*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
So according to the investors call the game didn't have QA, just programmers playing the game in their spare time. LMAO

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kdemr1/cd_projekt_red_emergency_board_call_recording/

Yes I was lazy and read a summary
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/c...q?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Sounds like there wasn't any type of testing, and as I thought it doesn't look like any of the deeper issue like NPC's / AI Scripting will be fully finished ever! I guess they will fix the major bugs on consoles over the coming months, release some DLC but don't think we will ever see what was promised years ago. Multiplayer will be similar to GTA V but i am sure that will be a complete mess with greif and hackers.

However NEXUS mods will do something like they did with Skyrim, so hopefully we can all get what we dreamed of police chases, more stealth and better NPC interaction.

Last edited:
Associate
Egyoke....you've summed up my thoughts exactly....regardless of the bugs etc...which I actually dont experience much, but I know a lot do.

They've missed the mark on what made the Witcher 3 so good, in terms of Story development, character development and world building...expecting me to know a lot of whats going on and who people are without introducing me to them or the mechanics of the game.

Also...I prefer 3rd person....so I wish it was 3rd person...but thats just a personal opinion rather than a criticism

Soldato
This is crazy because part of the QA process is to play through the game at some point. I can understand that kind of comment if you do get someone who is literally just playing the game without the intent to bug issues. Yes I've observed people doing this multiple times.

Yeah the original briefing prior to being moved to Lionhead and not given by that guy was that we were supposed to be doing a mixture. In my case I didn't speak any other languages (a curious tester for localisation!) so what I was told to do was essentially - play through the game and pay particular attention to whether or not the text being spoken by the advisors matched up to the captions when subtitles are on. Initially they gave me a dev menu that I could use to force certain situations (so for instance at first I was concentrating on the intro + outro to each level by triggering the success/failure state of each mission, but eventually I had to move on to trying to catch the things the advisors would say mid-game). I was to log any instances where they didn't match, but since I'd have to play the game anyway to do this they also wanted me to report any other organic bugs I found whilst playing... So that's what I did, and to be honest getting paid to play Black and White 2 was fun, I worked my way through the whole game 3 or 4 times over. But this guy seemed to think it wasn't okay for me to enjoy doing it or something?

Associate
@Digital X I settled for this for the time being rather than the mindistance.

[Streaming]
DistanceBoost = 150.000000

It stops items from disappearing close to you which is good enough for me at the moment.
I still can't figure out how they are transitioning from high detail mesh to low detail meshes.
There seems to be ~4 levels of detail transitions at different distances some of which a quite close.

Soldato
@weldon855
I vaguely remember some yes, there were hundreds of these dumped into a pastebin. I'll have a look.

Actually, have the paste: https://pastebin.com/mg5Mh3sV You can safely put the entire thing into a user.ini and then fiddle around with what parameters make sense.

This just caught my eye.

[Traffic]
DisableLOD = true

Best to make that false, so LODs show up.

Thanks for the info! Just found my most wanted tweak: having the bloody textures actually load properly!!! :eek: :D

[Rendering/AsyncCompute]
DynamicTexture = false

Soldato
Egyoke....you've summed up my thoughts exactly....regardless of the bugs etc...which I actually dont experience much, but I know a lot do.

They've missed the mark on what made the Witcher 3 so good, in terms of Story development, character development and world building...expecting me to know a lot of whats going on and who people are without introducing me to them or the mechanics of the game.

Also...I prefer 3rd person....so I wish it was 3rd person...but thats just a personal opinion rather than a criticism
Yeah it's baffling to me to take out animated cutscenes from a developer that excells in story telling and character building. I'd love to hear the rational behind it because it's really hurt the story delivery.

I've been looking at the press footage they released over the years, mostly of Jackie and V. Look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0

Seeing them interact and chat really made them feel real. Just seeing V in her apartment makes you connect with her more. They clearly intended to have the cutscenes and dialogue all cinematic and fluid, but after taking it away, it now just feels like a more complex Far Cry experience. It's really strange and such a shame because it's always going to be a "what could have been" situation.

Soldato
Sadly this has always been the case in the gaming industry. At least the last 12 odd years I worked in it. The stories I used to hear about ceos and managers just spending all their bonuses on cocaine or doing stupid **** was insane. The amount of sexual harassment is too.

Sounds like the dotcom bubble at the end of the 90's :cool:

Man of Honour
Sadly this has always been the case in the gaming industry. At least the last 12 odd years I worked in it. The stories I used to hear about ceos and managers just spending all their bonuses on cocaine or doing stupid **** was insane. The amount of sexual harassment is too.

