*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Soldato
Anyone else get the short clipped locking sound these last few updates? As well as sharp increases and decreases in volume at random times when typing and (again) when locking? I’ve seen a few mentions on the Internet and it’s happened across my XS Max and now my 12 Pro Max as well.

Soldato
Where is the 'delete' option when swipping left in the iOS mail app.

Pretty sure I'd set this to delete instead of archive in the previous iOS versions, but it seems to be missing in 14.

That setting is buried. Settings > Mail > Accounts > (tap account email) > (tap account email again) > Advanced > Move Discarded Messages into Deleted Mailbox and you're done!

Soldato
I think that must be a default setting for some but not all providers like gmail.

When I swipe left on an iCloud it deletes and gmail it archives. I’ve not changed the defaults on either.

Soldato
Hello all, I have a iPhone 7 and the other day it updated when I didn’t want to update it as previously it was on iOS 13.2z.

the message popped up on the screen while I was on the Home Screen and as I clicked an app I clicked the install now button with no way of stopping it.

since this has happened the battery seems to be going down rapidly, I stuck it on charge and it went to 33% then I loaded a YouTube video for a few mins which then dropped it to 24%.

I have restarted my phone and also left it on in case it was doing other things in the background but still happens.

any suggestions on how to resolve it?

thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
It gives you the option to set your Bluetooth devices to ‘car stereo’ etc which I hope - like really, really hope - stops those damn big brother audio notifications that turn down your music/volume to ‘protect your hearing’.

I’ve set all my devices to car stereo, so I hope that’s the end of it.

Last edited:
Soldato
It gives you the option to set your Bluetooth devices to ‘car stereo’ etc which I hope - like really, really hope - stops those damn big brother audio notifications that turn down your music/volume to ‘protect your hearing’.

I’ve set all my devices to car stereo, so I hope that’s the end of it.
Did it work? I've seen it but have yet to change my headphones. As a user with partial hearing loss, it was SO annoying.

Back
Top Bottom