Upgrades to go with the RTX 3080 on order

Associate
OP
Yes the cable below the ATX is the USB3. This is how I've routed it now:

Qv5oNGq.jpg

I'm not sure I like the adapters or grilles if I'm honest. I always think additional parts like that make it more complicated than it needs to be and it's something else that could fail.
Out of interest - what's your reason for fitting the grilles? Is it for show or protection?

Soldato
Great build - love the colour scheme of your custom cables.
I've just ordered the Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh RGB in white, to transplant my Boy's rig. It's currently housed in a Jonsbo C3 Plus, with absolutely dire airflow (I'm sure it would be fine with some better fans with higher static pressure) - he's asked for a better GPU for Xmas, not knowing it also means a PSU upgrade and a bigger case...
...so a 5700XT Red Devil & Superflower Leadex 3 750W has already arrived (and hiding under our bed), with the case arriving some time on Tuesday.

I've got some custom braided cables in white, or extensions in White/Grey/Black, along with 4 each of the Arctic Cooling P12 in white & black - not sure yet which colour I'll use, or if I'll recycle the EZ-DIY Fab DRGB fans currently in his system.

The trick is going to be shifting components from one case to the other on Xmas Eve, whilst he's in bed...

Associate
OP
I decided to go with a Phanteks vertical graphics card mount. It's a simple design, an easy install and the price was pretty good.

Here's how it looks now:

UteMoYx.jpg

mbtr9Z1.jpg

YSo8XQz.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That looks good mate - clean build.

I've not noticed any change in temps really moving to a vertical mount. There's plenty of room around the card for airflow.

Back
Top Bottom