• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Had my first crash last night while playing Astros Playroom. it was an odd one, the game froze for a second and then I got kicked out of the game with an error screen, however when I then clicked back on the game it opened back up exactly where I was like nothing had happened!

Soldato
I would hypothetically notify them. :)

Hypothetically, what would you do if they insisted they hadn't made a mistake and they never delivered (confirmed by their 'system')the item despite being informed by yourself they had.

Had my first crash last night while playing Astros Playroom. it was an odd one, the game froze for a second and then I got kicked out of the game with an error screen, however when I then clicked back on the game it opened back up exactly where I was like nothing had happened!
Had similar actually. Was playing Detroit and I went on to the home screen and checked what version of Destiny I had installed, it had a system crash but then I went straight back into the game as you did. I wodner if that was the equivalent of an "explorere.exe" crash where by nothing else is affected. If it had crashed in the game itself the option to send a video would be present.

Associate
I don’t understand why they refund to an account balance rather than payment card (well, I do understand - they want to hold on to the cash).
That's not a refund and wouldn't be acceptable to me. Demand a real refund and if they refuse then dispute it with your credit/debit card provider, they'll probably get a lovely £15 chargeback processing fee too.

Soldato
Game order arrived yesterday. Box is not battered in any way, but they had just put the Spiderman game on the top of the PS5 carton, again no padding at all to be seen anyway

Soldato
Hmm...not had any email from them at all apart from initial order confirmation. My page 404’d when making payment, wonder if that’s what they are using to justify cancelling order, but that’s deeply anti-consumer if so. They’re impossible to get hold of as well, and I don’t understand why they refund to an account balance rather than payment card (well, I do understand - they want to hold on to the cash). Just weird I’ve had no contact at all.

That's not a refund and wouldn't be acceptable to me. Demand a real refund and if they refuse then dispute it with your credit/debit card provider, they'll probably get a lovely £15 chargeback processing fee too.

You need to be careful with chargebacks through your provider unfortunately companies take a dim view of it and not good things happen. If its someone big likes Sony you don't want to take a chance of your account being blocked from spending with them. Edit briefly looking probably not Sony.

Last edited:
Soldato
You need to be careful with chargebacks through your provider unfortunately companies take a dim view of it and not good things happen. If its someone big likes Sony you don't want to take a chance of your account being blocked from spending with them. Edit briefly looking probably not Sony.
It was Shopto he was talking about.

Soldato
My PS5 pad has developed a strange stick drift symptom where the right stick causes the player to turn left in a continuous circle (or the camera to pan around on 3rd person games).

Very annoying as it isnt slow or minor - its very noticable when playing and has to be quite aggressively corrected. It also appears to be intermittent but it is definitely becoming more frequent and is present across all games.

Anyone else had this? Any idea of the cause? Seems really odd to have it happen on an almost new pad (probably less than 30hrs use). Is it likely to be hardware or could it be related to pad updates?

Associate
I probably know the answer to this question, but . Does anyone know if anymore stock of PS5's are coming before Christmas? My work colleague has a disabled son and wants to get him one for Christmas. I did say there is not much chance of that but I would look around. He also won't deal with terrorists (scalpers).

Cheers

Soldato
I probably know the answer to this question, but . Does anyone know if anymore stock of PS5's are coming before Christmas? My work colleague has a disabled son and wants to get him one for Christmas. I did say there is not much chance of that but I would look around. He also won't deal with terrorists (scalpers).

Cheers

You might get lucky but you have to scour websites and be fast if you want to secure one - use something like stockinformer and set up some alerts. Some people mentioning here that they got lucky walking into GAME stores and picking one up. You never know. Most places are saying stock next year.

Associate
Gamebyte emailed me inviting me to join a raffle for £1 to earn the right to purchase a digital edition ps5
However they are selling as a bundle for £650. Frustrating that even retailers are effectively scalping by adding stuff no one wants at inflated prices

Associate
You might get lucky but you have to scour websites and be fast if you want to secure one - use something like stockinformer and set up some alerts. Some people mentioning here that they got lucky walking into GAME stores and picking one up. You never know. Most places are saying stock next year.
Thank you, I will have a look at stockinformer.

Soldato
Gamebyte emailed me inviting me to join a raffle for £1 to earn the right to purchase a digital edition ps5
However they are selling as a bundle for £650. Frustrating that even retailers are effectively scalping by adding stuff no one wants at inflated prices

What is the combined value of the £650 bundle they are selling?

Associate
What is the combined value of the £650 bundle they are selling?
I make it around £585 based on rrp
PS5DE £360
Controller £60
HD Camera £50
Media remote £25
Rob Rivera cable guy device holder £15
Fortnite last laugh £25
PS Plus 12 month £50
My prices could be wrong though
I doubt I'd ever consider buying any of the extras

Back
Top Bottom