*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
@weldon855 Took me a while to see the pipes you meant, that's mad. I'll put that parameter at 100 and see what happens around the city, IMO 100 technically should be the max value for most values.
yeah it's not really a fix as I think it breaks the rest of the world for me as it fights fro vram. There is quite a lot of shuffling going on with vram. I can't really do much more testing as I only have 8gb.
I'm just messing with it to see if there is anything that impacts this reduction in rendered detail so close to the main character.
here are the images from my original post. If you track the detail in the fans and pipes as the distance increases. Would be interesting to see if someone with a 3090 sees the same loss of detail or if its scaled better for them. Would be worth an upgrade in that case.
Thanks again for the link by the way, I had been searching for witcher 3 commands to see if any of them worked.
ZmtZfak.jpg
t4ti6P7.jpg
vsjosMB.png
rCMjKxk.png
TYavzKz.png
DS1dZ4s.png

V F

V F

Soldato
Given all of these tweaks that have been found, have CDPR reduced the performance to cater for lesser machines and somehow introduced even more issues in the process?

It doesn't use all of your RAM, or even close to it, but the frame rate definitely plummets and stays low until you reload a save or restart the game. At least that's what happens for me on an i9-9900K with 32GB and an 2080 RTX. It's about the only annoyance I have with how it runs tbh.

What on earth?... Memory leaks I'm guessing. That causes the drop in framerate. Imagine it did eat up 32GB. :eek:

Caporegime
What on earth?... Memory leaks I'm guessing. That causes the drop in framerate. Imagine it did eat up 32GB. :eek:
When I've looked in task manager, the highest it's been, with a few Chrome tabs open in the background, is about 14GB. Haven't checked my VRAM so arknor could be correct and it's RTX causing the issue. I've already played for well over 50 hours and I've had to restart 4 or 5 times so it's not a massive problem, just annoying having to do it.

Assassins Creed 3 was an absolute mess compared to this and a lot of the bugs in that game were never fixed because Ubisoft wanted to spent their time on paid DLC. This game has been nothing like that in my experience, but at least with CDPR they'll try and fix the issues for free. Really feel I've been very lucky to have so few issues compared to others.

Soldato
yeah it's not really a fix as I think it breaks the rest of the world for me as it fights fro vram. There is quite a lot of shuffling going on with vram. I can't really do much more testing as I only have 8gb.
I'm just messing with it to see if there is anything that impacts this reduction in rendered detail so close to the main character.
here are the images from my original post. If you track the detail in the fans and pipes as the distance increases. Would be interesting to see if someone with a 3090 sees the same loss of detail or if its scaled better for them. Would be worth an upgrade in that case.
Thanks again for the link by the way, I had been searching for witcher 3 commands to see if any of them worked.
ZmtZfak.jpg
t4ti6P7.jpg
vsjosMB.png
rCMjKxk.png
TYavzKz.png
DS1dZ4s.png
How does the rest of the game world break?
When you tested this setting was the framerate smooth or was it stuttering?

Soldato
Wow they really dropped the ball when it comes to key binds and the interface - nothing in the menus for inventory? and just have to guess it is I (which isn't a huge stretch of imagination but still) then randomly you are expected to use R for an action again not in the binding menu and for my setup that is 2/3rds of the way from the keys I'm using... stuff like this is just really amature hour ****. Combat is just incredibly meh as well.

I'm pretty shocked by keyboard controls too. It's like they didn't play test the game on a keyboard and just filled in mappings they thought would be suitable. At least I can change them I guess.

The menu is a complete joke and a mess as well. The frustration I have navigating through various sections is ridiculous.

Soldato
I'm pretty shocked by keyboard controls too. It's like they didn't play test the game on a keyboard and just filled in mappings they thought would be suitable. At least I can change them I guess.

The menu is a complete joke and a mess as well. The frustration I have navigating through various sections is ridiculous.

Makes me feel better, thought I was just getting old! ;)

Associate
How does the rest of the game world break?
When you tested this setting was the framerate smooth or was it stuttering?
when driving detail further away is sacrificed for getting more detail up close. 600 was too extreme obviously. I suspect there is a memory pool size but I can't really test anything as I only have 8GB vram. The streaming config is only one part of how they are managing the memory allocation. I'm not familiar enough with this to figure out what they are doing to cull the details at set distances so just messing with it for now.

Associate
My gun just disappeared mid fire fight, just straight out of my hands, which as nice.

Would also really appreciate it if police didn't turn up and shoot me whilst I'm in a mission killing bad guys.

Soldato
So according to the investors call the game didn't have QA, just programmers playing the game in their spare time. LMAO

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kdemr1/cd_projekt_red_emergency_board_call_recording/

Yes I was lazy and read a summary
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/c...q?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Sounds like the sad state of business these days with a middle management layer of ‘yes men’ who don’t listen to those beneath them and expect it to all come together magically. Amazing about the testing/QA, no wonder it’s in such a bad state.
It’s scarily similar sounding to like 90% of the IT system rollouts I’ve been part of for the last 6+ years where work ethics have noticeably changed for the worse.

