• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
Randomly saw a post on another forum about a competitor having one, went over and noticed they had several models in stock and have managed to place an order. We shall see what happens but hopefully that's a family member's new computer sorted once the processors are delivered in the next week or two.

Now if only I could get a 3080 for myself!

Associate
Thats what I said but its showing 12gb VRAM

Yes, two versions when it comes to VRAM, 6Gb and 12Gb just like there have been 2Gb+4Gb(GTX 960) and 3GB+6Gb(GTX1060, RTX2060) models in the past for **106.
The higher end version always has twice the vram and releasing the 3060 with less than 6Gb would be a disaster.

Associate
Didn't fancy any of the cheaper models and I wasn't paying nearly £500 for a better one.

Is there much spread in performance across the AIB cards or is it similar as the other tiers where you're paying a ton more for overclock gains you'd need to benchmark to notice and maybe 1dB less fan noise?

Associate
Randomly saw a post on another forum about a competitor having one, went over and noticed they had several models in stock and have managed to place an order. We shall see what happens but hopefully that's a family member's new computer sorted once the processors are delivered in the next week or two.

Now if only I could get a 3080 for myself!
Honestly mate, 3080 is overkill unless you have Intel 10th gen or AMD 5000 series CPU. I sold mine to CeX for the price I paid for it. 3070 or lower is better bang for buck.

Associate
not necessarily if it is aimed at the 1080p market.

The sku with less ram has half the amount for technical reasons. If Nvidia went for 4Gb+8Gb, you may get away with 4Gb with an older cards but not with the setting people will want to run on a RTX3060 at.
There is good money to be made with a 12GB 3060, many people will buy who do not need that much VRAM but still pay the premium,
It will not hamper sales of higher end cards if rumours are true and Nvidia are rushing the Ti variants of the high end cards to the market.

Soldato
It will not hamper sales of higher end cards if rumours are true

No lack of stock will do that.

and Nvidia are rushing the Ti variants of the high end cards to the market.

absolutely crazy when we dont have stock of what they have released so far.

Its like one dept in Nvidia is continuing along as though nothing is wrong releasing card after card when the supply chain is gasping for breath.

Associate
No lack of stock will do that.

absolutely crazy when we dont have stock of what they have released so far.

Its like one dept in Nvidia is continuing along as though nothing is wrong releasing card after card when the supply chain is gasping for breath.

If AMD and Nvidia have roughly the same degree of supply issues Nvidia will still want to be competitive at all price points.
Nvidia have had a monopoly in recent years they do not want AMD getting a foothold, we know how ruthless they are. It looks bad when AMD cards have way more VRAM.

With the supply shortage it's even more important they get the low end cards out there to use silicon that does not make the cut for high end cards.

And of of course Nvidia will be more focused on the whole generation of ampere not just the current shortage.

Associate
Honestly mate, 3080 is overkill unless you have Intel 10th gen or AMD 5000 series CPU. I sold mine to CeX for the price I paid for it. 3070 or lower is better bang for buck.

The 3080 would be for my new build which is currently waiting on a 5900X to be delivered within the next week or so. Gaming is at 3440x1440.

Back
Top Bottom