• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
@Gibbo are there any plans for further pre-orders rollouts? I completely missed the train on the first run (because I never preorder anything as a rule), but obviously this situation is unprecedented - and nobody is even accepting preorders at this stage...

Associate
@Gibbo in the stock thread you said there isn’t much else going on today but people in the msi trio 3080 queue have randomly started getting dispatched emails? Can you confirm what’s happening here and if any stock has arrived. Many thanks

Associate
@Gibbo are there any plans for further pre-orders rollouts? I completely missed the train on the first run (because I never preorder anything as a rule), but obviously this situation is unprecedented - and nobody is even accepting preorders at this stage...
It's not worth pre-ordering at this stage. You don't make any savings, and you'll be at the back of an impossibly long queue. I pre-ordered one of the most well produced cards on day 2, and am only nearing the end now.

You're better off signing up with some of the many stock alert sites, and also looking out for newly released SKUs. I know a few folks who picked up the Palit Gaming Rock last month when it released, same may be true for MSI Suprim-X etc. And also check other cards as they frequently all come up for sale briefly.

Associate
It has probably been mentioned on this forum a hundred times already, but does anyone know how do we go about getting the promotion (Watch Dogs Legion code)?

Associate
Not cancelled, but if you've got a 3080 on that order as well as something else that is out of stock you may want to get the order split just in case the 3080 comes in ahead of whatever else you have ordered...
they cant split it as its finance, which is a pain

Associate
I caved in and bought an MSI Gaming Trio X on eBay from Box and getting delivered tomorrow, paid a little bit over RRP (like £30) but I’m tired of waiting and just glad the hunt is over because my queue position here wasn’t going to budge until next year.

Associate
@Gibbo in the stock thread you said there isn’t much else going on today but people in the msi trio 3080 queue have randomly started getting dispatched emails? Can you confirm what’s happening here and if any stock has arrived. Many thanks

Came here to ask the same thing @Gibbo

Were the expected 50pc downgraded to 20ish? What's going on.

Last edited:
Associate
Came here to ask the same thing @Gibbo

Were they the expected 50pc now downgraded to 20ish? What's going on.

Yeah I'm 39 and another guy earlier who's 38 Infront of me that haven't received any shipping email, dunno of anyone lower in here apart from the guy who was 18 who got his? Either didn't get anywhere near the 50 in or maybe doing the rest tomorrow? Seems odd to do that but who knows.

I know they don't always end up with the stated amount but not that many go a miss surely out of 50.

Associate
Yeah I'm 39 and another guy earlier who's 38 Infront of me that haven't received any shipping email, dunno of anyone lower in here apart from the guy who was 18 who got his? Either didn't get anywhere near the 50 in or maybe doing the rest tomorrow? Seems odd to do that but who knows.

I know they don't always end up with the stated amount but not that many go a miss surely out of 50.

I'd be surprised if they're getting less that half of what MSI reported to them. We all know that update was a straight copy-paste because Scottis incoming stock was also posted for a short time.

Maybe they only received half the shipment and the rest is on the way - but wouldn't that be update worthy?

Either way, I'd like to have an update on the trios. Clearly some people got some dispatched today so more has definitely happened than Gibbo has updated us on.

Associate
I don't quite understand the que list.
I'm 580 in line for the ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC. Does that mean I'm in the que for that model only or am i 580 over all which includes all makes and models of the pre order list?

Back
Top Bottom