• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
Half an hour later and still showing in stock. You'd think this could be a hint for their pricing but I'm sure they are confident they will shift it eventually

~edit~ nevermind, was viewing a cached page

Similar to xfx pricings yesterday?

Just saw a shop have 3070 at but cost more than 3080 FE price from NV. :mad:

Associate
What ya guys think, £799 too much for the nitro+?

Nah as I ordered one but in reality I would have been happy getting the reference at launch price. I work Shifts and it seems this year tech launches have all fallen on the wrong day and times for me to have any chance of grabbing what I want. I spend most of my workday outside and being too busy to order on my mobile.
I want to play Cyberpunk 2077 at a decent res and did not think my Radeon 7 would cut it.

Associate
Nah as I ordered one but in reality I would have been happy getting the reference at launch price. I work Shifts and it seems this year tech launches have all fallen on the wrong day and times for me to have any chance of grabbing what I want. I spend most of my workday outside and being too busy to order on my mobile.
I want to play Cyberpunk 2077 at a decent res and did not think my Radeon 7 would cut it.

Fair enough. I was tempted to get the nitro for the price, but undecided at the price and prices normalising isnt happening anytime soon.

Caporegime
Yes, £200 over reference is disgusting, should be £50-£70 at most. (Base price is £600 for reference 6800XT)
Those MBA refs will always be unobtanium tho.

The AIB boards will *never* meet RRP. Ever ever ever.

So whatever (small) stock drops AMD make on their website will always be gone in 5s. Even after the AIB boards start sitting on shelves.

Besides, I don't think AMD has any intention of making the MBA ref cards in any great quantity. They'll continue to drop 5 cards once a week for the whole of the EU :p Just so they can say "we kept making them".

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Those MBA refs will always be unobtanium tho.

The AIB boards will *never* meet RRP. Ever ever ever.

So whatever (small) stock drops AMD make on their website will always be gone in 5s. Even after the AIB boards start sitting on shelves.

Besides, I don't think AMD has any intention of making the MBA ref cards in any great quantity. They'll continue to drop 5 cards once a week for the whole of the EU :p Just so they can say "we kept making them".

Even so, £799 for a AIB model is way overpriced for a 6800xt

Associate
£799 for the Nitro oc +
£835 for the Red Devil LE.

The XFX yesterday was £850

Cheaper than yesterday:p

Nah as I ordered one but in reality I would have been happy getting the reference at launch price.

At least you have OC version, better than those who bought reference card from scalpers at similar price.

I was thinking to return the 6800 bought from ocuk but will now keep it. Decided it is not worth paying this much for XT version.

Caporegime
I agree, but overpriced is going to become the new normal price.

I don't think they're going to fall back to RRP, at all. AIBs aren't going to want their margins squeezed no matter how much noise AMD makes about "helping" them to reach RRP. It won't happen.

Only tiny amounts of ref cards will hit RRP and we'll all have more chance of winning the lottery than getting one.

As much as I'm not going to lube up, I've accepted now that I'm probably not going to be able to get a 6800XT at all. It's £800 or bust, basically. And I'm not paying that.

Associate
On some cards a bigger price is justified. For example you will get a very high end quality build for the Red Devil. Is it better to pay less for cards that use cheaper components? This is something worth considering.

Back
Top Bottom