Soldato
Sounds like the sad state of business these days with a middle management layer of ‘yes men’ who don’t listen to those beneath them and expect it to all come together magically. Amazing about the testing/QA, no wonder it’s in such a bad state.

Sadly this has always been the case in the gaming industry. At least the last 12 odd years I worked in it. The stories I used to hear about ceos and managers just spending all their bonuses on cocaine or doing stupid **** was insane. The amount of sexual harassment is too.

Soldato
Sadly this has always been the case in the gaming industry. At least the last 12 odd years I worked in it. The stories I used to hear about ceos and managers just spending all their bonuses on cocaine or doing stupid **** was insane. The amount of sexual harassment is too.

Doesn't surprise me... I worked for one summer at EA as a QA tester, initially did a few weeks at their main HQ testing a NFS game on the Nintendo DS (it wasn't great) and then got moved to Lionhead where I did localisation testing for Black & White 2 (that's where I happened to bump into Molyneux, who was horrible). But I remember the room where all the QA people were sat in a circle of desks, and then the room next door had a couple of the developers in it, and the guy "leading" the QA team was set next to me. Huge bloke, spent 99% of the day either playing WoW in plain sight or stood outside smoking a pipe, I literally never saw him do anything that looked like work the whole summer... drove a pretty fancy car, imagine he was partying and whatnot in the evenings... He had the gall to occasionally chastise us for not testing properly "you're not meant to just be playing the game, just testing" - which I guess he convinced himself counted as earning his keep?

Soldato
You'll find a lot of managers are from the "old days" who have been around so long they sort of get away with doing anything. Whilst this is the case you get the opposite aswell where newer people get a role and then are expected to do multiple roles so you end up with one person carrying way too much responsibility.

He had the gall to occasionally chastise us for not testing properly "you're not meant to just be playing the game, just testing" - which I guess he convinced himself counted as earning his keep?

This is crazy because part of the QA process is to play through the game at some point. I can understand that kind of comment if you do get someone who is literally just playing the game without the intent to bug issues. Yes I've observed people doing this multiple times.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I'm 34 hours into the game, I've done a mix of main and side quests and a whole lot of just following interest points on the map.

My experience of Cyberpunk so far is that it feels like I've played it before, nothing feels new. It's like a mix of GTA and Far Cry only it doesn't quite feel as well refined as those games. For example cars dont drive aswell as GTA, night city feels like GTA5 but more clumbsy and difficult to navigate. The first person gunplay doesn't feel quite as satisfying and fluid as Far Cry (yes I know Cyberpunk is an RPG, but its built to play like an fps...)

It also needs quality of life adjustments. The UI, map, item menus and journal all need an overhaul because it's difficult to follow what quests what and where it is on the map because all markers look alike. The enemies, knowing whose who and what the markers mean, how do the police work etc. Knowing how to do things, what you can and can't do in stealth mode, menus seem hidden in strange places, how to craft, where to find items you need, who the hell is the person calling you and WHY are they calling you.. etc.

There's a lot of fun in the game but it's sad that it took me like 20 hours in to get to grips with how to play and how the game works. But my biggest gripe with the game and the one I'm most surprised about so far, is how poorly the story progresses and the lack of a substantial introduction to it's world for the player. There's very little organic flow to character introductions, the people that call you for jobs, of story events, of why V's motivated to do the things he does etc etc. There's no agency in the protagonist until Jonnhy Silverhand comes along (which saved V's character because he was downright generic until that part).

I think this might be more of a personal preference thing but I genuinely don't think the first-person perspective has helped story and narration at all. CDPR's main strengths, what they excell at, is story telling, world building and atmosphere. So far I'm only seeing it in bits and pieces. Personally I think story events and character driven moments in the game would have worked so much better if they were done in third person, cinematic style. Like leave the gameplay first-person but animate the cutscenes in the style of Witcher 3. I actually thought this was how it was going to be done because of the gameplay footage they released last year when you do the mission with Jackie and he's bleeding out in the car? It was all animated cinematically and looked great. Now it just feels like I'm playing Far Cry, events don't hold the weight they should and I feel like I'm missing the heart of the story and it's characters.

I know this is negative. It's certainly not a bad game, it's just very different to what I was expecting, no doubt due to the insane hype over the game. Needless to say, after settling down with the game and resetting my expectations, I'm enjoying it for what it is now. I think I'm about half way through the game and I'm looking forward to completing it and seeing what else it'll throw at me. It's just, when comparing it to the standards that the Witcher 3 set, this falls short by quite a bit. It's hindered by iffy design decisions and gameplay systems that needed longer in development.

Back
Top Bottom