PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
I too would rather have map selection, but I disagree about playing on servers unpopulated with humans. My squad ended up playing an Erangel game with 48% bots this week. Despite dropping at Yas, which was near the flight path we didn't see a human soul until there were fewer than 15 players left on the server. It was extremely boring.

Queue times have been strange recently, sometimes taking 3 minutes or more to get a squad FPP game. Seems really unusual given the playerbase being all in the same queue.

Associate
I still play it, there are still a lot of cheats and bots though, managed to get two cheats banned last week but now I only report the obvious ones and give a lot of players the benefit of the doubt.

Dont like the new map but as I play FPP solo then I will never really get to know the map. Not being able to pick the random maps is a pain and usually always end up on Erangel so I get out the queue and try again for anything but that.

Killing bots isn't really any fun so sometimes just ignore them to avoid giving my position away in later stages. Getting top ten is easy now, chicken dinners still not so much but top 3 tens times more than last year.

Tbh though not sure how much life this game has, recent changes including the terrible bots, have slowly sapped the fun from it.

Soldato
Did they pull the new map?

I logged on for a few games for the first time in maybe a month, I cannot see the new (Volcano) map anymore, but the old ones plus some Heaven map?
No, I think it's in rotation. New update dropped with a new map - Haven. Tiny 1x1 industrial map for Duos. Looks quite fun actually. I'm guessing the volcano map will come back soon.

Soldato
played a few games last few weeks, seems the cheating is back.

One game, went up against 4 vs 4, they were in a compound, we were pretty far and I was back a bit behind the team but clearly were not winning, anyway, they killed the 3 guys on my team and like a true hero decided to leg it, anyway, after a minute or so going off in a totally random direction took one in the back of the head from a KAR98. Watched the guy track me, through solid gound, reported, and banned.

Second on Karakin, me and my team of 3 who I play with regularly, watched the death cam, guy comes running directly at us even though no way he could have known we are there, literally like full autos us in the head with a mini 14 (yes, full auto mini 14........) reported, banned.

Man of Honour
I quite like the new map with the AI. It would be good to have the option of playing against bots on the other maps and being able to set how many, their skill level, etc as practice. I often find in the larger maps I don't see anyone for 20 mins then get shot either from nowhere or have a short battle and lose as I'm a bit rusty with aiming compared to other games. Having some bots now in the early stages has helped with that though.

Associate
I decided to try FPP squads and playing with randoms for an evening and we won our first match. All downhill after there though, lots of idiots going off like Rambo, promptly getting knocked and then screaming to be revived then screaming expletives when not.

The worst was some dude called Bullarn who I can only assume is either mentally unstable or off his **** on drugs.

Soldato
I have been playing this a bit more last few weeks.

I dunno what it is about this game, some sessions I can really hold my own get 8 - 10 (non bot) kills etc for several games or a whole couple hour session say.

Other times I will have a whole session and cant hit the barn for the barn door and get killed instantly by everyone I see.

I am sure it is all mental/psychological but I would love to know what I can so about it.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
The games when you do well are the one in a 100 when anyone you come across people not using a hack.

It really is one of the best PC games ever made but also one of the biggest games ruined by cheats and a utterly utterly useless development team.

I would be happy to just run around with 100 Bots rather than cheat bags tbh.

PUBG 2 has to be around the corner I would have thought, hopefully with much improved sound and movement. They are never going to stop the cheats though :)

Caporegime
well i jumped back recently into pubg again as spg says when its right its still one of the best games ever made fun wise.

hopefully pubg 2.0 is legit as its something to look forward to.

Soldato
Yes, I still jump in now and then, dependent on what other games I'm playing (ie are they PC or not) and whether anyone of my original crew want to play.
When you get a good game, virtually nothing can match it, and I will always have fond memories of this game. Definately got my money worth out of it; even though I bought it at ~£30.

Like most heavily online games though, cheaters certainly left a bad mark on it.

Soldato
I had a quick black on this after.....a year if not more. Wow what a car crash. They went from top game to horrific and BOTS. Wow. Way to throw away what could have been the top game for years.

I have to give it to COD Warzone, they know variety is the key to keep people playing and all the various modes (trucks, Juggernaut, zombies, etc) help

SPG

SPG

Soldato
COD is not a patch on pubg. COD has way to many gimmicks some like it, others like me hate it.

The only reason pubg failed is the cheating and nort locking down regions.

Soldato
COD is not a patch on pubg. COD has way to many gimmicks some like it, others like me hate it.

The only reason pubg failed is the cheating and nort locking down regions.

I only mentioned COD in terms of 'keeping the sex life spicy'. They constantly release new things like game modes to keep people interested.

Associate
I think the game is in a good place right now, the only thing I would want is an influx of new players which perhaps going F2P would bring, but if that resulted in more cheaters then I would prefer they didn't do it. It can be done though, see Fortnite for example.

Back
Top Bottom