I've dipped in and out of the industry over the years (since ~2001) including programming, level design and play testing. It is something I enjoy as a hobby but haven't enjoyed as a career in most cases especially with the way many studios are run today.

A lot of the early years disorganisation was rife and I'm amazed many games ever got finished though that was largely due to a small number of very talented and dedicated individuals who kept things moving forward. More recent years that shifted to project management approaches that in many cases enforces an artificial level of organisation which keeps things moving forward but often out of sync with the actual state of the product.

Drug use was pretty rife but harder stuff was in my experience on the fringe - never encountered it directly but knew it was going on. Never encountered some of the nastier side myself but again heard of it going on in certain parts of the industry.

Associate
Yeah it's baffling to me to take out animated cutscenes from a developer that excells in story telling and character building. I'd love to hear the rational behind it because it's really hurt the story delivery.

I've been looking at the press footage they released over the years, mostly of Jackie and V. Look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0

Seeing them interact and chat really made them feel real. Just seeing V in her apartment makes you connect with her more. They clearly intended to have the cutscenes and dialogue all cinematic and fluid, but after taking it away, it now just feels like a more complex Far Cry experience. It's really strange and such a shame because it's always going to be a "what could have been" situation.

Yeah I agree......V feels like some run of the mill generic character.....which you "create" at the beginning, but there is little to no point in doing so...as you never see yourself...you just feel like some generic American voice following the dialog options they give you.

I didnt mind this in the Witcher as Geralt is such a great character and seeing him interact with with other characters through 3rd person and animated cutscenes made it far more immersive and really helped draw me in.

I know this is completely subjective and a personal opinion...but id of preferred a Witcher 3 reskin, in the Cyberpunk World with a new stronger lead character given to you by them rather than one you create yourself....think they need to stick to what makes them a good developer and not try and be Rockstar mixed with CD Project Red.

Associate
Sadly CDPR are yet another company that were great when they were small but have turned to ***** once they got success.

The level of bugs and just plain broken stuff in the is game is insane - any other developer and they would have been hung out to dry by now. All credit they had is now gone in one go.

Sad.

Soldato
The game does have a lot of bug but its still fun, it should have been an early access beta then everyone would have know what to expect. I would have still got the game even if I new to expect bugs. Hopefully they will release a big patch the solves most of the issues and I will re-start the game after I finish the main story.

Soldato
Any idea of a timeframe we should wait to experience the game how it was supposed to be?
But what does this mean? Technically everything they said is in the game...sure we might get better ai and bug fixes but what if thats it?

I fear people are hoping that the gameplay loop is somehow going to be completely different than it is now and I just don't think that's going to happen.

This is the game they wanted to make.

Personally if your pc can run it without encountering crashes then you might as well play the story.

Associate
But what does this mean? Technically everything they said is in the game...sure we might get better ai and bug fixes but what if thats it?

I fear people are hoping that the gameplay loop is somehow going to be completely different than it is now and I just don't think that's going to happen.

This is the game they wanted to make.

Personally if your pc can run it without encountering crashes then you might as well play the story.

Well didn't realise i would have to explain it. I meant a game where i wouldn't encounter many bugs and crashes and have decent performance relative to my card.

Man of Honour
I'm now 7 hours in so I think I am at a fairly sensible place to list my experience. I'm running it on my workstation rig which is TR 1950x, 64gb 3466 (running 2133), Radeon 7, and the game files are saved to an array of 3x 1tb m.2 sata ssd's. Playing at 3440x1440 with mix of medium and high settings while also streaming to twitch using the AMD h264/AVC encoder in my card.

In terms of performance I get 40 - 50 fps consistently with it being mostly around the 47 area, this is regardless of how much or little seems to be going on in the scene. Weirdly it still feels very fluid and not at all jerky to play. I am still yet to experience a single crash in this game.

Bugs:

- In the first 5 mins a dude was sitting mid air in a driving position but without a car.
- Twice I have seen a random floating object (the same object like a little voice recorder type thing) floating in mid air.
- Not a game breaker or really a bug by any means but there is a mission where you pick up this free item from a fellas inventory, perhaps I missed the dialog but I had no idea how to get the item from him... had to google it.
- There is a helicopter ride when you meet a major character. Towards the end of that ride I had a bug where half the city view just disappeared and was replaced with some random black floating textures.

In 7 hours of gameplay that it the total list I have come up with so far.

Back
Top Bottom