Demon Souls PS5 Beginners Thread

Soldato
It was a choice between a buggy Cyberpunk or Demon Souls. Demon Souls won and is still winning ;) Played this on the PS3. In fact it was a thread about the game on this forum that made me go out and buy the PS3. Currently running around the prison :/ Done about 4 bosses so far. I'm older and slower though ;)
Nice ! I’m going to get cyberpunk after this by which time they’ll of sorted most of the bugs out hopefully !

got pretty far though think I’ve done about 10 bosses now. Got the meat cleaver which hits very hard and the moon sword, but need more faith to use that so gonna take a bit of grinding, seeing as my levels currently cost £20+k souls :D

Soldato
Just finished my first ever playthrough of Demon's Souls on PS5, tragically never approached it on PS3. I came onto the scene with Bloodborne, and later Sekiro (which is my favourite, although not really a SoulsBorne title to my mind).

35 hours. I adored (almost) every moment.

Cannot wait to get into my second run, will be starting today :D

Maneater and Maneater bro can do one, what utter frustration!

take a bit of grinding, seeing as my levels currently cost £20+k souls :D

20k, that's cute :p

Associate
Just finished my first ever playthrough of Demon's Souls on PS5, tragically never approached it on PS3. I came onto the scene with Bloodborne, and later Sekiro (which is my favourite, although not really a SoulsBorne title to my mind).

Yeah that boss can literally do one. So much joy once beaten though lol.

Soldato

now at £30k ? Is there a mad level for each stat ?

Soldato
I need to play this again, I stupidly sold it thinking I'll never get around to playing it but then I wish I had it back so I managed to obtain a cheap copy. I think I'm just going to play blind and not get analysis paralysis looking at best this that and the other. On one hand I always have the worry I'm messing something up but at least I spend more time playing than reading. Wasn't there a big no no like when you get the soul from killing a boss you shouldn't use it to do..... something like you could use it for souls or upgrade weapon or something like that.
Can I force offline mode too through game or do I have to dc my PS5? PVP ruins things for me.

Soldato
I need to play this again, I stupidly sold it thinking I'll never get around to playing it but then I wish I had it back so I managed to obtain a cheap copy. I think I'm just going to play blind and not get analysis paralysis looking at best this that and the other. On one hand I always have the worry I'm messing something up but at least I spend more time playing than reading. Wasn't there a big no no like when you get the soul from killing a boss you shouldn't use it to do..... something like you could use it for souls or upgrade weapon or something like that.
Can I force offline mode too through game or do I have to dc my PS5? PVP ruins things for me.

Tbh I just totally ignore the world tendency stuff and just deal with the consequences. I like the exploration of it all. Not sure about offline mode, Dark Souls let you do either, not sure about this one. Do you only get invaded if you are in human form? It is a nice feeling when you kill someone who has invaded you.

Soldato
Tbh I just totally ignore the world tendency stuff and just deal with the consequences. I like the exploration of it all. Not sure about offline mode, Dark Souls let you do either, not sure about this one. Do you only get invaded if you are in human form? It is a nice feeling when you kill someone who has invaded you.

Never understood that stuff anyway tbh. I also found I was always invaded by people with ridiculous gear and I was there in my pants and flip flops.

Soldato
Yes that is the one that is currently giving me problems - many of them gravity related.

yeah I know your pain, been knocked off that platform far too much, in the end I played the first man eater aggresive on the bridge once he was down I went up into the middle and played it a little slower to reduce that risk of getting knocked off ! So hard to read what they’re going to do though

also I haven’t bothered with any of the tendency stuff I managed to luckily get a nice sword through white world think it was 4-1 but it was pure luck as I never realised it was even pure white was just going to trade an item with the bird :D

and you can play offline as well if you want just disconnect from the network and play offline I think. Apparently a boss is made much easier if you’re online though can’t remember which one as I haven’t done it yet I don’t think (got about 4 left to do) you do only get invaded in human form I’ve been wrecked a couple of times I have a miracle now to hide from them though haha ..

Associate
Think I'm pushing 55k now...

Hardest boss for me by far, however I had assistance with Flame Lurker who is supposed to be solid too, so can't say for sure.

I finished this twice on the ps3, once on the ps5. So I consider myself to have some experience with Demons Souls. Started a totally fresh game last night, the first boss who I don't think has ever killed anyone, killed me. PS5 turned off and I went straight to bed lol.

Soldato
All I can recall from the PS3 was I killed the boss with the shields, was a jelly thing probably first boss. I also recall starting a level and there was a sparkly lizard thing and I never saw it again when I played the level.

Associate
All I can recall from the PS3 was I killed the boss with the shields, was a jelly thing probably first boss. I also recall starting a level and there was a sparkly lizard thing and I never saw it again when I played the level.

Yeah that's the first "real" boss - though you do get to a Vanguard Demon first at the end of the tutorial section which is pretty much supposed to kill you. Phalanx is usually easy enough though - kill it with fire. Tower Knight and now Maneater are the trickiest for me so far.

I didn't find Flamelurker *too* bad, made sure my equipment burden was low enough that I wasn't fat-rolling then it's just a case of avoiding his attacks and not being too greedy when it's time to get the hits in.

PS5 turned off and I went straight to bed lol.
I sometimes do that, but then I think I got Tower Knight on my "one last turn" before bed.

Soldato
Okay, so NG+ is giving me some grief. Didn't think the jump would be this great.

I should've levelled up a lot more on my initial playthrough.

I finished this twice on the ps3, once on the ps5. So I consider myself to have some experience with Demons Souls. Started a totally fresh game last night, the first boss who I don't think has ever killed anyone, killed me. PS5 turned off and I went straight to bed lol.

Sometimes it's worth doing that and coming back to it!

Associate
I got the game on Monday and played it solidly for 2 days only to realise when I freed Freke that I should have kept the boss souls for spells. I restarted last night Phalynx and Tower Knight are dead as well as the red dragon. Currently on 2-1 having just set the lift to the blacksmith going. Not looking forward to facing the spider again although this time should be easier as I have the flame ring and fire resist spell.

Soldato
I got the game on Monday and played it solidly for 2 days only to realise when I freed Freke that I should have kept the boss souls for spells. I restarted last night Phalynx and Tower Knight are dead as well as the red dragon. Currently on 2-1 having just set the lift to the blacksmith going. Not looking forward to facing the spider again although this time should be easier as I have the flame ring and fire resist spell.

You killed the red dragon in your initial game? How do you go about that?

Associate
Farming tip for NG+

If you got Soulsucker at the end of the 1st play, going back through 4-3 from the end, pure black, you can get about 130k souls in a few mins.

Back
Top Bottom