Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
I'm the same. Had a proper go last night, managed about 3 and a half hours and really enjoyed it. Not had any bugs that are problematic, and I'm finding the story quite enjoyable so far. I only paid £39.99 for it from MS as I had £10 reward points to use.

I understand what some are saying about bugs and the previous consoles, but on Series X the game looks pretty good and it runs well enough. I don't feel like I have to refund as I'm having fun with it right now.

Yeah its quite good on the PS5 and Series x , I was enjoying it but I feel like I want to play it when most bugs and graphical glitches are fixed, even on the next gen consoles there are tons of graphical glitches if you look close enough and HDR is completely broken. I didn't feel paying full price I should have to wait for patches to fix so much stuff.

Associate
I'm 12 hours in and still wanting to play it every night. But it certainly is the most buggy game I've personally ever played, although it's never crashed outright on me. Just stuff floating, weird physics, subtitles and weapon cards remaining on screen etc. The AI also is brain dead..

But I do think it's the best realized and visually impressive open world so far; the feeling of being in a real city is unmatched and the way there are so many levels and different routes around the place is groundbreaking from a design POV.

Another 3 month delay and things might have been so different.

Soldato
But I do think it's the best realized and visually impressive open world so far; the feeling of being in a real city is unmatched and the way there are so many levels and different routes around the place is groundbreaking from a design POV.

Interesting you say that as, the criticism I have heard being leveraged against the game is, whilst the world looks pretty, it's pretty much lifeless when you get down to the nitty gritty. Nothing is really open, and feeling alive, and NCP's are dull.

I personally felt this was the case although my playtime was very limited.

Soldato
I have just bought it to play on my PS5 over xmas.. I have read a few user reviews along with some others and apparently it gets the best compromise of frame rate and resolution. With any luck there will be a new patch before i get to play to iron out some of the more problematic bugs.

Soldato
It’s mainly the crashes now that are putting me off playing. I’m gonna put it on the back burner for now and wait for the next patch.

Other than the crashes , I’m enjoying the story. And the content. :) it can wait though I got other stuff I want to play first.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm amazed its getting 4/10s on any console. Reviewers seem to completely ignore bugs and issues with games these days. "Really good game plagued by bugs and crashes" 9/10. One of the reasons its hard to trust game reviewers.

Associate
I'm amazed its getting 4/10s on any console. Reviewers seem to completely ignore bugs and issues with games these days. "Really good game plagued by bugs and crashes" 9/10. One of the reasons its hard to trust game reviewers.

Aside from the occasional crash, I have played it without issue on PS5 (knowing its the PS4 pro version currently). Even remote play works surprisingly well on iPhone / Laptop. I don't doubt the experience is awful on base PS4 / Xbone. They simply don't have the hardware capable of running this game and the only real mistake is CDPR not pulling this from that generation. Pure oversight to think they could dumb down the engine enough to give such old tech a chance to run it - very wishful thinking. I'd have happily waited for the full patch on PS5.

Soldato
This game should not have been released on base old gen consoles. This will simply never be forgotten. Based on video reviews that I have seen this is like the biggest unfinished AAA game ever. The damage to CD Project Red reputation has been done and will take years if ever to recover.

Caporegime
So the IGN review is in for base PS4/Xbox one.....and it’s not good...

4/10

:o

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-for-xbox-one-and-playstation-4-review

It's criminal that this is only made known 4 days after release. I'd love to see them sued for fraud or something the way they hid it and achieved record sales, it's not something I would like to see become a trend.

Reviewers should refuse to review if there are any conditions attached they're meant to be independent journalists not a contracted arm of the publishers marketing team.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
I would be stunned if anyone plays and enjoys the game on last gen consoles. Prime example of when money comes above everything else. They should have treated it like GTA5 and supported it for a long time to make their money rather than hoping people will put up with the current **** show.

Soldato
The game has major issues on current gen consoles too. It’s not just last gen performance that’s the issue but it seems to be the focus. The game runs and looks ok ish on current gen but the amount of bugs and Ai issues found are way above anything else and completely unacceptable. The game on all platforms was not ready and it should have been delayed a lot longer. But when you have mass pre-orders literally 8 million guaranteed sales why would they. Especially as they lied about it’s state on PS4 & Xbox to their own share holders to not loose money.

What’s really needed is as many people as possible to refund the game and to stop pre ordering games based on hype.

like that will happen.....lol..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom