• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Most reliable GPU fan?

Soldato
I have a MSI GTX1050 Aero and I think the fan and it makes intermittent fan sound like a grinding, so I guess the bearings have gone. Once I unplugged the GPU fan, peace and comfort was restored. The only problem with this model is it won't let me run below 35% fan speed in Afterburner and I'm not willing to flash the BIOS. So right now, as it's cold, I'm running passively. Only took 5mins to reach 90C, but i've stopped playing games anyway.

I had an MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr before that and the fan also had fan issues regarding the bearings.

Are all GPU's like this and the bearings eventually wear out and need replacing?

Any GPU's known for better fan reliability? Thinking about getting a GTX1650 but may stay away from MSI this time. Perhaps it's just an issue with their lower end models?

Back
Top Bottom