• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
I currently have a 1080Ti and I'm reading a lot of reports of flickering problems with this specific card.

Swapping it out for a 3080 later.
Not really an issue then eh! Haha. If only I have pre-ordered a 3080, I have have one by now :confused:

Someone on Reddit posted a worrying comment, GPU obselecence via driver updates. I wonder if it does happen.

Soldato
The Pascal performance on CP2077 is suspiciously low.
Hmm true. And that's the 2070 without DLSS in some games right. Does seem weird. I'm waiting for this driver fix to land, but I doubt it will increase a lot :confused:

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/cyberpunk-2077-pc-benchmarks-settings-performance-analysis

Some benchmarks from Toms Hardware of various cards. Sadly no runs at High.

I'm not installing that latest Game Ready driver until I know the problems have been fixed.

Last edited:
Soldato
nvidia need to get their **** together, how can they keep releasing drivers with `known issues` and not fix them?

Im obviously not in the loop on how this all works in development but when games crash or flicker because Nvidia aint fixing their drivers?

To me release a driver that actually fixes stuff and not to just put out some new feature while others are still broken, :(

V F

V F

Soldato
nvidia need to get their **** together, how can they keep releasing drivers with `known issues` and not fix them?

Im obviously not in the loop on how this all works in development but when games crash or flicker because Nvidia aint fixing their drivers?

To me release a driver that actually fixes stuff and not to just put out some new feature while others are still broken, :(

Pretty standard I'm afraid. It's crap. Look at games being left broken or has taken forever to fix or classed as low priority.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Pretty standard I'm afraid. It's crap. Look at games being left broken or has taken forever to fix or classed as low priority.

Fellas, coming from a Vega 56 and in the AMD thread there was constant referral to how poor the AMD drivers were (in respect to nvidia's) you are only confirming to me that its poppycock and as I have said all along that no brand make 'better' drivers and the only way to see if they work properly for you is on a rig by rig basis. Roll back if unstable.

Caporegime
Fellas, coming from a Vega 56 and in the AMD thread there was constant referral to how poor the AMD drivers were (in respect to nvidia's) you are only confirming to me that its poppycock and as I have said all along that no brand make 'better' drivers and the only way to see if they work properly for you is on a rig by rig basis. Roll back if unstable.
It does work both ways and tit for tat but driver threads are more for helping/informing others bud :)

Associate
fixed my Memclock not boosting and odd crashes with a DDU uninstall then clean install with nvclean (doing just clean install with nvclean on it's own didn't fix the issues).

Back
Top Bottom