Anyone with a CPAP machine go camping?

Pet Northerner
Don
I snore more often than not but my other half says I stop breathing now and then :eek:. Might have to get this assessed by a doctor me thinks...
Yep, that's what happened to my OH. She would stop breathing up to 45 times an hour for about 3-10 secs.

The CPAP was the best thing she's ever had.

The test isn't bad, you'll wear a small box for a nights sleep at home that measures your pulse and stuff.

Caporegime
I snore more often than not but my other half says I stop breathing now and then :eek:. Might have to get this assessed by a doctor me thinks...

Everyone does. I think it's normal to have 3-4 attacks per night for the average person.

It's when you are having them constantly it's a major concern.

They normally advise you to lose weight is the first response to help it. Some people though have very small necks and are genetically predisposed to it.

It's worth speaking with your GP but if you aren't constantly tired during the day and falling asleep then they might not refer you.

Man of Honour
I've just had my first telephone appointment with the Sleep Clinic which is funny since my office is about 50 yards away from them.
Anyway, it's quite clever because they downloaded all my info after two weeks from the machine because it has got a MODEM in it.
She could even see at what times I get up for a wee and so on.
I am less tired, 3 weeks ago I could have fell asleep at any time but I'd now have to force myself.

Soldato
World of difference ain't it? I need to get a new mask which should be entertaining as they decided that we now have to pick them up in person rather than posting them out in the middle of pandemic. Geniuses!

Soldato
I've just had my first telephone appointment with the Sleep Clinic which is funny since my office is about 50 yards away from them.
Anyway, it's quite clever because they downloaded all my info after two weeks from the machine because it has got a MODEM in it.
She could even see at what times I get up for a wee and so on.
I am less tired, 3 weeks ago I could have fell asleep at any time but I'd now have to force myself.

That is awesome. Having undiagnosed sleep apnea can lead to some really bad health consequences. I'm glad they sorted you out.

Back
Top Bottom