Type R and VTEC owners

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Looking at CTRs for a daily/winter hack, any point in getting EP3's anymore? I'm not really looking for a minter with low miles, just want something with no rust and mechanically sound.

Man of Honour
OP
The decent ones have surpassed the price point of a daily / winter hack in my eyes. The lower end ones are normally abused, patchy history and full of rust.
Exactly this, they so well and there's loads out there, so a complete minefield in terms of trying to find a decent one. And the ones which are decent tend to command a much higher premium. They're old Japanese rust boxes and not very comfortable for a daily.

Associate
Hi, i have an FN2 and have read a few posts about people having them on here which have been really useful.

I am wondering if anyone knows if FN2 wishbones are the same as other MK8 civics? Honda list a different part number for the FN2 but I know owners have fitted 'generic' MK8 wishbones instead. Whilst they fit I am not sure if they are any different? The Honda ones are obviously much more expensive than aftermarket options and would like to confirm before buying Febi ones or similar.

Thanks

Associate
Just had the FK2 serviced (66 plate, getting near four years old now). It's on a service plan with Honda, and luckily extended the warranty back in February for another 3 years (for the absolute bargain price of £595 quid).

Found out that both rear shock absorbers are leaking from the health check they do as part of the service, so both going to be replaced - under warranty, bill would have been an eye watering 1100 quid.

Car has only done 15k miles and is well looked after, not driven hard except for the odd blast over the tops well within the cars capabilities, so I'm a bit perplexed as to why they have gone - if anybody has an FK2 might be worth getting yourself under the car for a nosey, might be a weak point perhaps, or maybe I've just been unlucky (or lucky in the case of the warranty etc.).

Last edited:
Associate
I've never been in a car with VTEC before, can I ask what the sensation of speed is like?

Being NA I am guessing that the feeling of being pinned back into your seat that you get from a turbo doesn't really happen here?

Associate
I've never been in a car with VTEC before, can I ask what the sensation of speed is like?

Being NA I am guessing that the feeling of being pinned back into your seat that you get from a turbo doesn't really happen here?

You feel like you are breaking the law, just an exciting feeling.

Sure a turbo diesel will feel quick for a few seconds, but its short and boring.

Back
Top Bottom