• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Well I managed to order a palit 3080 gaming Pro oc from a competitor today. I'm 900 ish in the queue for a tuf oc. Problem is the palit was £ 849. I'm thinking of cancelling the palit in the morning and waiting. Ideally I want a card with waterblock, but I havent seen any available.

Anyone tried or have the palit 3080, I have read average reviews.

Associate
Can somebody let me know when I can pre order a Inno3d rtx3080 X2? At present I cannot even register to get on a list for anything.

I did see Nvidia saying recently in an article that they expect the availability problem to be resolved by February which gives me some hope if true. I am trying to resist feeding the scalpers but will need something better than my GTX1080 to cope with VR in fs2020!

Associate
Can somebody let me know when I can pre order a Inno3d rtx3080 X2? At present I cannot even register to get on a list for anything.

I did see Nvidia saying recently in an article that they expect the availability problem to be resolved by February which gives me some hope if true. I am trying to resist feeding the scalpers but will need something better than my GTX1080 to cope with VR in fs2020!
If you haven't got an order for a card already your guess is as good as mine. Your best bet is to set yourself up on Discord for notifications (someone here should be able to provide a link as I'm not to savvy on that front).

Caporegime
If you haven't got an order for a card already your guess is as good as mine. Your best bet is to set yourself up on Discord for notifications (someone here should be able to provide a link as I'm not to savvy on that front).
I'm on the EU Discord notifications for 6800XT and 3080, and they're honestly very infrequent.

When they do come in, they're either vastly expensive, already gone when I click the link, or from some dodgy European site.

I've tricked my mind into believing they've not even been released yet, which is making the waiting easier :p. Though I am getting very keen to play Flight Sim at 4k.

Associate
I do wonder why certain other shop receive deliveries faster than ocuk, example of palit cards being shipped by other shop where ocuk has had no updates on them

Associate
I'm on the EU Discord notifications for 6800XT and 3080, and they're honestly very infrequent.

When they do come in, they're either vastly expensive, already gone when I click the link, or from some dodgy European site.

I've tricked my mind into believing they've not even been released yet, which is making the waiting easier :p. Though I am getting very keen to play Flight Sim at 4k.
I'm waiting on a Thrustmaster T.16000M HOTAS from a different site in addition to my RTX 3080 from here. Not a full sim head but want to get back into my space combat glory days. The wait is killing me though lol

Associate
Cancelled my order here for Palit 3080 2 weeks ago. Placed an order with German competitor just 5 days ago for EVGA FTW3 Ultra and today I received an email saying my order was shipped. I wonder if I stayed here how long would I had to wait...
I'm waiting on a Thrustmaster T.16000M HOTAS from a different site in addition to my RTX 3080 from here. Not a full sim head but want to get back into my space combat glory days. The wait is killing me though lol

It’s killing a lot of us . Especially when the card you’ve ordered doesn’t seem to exist any more.

Associate
Well I managed to order a palit 3080 gaming Pro oc from a competitor today. I'm 900 ish in the queue for a tuf oc. Problem is the palit was £ 849. I'm thinking of cancelling the palit in the morning and waiting. Ideally I want a card with waterblock, but I havent seen any available.

Anyone tried or have the palit 3080, I have read average reviews.
it's average compared with the best 3080 cards. Still an awesome card just only excellent not superb :)

Associate

I've tricked my mind into believing they've not even been released yet, which is making the waiting easier :) . Though I am getting very keen to play Flight Sim at 4k.
also, 3090 seems to be in bigger supply only because the 3080 is so damn popular and so rare. This is why I have sympathy for OC. think I am 47 in the queue currently and waiting patiently. Suspect it will be in late Jan/early Feb, which is about enough time for some of the Cyberpunk bugs to be resolved :D

Associate

Thats because cards disappear within seconds when they get listed on websites. That Discord bot doesn't have time to even pick up on them.

3080's appear daily on various UK sites. The usual names. Just sit there refreshing the page and you'll see one pop up. Then you've got seconds to check out with it.
Try this method. It only took a morning last week to get me my 3080 after cancelling here.

Its Flight Sim 2020 that made me want a new card all of a sudden.

Associate
also, 3090 seems to be in bigger supply only because the 3080 is so damn popular and so rare. This is why I have sympathy for OC. think I am 47 in the queue currently and waiting patiently. Suspect it will be in late Jan/early Feb, which is about enough time for some of the Cyberpunk bugs to be resolved :D
I'm going to be playing Control/Metro Exodus before I get round to CP2077. Hoping that by the time I do the above (once my Gigabyte Gaming OC card arrives mind) that CP2077 is as stable as hell.

Associate
it's average compared with the best 3080 cards. Still an awesome card just only excellent not superb :)

I cancelled it, from what I have read palit are a big no for cooler removal. I'll hang on for my tuf and try snag something with a block on while I wait.

What was interesting is their system hadn't converted it into an order... So may not have got it anyway.

OcUK Staff
@ScottiB Will the 60 non oc Tuf be shipped before Christmas?

That is impossible to answer as the stock has not arrived with ourselves yet.

Also all couriers are under massive stress now, so some are slipping, Royal Mail have move to two deliveries a day now in our village, but even then most stuff were finding is taking an extra day or two, all courier/shipping companies are maxed out and doing their best with the online boom.

But the stock needs to land with ourselves, then get booked in and then get shipped out and then get to the customer and to be brutally honest I'd rather under promised and say no, if they do land with customers before Christmas consider yourselves lucky, we will do the best we can to book them in and ship them out once they land with ourselves but they need to land with us first and though most are UK shipments from suppliers are next day some are now taking 2-3 days simply as the supplier warehouse / couriers are maxed out.

Associate
That is impossible to answer as the stock has not arrived with ourselves yet.

Also all couriers are under massive stress now, so some are slipping, Royal Mail have move to two deliveries a day now in our village, but even then most stuff were finding is taking an extra day or two, all courier/shipping companies are maxed out and doing their best with the online boom.

But the stock needs to land with ourselves, then get booked in and then get shipped out and then get to the customer and to be brutally honest I'd rather under promised and say no, if they do land with customers before Christmas consider yourselves lucky, we will do the best we can to book them in and ship them out once they land with ourselves but they need to land with us first and though most are UK shipments from suppliers are next day some are now taking 2-3 days simply as the supplier warehouse / couriers are maxed out.
Any ideas what will happen if the delivery address is in Europe and the card arrives after 31st? Did you get any updates from DHL on this?

Associate
@Gibbo @ScottiB

Cheers for the regular updates. I know Asus have let us down massively and it's nice to see the numbers coming in and climbing up slowly.

Quick Question. The queue system that gets sent out on Fridays, when does this list get finalized before it gets sent out to us guys , are all scheduled confirmed deliveries accounted for in the queue system updates.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom