• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Yes it looks like 20 units were booked in today from a delivery placed 7th December, we are now not expecting any more of these until after Christmas.

So 20 units out of a shipment of 50. Jesus....

Does that mean the other units are on there way after christmas or is that the whole shipment humped and all you're receiving out of that 50 piece shipment you mentioned that were scheduled to come in?

If so how do you end up with less than half the cards than you were supposed to receive...? What's a suppliers reasoning for that? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
For those who ordered day one or first month. To actually receive thier cards 4 months after the fact is worrying. Part of buying day one is your kinda assured you get 2 years before it's replaced and the perceived value new is sort of justified.
I got a 1080ti end of life. I wished I had waited just 6 weeks and got a RTX2080 for another £100 back then.
Now the 1080ti is a high end 144 fps 1080p card and I can clearly see the drivers are not being modified for the 10 series at all as it falls behind a 2060 super in some titles now.

Associate
For those who ordered day one or first month. To actually receive thier cards 4 months after the fact is worrying. Part of buying day one is your kinda assured you get 2 years before it's replaced and the perceived value new is sort of justified.

I'm a day 1 order for the trio. At this stage it doesn't look likely i'll get it in 4 months as I'm still 326 in the queue and it's 3 months tomorrow. I think in and around March. If I make it to March 17th (6months), i'll expect 2 bags of haribro at least!

Associate
I'm a day 1 order for the trio. At this stage it doesn't look likely i'll get it in 4 months as I'm still 326 in the queue and it's 3 months tomorrow. I think in and around March. If I make it to March 17th (6months), i'll expect 2 bags of haribro at least!

It’s insane how slow stock is still dripping through so long after launch. But I’d like to think you’d get it before March still. Who knows though :(

Soldato
If it wasn't for the fact that covid has, limited what I can spend outside in the real world I wouldn't be dropping £800 on a gpu at all. What I've saved since April has made spending that on just a graphics card easier to swallow. Most I've spent previously was £579 on the 1080ti end of August 2018

Associate
Well if I have to wait 6 months then at least I have a story for my grandkids.

When they're complaining that the item they ordered 6 mins a go still hasn't arrived, I'll be able to say"in my day you had to wait 6 months!".....or, when they're monitoring stockdrops for an iceberg lettuce, I'll be able to say I was there when the wheels feel off the cart. :p

Associate
I got a 1080ti end of life. I wished I had waited just 6 weeks and got a RTX2080 for another £100 back then.
Now the 1080ti is a high end 144 fps 1080p card and I can clearly see the drivers are not being modified for the 10 series at all as it falls behind a 2060 super in some titles now.

I put my order in for the 3080 Strix OC at 2.28pm launch day i was 55th in the queue..Been going down ever since. Got my card yesterday being in 18th place

Soldato
I was sort of OK with my 1080ti until I played Dirt 5 on ultra @4k. It wouldn't hit 60fps and mostly sat around 30/35 fps. Now the 3080 chews it up for breakfast 80 plus fps.
Had a brief go on Cyberpunk. But after I was, blessed with a 3080 today I waited.

Associate
Yes I would jump at the chance to switch to a Suprim. I tried to buy one twice this week but just wasn't quick enough.

It's the nicest looking card imo.

Nice in specifications I agree.. As far as looks go, I am of the generation unimpressed with flashing lights and turned then all off, as I hid it behind some solid metal side panel! I think having a big metal post to hold up one end makes it look like an old man with a walking cane too :) But it's the fastest card there is so far, so thar makes up for it

Associate
Nice in specifications I agree.. As far as looks go, I am of the generation unimpressed with flashing lights and turned then all off, as I hid it behind some solid metal side panel! I think having a big metal post to hold up one end makes it look like an old man with a walking cane too :) But it's the fastest card there is so far, so thar makes up for it
I'm that gen too - I mean my case is a fractal r6 with no window.

But the suprim is the least gamer looking card aside from the FE. have a look at these pics...RGB off! MSI UK on Twitter: "Not only will SUPRIM make your gaming experience superior, but it also symbolizes your excellent stylish taste.✨ Enjoy the whole new design philosophy of the graphics card. With SUPRIM, you could CHANGE THE GAME. Learn morehttps://t.co/13ibGDzj6E #MSI #CHANGETHEGAME #SUPRIM https://t.co/EdkAxYsyp4" / Twitter

By far the most 'grown up looking' AIB. But yeah, I wanted a top card from the beginning, FTW3/STRIX/GAMING X, but the trio turned out more mid-range, and the suprim is really what I had hoped the trio would be.

Last edited:
Associate
I wanted a top card from the beginning, FTW3/STRIX/GAMING X, but the trio turned out more mid-range, and the suprim is really what I had hoped the trio would be.

Why though? So you can play top trumps with people on forums? There's like 1-2 fps between any of the AiB cards in general. A review I seen of the Suprim actually got less FPS than the Trio did.

Associate
Why though? So you can play top trumps with people on forums? There's like 1-2 fps between any of the AiB cards in general. A review I seen of the Suprim actually got less FPS than the Trio did.

I use it for professional work as well as gaming. So up to 16hrs a day! The strix and suprim have better components from what I've read. In the last 10 years I've had three FTW cards, and a Strix, and they are still running. I've had an evga 780 superclock that overheats, and a asus dual that artifacts, and a reference zotac that died completely. I just feel more comfortable with the top cards and being a designer, I do have a thing for aesthetics. (not rgb).

If I could get an FE I'd be most happy. Aesthetics and a bargain. Also, I'm 44 years old, way past flashing my epeen on the interweb.

Edit: I'd also say, you preach the word about how much of a waste it is, because I need a lot of trio people to turn them down to have a chance at getting one xD

At the end of the day, if I get my trio I'll not be upset about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom