*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Caporegime
I’ve played for 14 hours now and I’ve only seen any texture pop in once, when I was driving along beside the river and I could see one of the parallel elevated roads being rendered, but it really was quite far into the distance. Truly impressive.

Man of Honour
I’ve played for 14 hours now and I’ve only seen any texture pop in once, when I was driving along beside the river and I could see one of the parallel elevated roads being rendered, but it really was quite far into the distance. Truly impressive.

It's unfair of me to judge others experiences but for me it's been the most engaged with a single player game i've been in ages. I'm normally in either csgo or Valorant but recently I've spent more time in cyberpunk. Don't get me wrong id like better performance but how it plays for me is enjoyable. I don't find myself looking at the frame counter wanting it to be higher, if that makes sense. I was expecting fallout levels of gunplay but it's much more engaging than that. its not just walking backwards and shooting, its taking a few shots, getting into cover, sliding to cover closer to the enemy. my expectations were low, fallout low so im actually pretty impressed. It's no twitch shooter but it's better than most rpg type games of this scale.

Man of Honour
You want an Ampere card :p I'm getting 60 FPS pretty solid with quite an aging setup other than the 3070FE with only 2 settings on ultra rather than psycho.

No I don't want Ampere, I'll buy a 6900xt before I buy an Ampere card and you know this. :p What res you running?

The other oddity I noticed is that none of my cpu cores ever seem to go over 50% utilisation almost like there isn't a main world thread like most games and my gpu sticks at 92%

Last edited:
Caporegime
most stuff you won't notice without looking for it apart from the obvious fake traffic in the distance on highways outside of town.

yea sure the game has loads of animation bugs etc but they don't stop me enjoying the game

I can't say I encountered any game stopping bugs yet quite an achievement if the only QA was really devs playing in their spare time.

shame the npcs are more like static objects though totally kills the atmosphere, you can literally run 5km through a busy area and not hear any talking....

Associate
No I don't want Ampere, I'll buy a 6900xt before I buy an Ampere card and you know this. :p What res you running?

The other oddity I noticed is that none of my cpu cores ever seem to go over 50% utilisation almost like there isn't a main world thread like most games and my gpu sticks at 92%
If you're on an AMD CPU that's because the game isn't utilising logical cores. You can fix this by changing a tiny part of the executable in a hex editor

Will be interesting to see the "Hero to Zero" style mini documentaries about CD project red that will come from this launch.
Too quick to forget Witcher 3 launch if you think this is the case

Caporegime
Back on the main missions today and I've now got my reflexes up to level 20 and most assault and handgun attributes maxed. I've also got a legendary Overture revolver and an epic sniper rifle and they way too overpowered now, even on Very Hard. I'm able to one shot kill everyone but psycho's and bosses.

Don't feed the troll.
He's got to be a sad lonely little **** to be trolling this much :o

Associate
To start with I am not a troll {If I was I would be one with a pension}. I was looking forward to playing this game but when I purchased it it crashed at the beginning every time and I therefore refunded my money. I have a high end system and know quite a bit about computers. I did not want to lose out on the fun and therefore purchased it again when the new patch was released but guess what? it started to crash again on start up and a small way into the game so I gave up and refunded once again. I have never known a game to be as buggy as this is and will now leave it alone until its sorted out in the next five years. By the way I am 68 and have loved my games for the past 40 years. Therfore I am not a troll or am I only I know. All is true waht I have written.

Associate
Dude, come on. We're in a time of 10 - 20 cores with most people on 24 - 32GB these days. This isn't 2004.
This isn’t the case at all according to the November 2020 Steam hardware and software survey. 44.11% of those surveyed are on 4 cores with the next highest being 26.94% using 6. As for RAM 16GB holds the highest percentage at 43.24% followed by 8GB with 29.47%.

Enthusiast forums such as this one give a very skewed perspective and do not at all represent the trends of the average user.

Soldato
For everyone loving this game as I am, can we started sharing tips?

Tip 1 - If you go to back of your car to the boot you can store your items in your stash.

Tip 2 - If you hold the summon car button you can select any car from your garage.

Man of Honour

1440p and 4K - seen similar CPU around 50% utilisation but GPU 96% plus. But GPU overclock gains almost nothing but CPU overclock increases performance.

Soldato
I've managed to fix my FPS! I found an obscure thread on reddit talking about the asus suite III software. I installed this months ago and deleted shortly after, apparently deleting isn't enough and only a format will do.

I'd used the hex editor, power management, config tweaks and saw maybe 5-10 fps more (coming from 50-60 fps). I also saw no change when changing resolutions from 1080p, 1440p or 4k. (same 60-70 fps). Now I've formatted (not even on the latest drivers) I am getting 150 on 1080p and 100-120 on 1440p.

So looks like it's solved! Hope this helps someone else. If you want to try a fresh format, you can partition C and give it ago that way. I'd been looking for hours for a fix!

Specs 3080 FE and a 5600x

Back
Top Bottom