any other choices if you can effectively only make one to progress the game. Weird choice from CDPR.

Associate
Similar here - almost no performance difference changing resolution and it is mostly sitting at 70-80 FPS. Something with the game isn't running right.

Today, more as a test...I limited the power limit of my 3090 to 90%, which in turn dropped the Clock speed from 2000mhz or so, to 1890-1920mhz and it made 0 difference to the FPS which I found odd.....did it in game so I could see if it made a difference on the fly and it didnt one bit.....it also sits at 95% usage instead of 99% no matter what I do.

Soldato
people fooled themselves into thinking every character in the game would have it's own real AI or something.. I mean yea you could probably do that for about 1 person in the game with machine learning if you wanted to devote 75% of your cpu to simulations.

Whilst your exaggeration of "machine learning full AI" does just enough to cover this as an excuse, people did not "fool themselves" on the point about the weak NPCs and lack of NPC variety, behaviours etc... CDPR literally said that there would be in an interview. Just google "cdpr 1000s of unique npcs article" and you'll easily find references to it in all the various gaming sites. They claimed 1000s of unique NPCs who would each have their own complete daily routine and series of bespoke interactions...

I'm sure people in here are going to say that he's not their cup of tea but Jim Sterling's video this week is pretty good I think - it's not a review or discussion of the game itself so much but more a discussion of how ridiculous the discourse around major game releases has always been (and this is no exception)

Associate

Yeah I did a test and turned my settings down to 1080/medium (lol it looks like horrid) and my FPS wouldn't go higher than around 80, yet when I go back to 4k ultra with RTX, I'm getting around 50-55fps..

I'm using a 3090, and an 9900KS

Associate
I'm still getting weird FPS behaviour. Stood outside getting 25fps, "well that's not right". Shut down game, reload game, back to 55+.

No game breaking bugs, got the 'pistol in Jackie's head' one. Only just got to Keanu, I'm sure that cut scene was a good 20mins long.

Oh, I did have on hilarious bug though. I got out of my car earlier, and it just floated away. Just slowly floated up into the sky and disappeared. Oh, also after the leaving the apartment after Keanu turns up, my trousers disappeared, even though I'd equipt them.

Back
Top Bottom