Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
What are your thoughts so far? A friend of mine recently got the same, but I can't bring my self to getting some as I use HD650's with a decent driver for gaming. But I wouldn't mind some closed back for late night gaming.

I really like them more so than my favourite wired set (K712), but I didn't get on with 650's from a gaming POV and generally don't like the signature of Senn's. As you know it's a very personal thing with headphones so if you were tempted I'd suggest getting from Amazon where its easy to return them. I'd read about lots of issues people have with them (crackling, disconnects etc) but luckily I have not experienced that but I did upgrade the FW right away. My previous wireless set were Arctis 7P but I thought they sounded like I had water in my ears and they needed to pop so I returned them. I actually thought the PS5 3d audio was to blame but the Penrose have now answered that doubt. They aren't particularly comfortable mind, I think I'll need to modify the headband as I get a sore spot on my head after a bit.
I wanted the convenience of wireless as plugging amp etc into PS5 would mean wires everywhere but is what I had done previously.

Soldato
I really like them more so than my favourite wired set (K712), but I didn't get on with 650's from a gaming POV and generally don't like the signature of Senn's. As you know it's a very personal thing with headphones so if you were tempted I'd suggest getting from Amazon where its easy to return them. I'd read about lots of issues people have with them (crackling, disconnects etc) but luckily I have not experienced that but I did upgrade the FW right away. My previous wireless set were Arctis 7P but I thought they sounded like I had water in my ears and they needed to pop so I returned them. I actually thought the PS5 3d audio was to blame but the Penrose have now answered that doubt. They aren't particularly comfortable mind, I think I'll need to modify the headband as I get a sore spot on my head after a bit.
I wanted the convenience of wireless as plugging amp etc into PS5 would mean wires everywhere but is what I had done previously.

Aye, all personal preference. I may get them to try it out, not expecting the studio reference style of the 650's, mostly looking for the comfort and quality. Thanks!

Soldato
Aye, all personal preference. I may get them to try it out, not expecting the studio reference style of the 650's, mostly looking for the comfort and quality. Thanks!

I would be very surprised if you find them comfortable coming from the 650's. They clamp quite hard and 'pleather' earcups so get quite hot.

Associate
y4mcDXq6TW2oYgPOYvE0elUvtVxcnLZUptnLXXWIUXP5w1BcZd-KEBUJB2n-9ddK7XS4Z0pbZiWjbp25L175zx7h-vvsgwSwYGa1dpG55Bm56JABfJkyzLoR9fJIuDolt-fhM73qNeUccjq4naiAUTqrNwo5e8ObgOqAtZJj3oLzhDDCy4Qhw8Pak6Rf3vPAjuO

Soldato
I can't wait to watch my little dude open all this on Christmas day.
It's been stressful getting some of it, the PS5 and NVIDIA 3070, but the only item I had to pay overs on was the X-Rocker Neo Motion LED Gaming chair. It was sold out everywhere so needed to resort to e-bay. (excluding the 3070 where OcUK added a little extra to the RRP :p)

50722706036_27c65443d1_b.jpg

That costs more than my entire childhoods worth of Christmas and Birthday presents.

Caporegime
It's been stressful getting some of it, the PS5 and NVIDIA 3070, but the only item I had to pay overs on was the X-Rocker Neo Motion LED Gaming chair. It was sold out everywhere so needed to resort to e-bay. (excluding the 3070 where OcUK added a little extra to the RRP :p)

Dad is that you?

Associate

Epic haul - hope your lad values the amount these cost.

Soldato
New house for his 25th.

Jesus when I was growing up I got like £30 for my Bday/Christmas. In todays money probably not even enough to buy 1/8th of the PS5.

People can spend cash how they want but I'd definitely be worried about spoiling the kid with that much stuff. Will be like the spoiled kid in Harry Potter who wants better gifts than the last year.

Soldato
I don't think the kid will appreciate it at 9 lol. And it's waaay over the top but if you can afford it and that's what you want then go you! I'm sure my parents would've got me more if they had money. Tbf some of my presents were literally a chocolate bar :D but times were tough and I knew why it was what it was.

My brother this year is getting a bit of a refresher for his gaming gear (14).

Got him new headset, mouse and keyboard!

Soldato
I don't think the kid will appreciate it at 9 lol. And it's waaay over the top but if you can afford it and that's what you want then go you! I'm sure my parents would've got me more if they had money. Tbf some of my presents were literally a chocolate bar :D but times were tough and I knew why it was what it was.

My brother this year is getting a bit of a refresher for his gaming gear (14).

Got him new headset, mouse and keyboard!

Yeah I mean totally get giving nice presents and stuff, but hell even the PS5 on it's own would be an amazing gift for a kid, especially at 9.

Back
Top Bottom