• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 CPU perforamnce and easy AMD fix

Associate
I have the 5950x and am using this fix. Monitoring with HWinfo there is indeed more balanced thread usage. Without fix every other thread was showing 3-4% utilization, after it was 30%+ across all threads. I got about 10fps increase overall.

Associate
For a 20 second job I would rather do it myself, not to mention the legality of distributing the game's executable :p

Now we all know exactly what your refering to when you mention legality, however not everyone is equally astute to modify an executable and there are plenty of legally modified options. It just depends if your off to game copy world for abit of dodgyness , or have open source / long gone unsupported software that needs sorting for a newer O/S or other reasons.

Man of Honour
Now we all know exactly what your refering to when you mention legality, however not everyone is equally astute to modify an executable and there are plenty of legally modified options. It just depends if your off to game copy world for abit of dodgyness , or have open source / long gone unsupported software that needs sorting for a newer O/S or other reasons.
I think the point here is that reputable organisations don't want to expose themselves by modifying code on a brand new game and distributing it; clause 324534.97b of the EULA probably prohibits it or something.

Soldato
Just some old CPU detection code that is doing something like assuming all AMD chips are Bulldozer based and then using that as a basis for thread allocation

I'd ponder if they are that utterly bad in their exe coding.
Its shameful such things were not discovered in the extended months of testing, but then without a QA dept I guess this sort of thing happens.
I also ponder if it is anything to do with being an nvidia sponsored title.

Soldato
I'd ponder if they are that utterly bad in their exe coding.
Its shameful such things were not discovered in the extended months of testing, but then without a QA dept I guess this sort of thing happens.
I also ponder if it is anything to do with being an nvidia sponsored title.
Yep, Nvidia wanted to gimp people with amd CPUs but Nvidia GPU... :rolleyes:

Soldato
When is the game getting patched again with fixes like this?

We shouldnt really have to manually apply fixes created by people to a game we paid £50 for (or £20 if your Russian/tight)

Associate
It made no changes to my performance on a 1700.

Same with my stock 2700. Posted the below on the graphics card thread. No idea how CPU utilisation can increase so much yet there's no increase in frame rate in a CPU bottlenecked area. Makes me wonder if this apparent oversight wasn't actually on purpose, as there's some deeper problem needing to be fixed.

Patch 1.03, no AMD CPU fix
yPqxOTt.jpg

Patch 1.04 with CPU fix
Aq9zo9w.jpeg

When is the game getting patched again with fixes like this?

We shouldnt really have to manually apply fixes created by people to a game we paid £50 for (or £20 if your Russian/tight)

Reminds me of Rise of The Tomb Raider and SLI. Was completely broken on release, but some folks discovered NV inspector modifications / possible reg hack (can't quite remember) that enabled SLI for a big boost. Unfortunately that fix came with graphical glitches and nasty side effects. That was the game that made me finally give up on SLI. By the time it was properly fixed, I'd sold my 2x GTX 970s and bought a 1070 Ti.

Associate
1.05 patch notes are out:

PC-specific
  • [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
  • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
  • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
  • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
  • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
  • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Associate
1.05 patch notes are out:

PC-specific
  • [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
  • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
  • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
  • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
  • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
  • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Have they patched the game from being **** yet?

Back
Top Bottom