Could someone help me find some case screws?

Associate
Hey folks, I bought an Inwin 301 case from here a few years ago (really nice case and would definitely recommend), however at some point moving flat the case screws for the side panel have came lose and I cannot for the life of my find them, which means I can't attach the side of the case on properly now.

I tried to order generic ones from elsewhere but they seem to be too small. Does anyone have any advice?

Soldato
Go on that rainforest place and search case thumb screws (presumably thumbscrews are preferable).

Case panel screws are typically a standard size(M3.2x6) that everyone(most) uses, so unless you ordered/received some non-standard size or InWin are doing something uniquely different with their screw sizes it shouldn't be hard to get screws that fit.

Worst case, remove a screw from the opposite panel and measure it literally to get the spec for the screw size.

Last edited:
Associate
I bought a giant collection (many small orders) of all the PC / laptop type screws you can think of from China a few years ago. Very much so worth while having sat in a cupboard, unless you need to pull the one you dropped from your inverted-PSU housing anyway lol.

Although some manufacturers use odd screws (I never seem to be covered for Dell laptops)

Soldato
I've built up a collection over the years from parts and PCs, i always salvage the screws from stuff that gets binned. I gave away a ton of screws(a box i'd slowly built up) when i had clear out of old PC bits and i'm still finding myself building them up all over again, i always salvage screws(and various parts) from hardware when it's dead/unwanted, or going in the bin (spares are always useful). I have a plastic assortment box with compartments that i now limit myself to, if it's excess, bin or find a use for it.

I always pull PC speaker wires from older cases, they seem to be less common now, but always handy when problem solving.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom